UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I didn't think you really *had* to like wrestling to enjoy GLOW (and no, I'm not just saying that because Brie is naked in the first episode). I really thought S1 was quite good, and am looking forward to S2.

In personal news...I'm stuck at the 198-200 mark, and there are days where I'm totally fine with that. I mean ~140 lbs is still quite an accomplishment, but then there are days where I ask myself "Why the f*** are you giving up with only 3 lbs to go until you hit your goal?" But damn man...I want to enjoy my life, and lately I've been able to be ever-so-slightly freer with what I eat, so long as I get myself in the gym the next day AND I enjoy that food in moderation.

I don't know...I think I'm going to kind of see how things go over the next few days, if I can stay in that 198-200 region, perhaps just a small break will help me get reinvigorated to complete those last 3 lbs (which are proving to be, without doubt, the hardest I've attempted to shed).

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I know this isn't a place for politics and it's not my intention but damn, I've never been this exhausted by American political discussion trickling onto my Twitter feed. Everyone just has to get out there and say something snappy and righteous about everything. It's like some people absolutely cannot get tired of this.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I know this isn't a place for politics and it's not my intention but damn, I've never been this exhausted by American political discussion trickling onto my Twitter feed. Everyone just has to get out there and say something snappy and righteous about everything. It's like some people absolutely cannot get tired of this.
I'm one of those people.

The amount of political commentary you're going to be on the receiving end of is going to be increasing a lot. Like, you're at 1% of where this train is going.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I would be (even more) terrified by the situation if Americans ever did get tired of talking about this.

Reactions: Arcade Fire

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am a Monster Inc. guy, but I must admit that The Incredibles 2 is by far the best sequel/prequel Pixar has ever done. A little bit too much of the baby for me, but besides that everything else is brilliant.

I'm one of those people.

The amount of political commentary you're going to be on the receiving end of is going to be increasing a lot. Like, you're at 1% of where this train is going.
It's still beyond infuriating. Obama started this train wreck of President of the United States reality TV show and the Cheeto is taking it to a higher level. It's like The Association, there is so much drama in the NBA that everyone has to have an opinion on a situation or a player. The idiots think they're smart and the smart people tend to come down to the idiots level.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I am a Monster Inc. guy, but I must admit that The Incredibles 2 is by far the best sequel/prequel Pixar has ever done. A little bit too much of the baby for me, but besides that everything else is brilliant.

Just saw it and I totally agree. Was soooo good.

member 116861

The one thing I've learned from studying politics is that there are way too many idiots in the world with loud opinions, stay neutral in public and let them bark at each other.

Reactions: MacBradley

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I honestly enjoy the radicals from both sides (of the same f***ing coin mind you) spout their trash on Facebook. Gives me perspective. Like why waste your breath complaining about something if you’re not willing to actually do something to change it? Political hipsters I tell ya

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Me when politics turn up

XeHVbgQ.gif

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
As much as I am a political junkie, we need to start veering away from that topic, per forum rules (and I say that because I was about 3 sentences into replying to something @S E P H said before I realized that it would just dig us deeper into the rabbit hole).

Reactions: Pokecheque

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
When I die I hope someone embeds this on my tombstone.

"Your lofty rhetoric smooths out the rough edges."

Damn. Pegged me.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
LOL, every time I try to do anything in a thread (except maybe this one), the board laughs and plays a snippet from Flyleaf's "I'm So Sick"...

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Well they can't all be diamonds... last night was rough. That chick who I met via a gif-only exchange ended up having the most baggage I've ever witnessed and the most distraught life ever. Still living with her soon-to-be divorcee who has his girlfriend living with them. Gets drunk every weekend at the bar and dances with her friends, but when she leaves the table her friends say she isn't their friend. Even if I looked past the baggage, it took 2 hours of hanging out for her to ask anything about me. But her "friends" were alright and are regulars at some local bars, so I made sure to leave that situation with the best of opinion about me as possible.

Good news is I met someone else that same night. Need to migrate past the dating apps... I'm getting bombarded. Have 6 conversations that started within the past 3 days still going.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So any thoughts on this; I'm being paid an hourly wage for a freelance type article for an academic publication. It's an interview based article and I'm being paid an intern's wage at about 21 USD per hour. It is taking me a considerable amount of time as I really have to think about the writing - it's not a magazine fluff piece, and it will be about 5 pages long per request from the editor. How many hours is the company expecting me to charge them for? My actual work hours are about 18 at this point (this includes conducting the interview, and the entire writing process), so a little over two entire workdays. I expect the actual hours to fall at around 3 workdays. For professionals, the Finnish union for this stuff says writing fees (articles and whatnot) should be at minimum 104 euros per 28-30 rows. Right now I have about three times that and I've charged for 324€.

You see the problem is, as a student I don't know what they're usually charged for this sort of stuff and I don't want it to be too high. Thoughts?

member 116861

So any thoughts on this; I'm being paid an hourly wage for a freelance type article for an academic publication. It's an interview based article and I'm being paid an intern's wage at about 21 USD per hour. It is taking me a considerable amount of time as I really have to think about the writing - it's not a magazine fluff piece, and it will be about 5 pages long per request from the editor. How many hours is the company expecting me to charge them for? My actual work hours are about 18 at this point (this includes conducting the interview, and the entire writing process), so a little over two entire workdays. I expect the actual hours to fall at around 3 workdays. For professionals, the Finnish union for this stuff says writing fees (articles and whatnot) should be at minimum 104 euros per 28-30 rows. Right now I have about three times that and I've charged for 324€.

You see the problem is, as a student I don't know what they're usually charged for this sort of stuff and I don't want it to be too high. Thoughts?

Should go the Tyler Bozak route, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino