OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
That's why I don't form long term attachments. Let the bitch go free, you have no kids. If she wants to come back she can be your "bottom bitch".

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Uber driver:

tenor.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Uber driver:

tenor.gif
Jokes on you, this story is from the unreleased second Ottawa Senators uber-gate video. :sarcasm:

Lol, dang I feel for that guy. Not that I am smartest in relationship, but it seems that she was drunk, embarrassed him in front of his family, and is now ashamed for her actions. But I also think there is an amount of truth that drunk people say so she has to come with terms of if she still loves her current husband.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Uber driver:

tenor.gif
100% accurate. Nothing more awkward than a couple fighting in your backseat. Especially when one of them tries to get you to take sides.

The worst one was two drunk 40-ish women having a massive, friendship-ending fight in the backseat on a long drive, with me and one of their boyfriends in the front seat trying to pretend we were 100 miles away. Just digging up years-old grievances and drunkenly catfighting the way only women can. At one point, one of them asked me (context for the question is long, irrelevant, and doesn't help) "Do you lick your partner's genitals!?!?" to try to bolster her side of the argument.

Oh, and halfway there, the boyfriend threw up in his lap. You better believe I sped all the way to Erie.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I know taxi entrepreneurs here and that can be a big, big bill coming the customer's way. Can you charge anything?
Yeah, it's like $150 for throwing up in an Uber. Unfortunately, it's not worth it. When you take away the $75 it costs to get the seats cleaned, that just leaves the rest for my lost business for the night, because nobody wants to get in a puke-smelling car. Depending on when in the night it happens, I could end up out a hundred bucks or more.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
100% accurate. Nothing more awkward than a couple fighting in your backseat. Especially when one of them tries to get you to take sides.

The worst one was two drunk 40-ish women having a massive, friendship-ending fight in the backseat on a long drive, with me and one of their boyfriends in the front seat trying to pretend we were 100 miles away. Just digging up years-old grievances and drunkenly catfighting the way only women can. At one point, one of them asked me (context for the question is long, irrelevant, and doesn't help) "Do you lick your partner's genitals!?!?" to try to bolster her side of the argument.

Oh, and halfway there, the boyfriend threw up in his lap. You better believe I sped all the way to Erie.
This sounds awful but I have to admit I chuckled at "Do you lick your partner's genitals!"

Had a client that we were doing a kitchen remodel for continuously try and bring us (mainly me because I was at the job the most) into her families fights, and because she is a teacher she was at the house constantly this summer. The husband wasn't happy with the money being spent on the kitchen remodel, but okayed it because, "otherwise my wife would divorce me." When he would come home from work they would openly argue with me over the worth of doing a kitchen remodel and try and have me help each other's side. I tried my best to stay out of it with, "whatever you want, I want." kind of statements but it was an awful work environment. I was glad to be out of there.

The husband has actually recommended our company for a couple other jobs so at least he liked the work, even if he didn't like paying for it :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Good to know...The only big things that bothered me is how they handled Jon's ending. Like really what's he doing up north? What is he doing during his raids behind the wall. Doesn't make too much sense. Greyworm left so, why is he banished and the person who convinced him is hand to the king while his brother is KING.

Yeah, no matter how many prequels we get I'll be watching.

and good to know... I just can't seem to get back into hockey. NO idea why.

It turns out that I (among others) interpreted Jon's ending in the same way Kit Harrington did. Jon is finally "free". Yeah, he's sent to Castle Black, but, unbeknownst to Greyworm, he was just being sent back to the people (the Free Folk) that he was always told he belonged with...and Ghost. In terms of character endings, the idea that Jon, who truly "didn't want" (LOL) any of the power or that other bureaucratic BS, gets to live out his life in the exact manner he always wanted...in that way, he kind of got the best ending in terms of pure happiness.

Now, was it handled the best way? Again, no, not necessarily, and I'd lay that blame at D&D's feet. It does call in to question "well why was Jon brought back?" and all of that, and my answer tends to be "Well...the Lord of Light brought him back because he was always going to be the only one who would be able to kill Dany once she submitted to the Targaryen 'Madness'." Is it a perfect explanation? Nah, I don't think so, but in terms of what we saw it's at least somewhat plausible.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Arya could take Dani down without breaking a sweat.

If given the chance, yes. However what are the odds Arya gets as close to Dany to do that? Of course the answer is just having her put on another face and then bingo-bango it's done. But I'm trying to recall...are there many scenes where Arya is around Dany and she (Dany) does not have guards around that would immediately stop an attack?

Not saying it's a perfect explanation, but I can see it as a justification to do it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LOL bubba that was well delivered.

And ya I agree Arya could've easily killed Dany. She is a magical assassin after all. They hyped up Jon to do something big but in the end we got a knock off Romeo and Juliet final.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Jon’s just gonna live the Benjen life. Which is fitting because Benjen has to be one of the top 3 coolest characters in the whole story.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
And can you believe Hope killed Thomas? I mean how was there even an open vat of acid there? And now she has custody of the kid... No wonder Brooke was so shocked.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Monolord visiting Denver (Marquis Theater Monday, November 25), if you enjoy relaxing dark doom/sludge/stoner type of music. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->