OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Who are the hip hop heads here?

What's up? New album for me to dive into?

I just spent the last 4 days in St. Johns on an absolute bender, got home at 5:30 last night and literally slept for 14 hours straight.

The bender started on about as good of a note as you could ask as well. Tossed $100 on the Nats to win the world series and cashed that in for a $450 win the day I went into town. That money lasted all of one night but hey that just made it a real good night. :laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What's up? New album for me to dive into?

I just spent the last 4 days in St. Johns on an absolute bender, got home at 5:30 last night and literally slept for 14 hours straight.

The bender started on about as good of a note as you could ask as well. Tossed $100 on the Nats to win the world series and cashed that in for a $450 win the day I went into town. That money lasted all of one night but hey that just made it a real good night. :laugh:

One of The Best Yet by Gang Starr :nod:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
One of The Best Yet by Gang Starr :nod:

Been listening to it all morning now.

Family and Loyalty with J.Cole is a dinger.

Wow, they seriously killed off the GOT spinoff already!? It must've really, REALLY sucked.

They killed off "Bloodmoon" which was going to be about the Night King and Whitewalker origins from thousands of years ago. I read somewhere that it was because HBO felt the series was going to be too much like what GoT already was and they didn't want to feel like they were just doing a very similar show over again but that could be wrong.

However, the Prequel that was based around the Targaryen dynasty from approximately 300 years before GoT was set... That prequel has actually been given a full green light for the first season. HBO ordered a 10 episode first season with production and filming of the first episode either already set to happen or set to happen soon. It's gonna be called "House of the Dragon".

Some info on it here: HBO Finally Issued A Statement On The Cancelled Game Of Thrones Prequel

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Disney Plus is almost here, I’ll be subscribing the moment the ESPN+ and Disney Plus bundle is available

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah I cant wait. I'll be subscribing either tomorrow or Friday.

I'm curious as to how much new content we get with its release. I know a bunch of shows were announced and were originally supposed to release on launch but I haven't heard anything about them in a while. The Mandalorian(Starwars Live action series) for example is one that I'm quite interested in that was supposed to be out on launch tomorrow but I dont know if it actually will.

I also plan to do a full rewatch of all Marvel movies in order fairly soon. Maybe during the holidays when I have a bunch of time off from work.

On a somewhat related note... Has anyone watched Atypical on Netflix? I'm just getting into it now but it seems pretty great. It's absolutely hilarious at times, but also does a good job with the family dynamic and really dives into the difficulties associated with autism, both having autism and having a family member with it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well since I'm here I guess all talk about other things non Don related.

Been listening to it all morning now.

Family and Loyalty with J.Cole is a dinger.

They killed off "Bloodmoon" which was going to be about the Night King and Whitewalker origins from thousands of years ago. I read somewhere that it was because HBO felt the series was going to be too much like what GoT already was and they didn't want to feel like they were just doing a very similar show over again but that could be wrong.

However, the Prequel that was based around the Targaryen dynasty from approximately 300 years before GoT was set... That prequel has actually been given a full green light for the first season. HBO ordered a 10 episode first season with production and filming of the first episode either already set to happen or set to happen soon. It's gonna be called "House of the Dragon".

Some info on it here: HBO Finally Issued A Statement On The Cancelled Game Of Thrones Prequel

I for one can not wait. I got obsessed with this show. A good portion of that was @RockLobster. The ending was underwhelming but it still gave us 9 seasons of probably the best show ever aired.

Anyway, I see the avs are doing amazing. Is there a chance at a cup? I don't think I watched game in 3 years avs or not.

Reactions: RockLobster

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yeah I cant wait. I'll be subscribing either tomorrow or Friday.

I'm curious as to how much new content we get with its release. I know a bunch of shows were announced and were originally supposed to release on launch but I haven't heard anything about them in a while. The Mandalorian(Starwars Live action series) for example is one that I'm quite interested in that was supposed to be out on launch tomorrow but I dont know if it actually will.

I also plan to do a full rewatch of all Marvel movies in order fairly soon. Maybe during the holidays when I have a bunch of time off from work.

On a somewhat related note... Has anyone watched Atypical on Netflix? I'm just getting into it now but it seems pretty great. It's absolutely hilarious at times, but also does a good job with the family dynamic and really dives into the difficulties associated with autism, both having autism and having a family member with it.

Atypical is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Foppberg

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hey, f*** you and your company if you sent me a "singles' day" email.

Hi, here's an 11% discount, treat yourself ya piece of shit!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I for one can not wait. I got obsessed with this show. A good portion of that was @RockLobster. The ending was underwhelming but it still gave us 9 seasons of probably the best show ever aired.

Anyway, I see the avs are doing amazing. Is there a chance at a cup? I don't think I watched game in 3 years avs or not.

Yeah, the ending was rushed, but it's hard for me to completely hate what happened because I do think that D&D relayed the ending that GRRM has in mind for the series, or at least had in mind when they approached him about doing the series.

Of course, because books are a different storytelling medium than film/TV, he will obviously have a different route to take to end up there, but I expect the end to largely be the same. My issue comes from D&D deciding that they had 13 episodes left, and EVERYONE (myself included) gave them a pass on a lot of stuff that was different in S7. We did that because the thought process was "well, everything has been building towards this final battle against the White Walkers, so it's fine if they're not wasting time showing people walking/travelling to a location, etc."

So many exciting things seemed to not really matter in the end, and I think they could have handled certain characters' turns a bit better. I mean subtly and with nuance you could see why a certain character turned out the way they did, but I don't believe it completely excuses their piss-poor writing.

Nothing but love for that Cast and the other people behind the scenes. Miguel Sapochnik directed A LOT of the most popular episodes ("The Battle of the Bastards" and "Hardhome" are some of his work) and he's going to be very involved in the new Targaryen Dynasty series. So I think it's going to be in good hands.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So I won't share too many of the details, but I required a surgical procedure on 11/4, and have spent the last week recovering from that. So odd that a relatively small procedure (in terms of surgery in general) has required me to basically do nothing for the last 8 days. Couldn't really get on a laptop because of where my incision was, couldn't lift anything, couldn't work out, couldn't pick up and hug my daughter.

Today was the first day I woke up and felt closer to my pre-surgery self. So I'm happy to be getting back to my "old self", just hoping that I will be among the 80% of people who have this surgery seeing significant improvement in the reason why they need to get it to begin with.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Ya, I was really hoping they would go ahead with the Night King Origin Prequel, as I always found the events of the North, the Wall, COTF, etc. to be by far the most interesting part of GOT. But even with the poor ending I still loved the show and absolutely cannot wait for House of the Dragon to premiere.

As for the Avs... Ya I would say they have about as good a shot as anybody at getting a cup in the next 4 years. They have some holes to fill still and need to make the right moves but if they make those right moves they can definitely win a cup with Mack/Mikko/Gabe/Cale leading the charge.

Atypical is pretty damn good.

Atypical is awesome.

As is "The End of the F****** World".

Yeah, I started it Sunday night and I'm already on Season 3. The family dynamic is brilliantly done and, although nobody in my life has autism or anything, I still feel they've done a great job at portraying the difficulties people "on the spectrum" face and how the families work to combat those issues.

It's also laugh out loud funny, at least I find it to be at times.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, the ending was rushed, but it's hard for me to completely hate what happened because I do think that D&D relayed the ending that GRRM has in mind for the series, or at least had in mind when they approached him about doing the series.

Of course, because books are a different storytelling medium than film/TV, he will obviously have a different route to take to end up there, but I expect the end to largely be the same. My issue comes from D&D deciding that they had 13 episodes left, and EVERYONE (myself included) gave them a pass on a lot of stuff that was different in S7. We did that because the thought process was "well, everything has been building towards this final battle against the White Walkers, so it's fine if they're not wasting time showing people walking/travelling to a location, etc."

So many exciting things seemed to not really matter in the end, and I think they could have handled certain characters' turns a bit better. I mean subtly and with nuance you could see why a certain character turned out the way they did, but I don't believe it completely excuses their piss-poor writing.

Nothing but love for that Cast and the other people behind the scenes. Miguel Sapochnik directed A LOT of the most popular episodes ("The Battle of the Bastards" and "Hardhome" are some of his work) and he's going to be very involved in the new Targaryen Dynasty series. So I think it's going to be in good hands.

Good to know...The only big things that bothered me is how they handled Jon's ending. Like really what's he doing up north? What is he doing during his raids behind the wall. Doesn't make too much sense. Greyworm left so, why is he banished and the person who convinced him is hand to the king while his brother is KING.

Ya, I was really hoping they would go ahead with the Night King Origin Prequel, as I always found the events of the North, the Wall, COTF, etc. to be by far the most interesting part of GOT. But even with the poor ending I still loved the show and absolutely cannot wait for House of the Dragon to premiere.

As for the Avs... Ya I would say they have about as good a shot as anybody at getting a cup in the next 4 years. They have some holes to fill still and need to make the right moves but if they make those right moves they can definitely win a cup with Mack/Mikko/Gabe/Cale leading the charge.

Yeah, I started it Sunday night and I'm already on Season 3. The family dynamic is brilliantly done and, although nobody in my life has autism or anything, I still feel they've done a great job at portraying the difficulties people "on the spectrum" face and how the families work to combat those issues.

It's also laugh out loud funny, at least I find it to be at times.

Yeah, no matter how many prequels we get I'll be watching.

and good to know... I just can't seem to get back into hockey. NO idea why.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00