OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Did anyone else get their Spotify Wrapped 2019 today? For US people the link is: 2019 Wrapped For UK people the link is: 2019 Wrapped

Some interesting stats/info from mine:

Number of different songs played: 8,359
Minutes Listened in 2019: 55,985
New Artists Discovered: 884
Different Countries: 67
Top Artist 2019: Hydrogenii
Artist of the Decade: SoulChef
Top Genre: Chillhop
Yeah, it says my minutes listened in 2019 was like 119k and my artist of the decade was Fall Out Boy. It says my favorite song in both 2017 and 2018 was the same song off of From Under the Cork Tree.

I like that my most listened to track in two different years is the same one from 2005. It's telling. That track ranked 21st this year too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Did anyone else get their Spotify Wrapped 2019 today? For US people the link is: 2019 Wrapped For UK people the link is: 2019 Wrapped

Some interesting stats/info from mine:

Number of different songs played: 8,359
Minutes Listened in 2019: 55,985
New Artists Discovered: 884
Different Countries: 67
Top Artist 2019: Hydrogenii
Artist of the Decade: SoulChef
Top Genre: Chillhop

Mine was a bit down this year...mainly because I had an uptick in listening to music through my native Music app on my iPhone.

# of Different Songs: 1,749
Minutes Listened in 2019: 16,061 (down from 40k+ last year)
Top Artist 2019: Vampire Weekend
Artist of the Decade: The Beatles (shocker...)
Top Genre: Rock

One thing I found kind of funny was that The Beatles were my Top Artist of the Decade, yet 4 of my 5 Top Songs of the Decade were by Arcade Fire (and the 5th was by The Shins lol)

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Mine was a bit down this year...mainly because I had an uptick in listening to music through my native Music app on my iPhone.

# of Different Songs: 1,749
Minutes Listened in 2019: 16,061 (down from 40k+ last year)
Top Artist 2019: Vampire Weekend
Artist of the Decade: The Beatles (shocker...)
Top Genre: Rock

One thing I found kind of funny was that The Beatles were my Top Artist of the Decade, yet 4 of my 5 Top Songs of the Decade were by Arcade Fire (and the 5th was by The Shins lol)
Yep. Spreading it out with the Beatles.

If my top-3 for the decade is all Fueled By Ramen artists, is that bad?

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Spotify Report

Number of different songs played: 0
Minutes Listened in 2019: 0
New Artists Discovered: 0
Different Countries: 0
Top Artist 2019: -
Artist of the Decade: -
Top Genre: -

I used to work with a weirdo who never listened to music. He had never even bought an album. Is that you, Neil?

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
giphy.gif

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Is it at all like racquetball? Love racquetball

It is similar but different. The ball is smaller and harder, thus less bouncy. The rackets have longer handles (more akin to tennis) and more oval shaped heads. The lines and markings on court and walls are slightly different too - but premise wise it is pretty much the same thing.

The interesting cultural thing is that in the UK, squash is a sport played more by younger or middle aged people. And racquetball is more an older generation pursuit. At least in my experience. But here in the US barely anyone seems to actually play squash and racquetball is beloved by younger players. Again, just my personal observations, I may have things wrong.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I went through my iTunes stats the other day and even as a metal head my top 30 most played is quite unique. I mean I love all types of music and I got a lot of trance in my top 30, but supposedly I've listened to this song...

...64 times since I reloaded my iTunes like two years ago.

My top five is...

1. Man with a Mission - Vitamin 64 (I guess a good chuck came from one day which I just binged listened the hell out of it)
2. Blood Stain Child - Last Stardust
3. RWBY - This Will Be the Day
4. Luna Sea - Desire
5. Voyager - It's Time to Know

Besides McMetal, I doubt you lot will know about any of them. I got a lot of songs I drum to in the top 30 as well, but would be more from all the drumless tracks I listen to on YouTube. Don't need Spotify nor Google Play. I buy songs like a real man.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So I went through my iTunes stats the other day and even as a metal head my top 30 most played is quite unique. I mean I love all types of music and I got a lot of trance in my top 30, but supposedly I've listened to this song...

...64 times since I reloaded my iTunes like two years ago.

My top five is...

1. Man with a Mission - Vitamin 64 (I guess a good chuck came from one day which I just binged listened the hell out of it)
4. Luna Sea - Desire

Besides McMetal, I doubt you lot will know about any of them. I got a lot of songs I drum to in the top 30 as well, but would be more from all the drumless tracks I listen to on YouTube. Don't need Spotify nor Google Play. I buy songs like a real man.

What do you think of the new Voyager album? I like it a lot, surprisingly heavy for them while still being uniquely Voyager.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
My top five is...

4. Luna Sea - Desire

crazy. Mine are:

1. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson
2. Friday - Rebecca Black
3. Hey Soul Sister - Train
4. Best Song Ever - One Direction
5. Girls Like You - Maroon Five

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What do you think of the new Voyager album? I like it a lot, surprisingly heavy for them while still being uniquely Voyager.
I actually have not listened to it yet except for all the singles/music videos they released (which I loved everyone). I've been listening non-stop to Devin Townsend discography the past couple of months. Great collection of music by him, so many different genres he taps into and each album is unique from the rest.

crazy. Mine are:

1. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson
2. Friday - Rebecca Black
3. Hey Soul Sister - Train
4. Best Song Ever - One Direction
5. Girls Like You - Maroon Five
Disappointed, no Kpop nor Stairway to Heaven on there.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just ran into Calvert & Burakovsky at the Chipotle by my house. That was kinda cool. Calvert was eating with his wife, so I didn't interrupt him or ask him for an autograph, or anything. Burky went in after I left.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad