OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Yeah these fires are a bummer. We’re trying to decide if we want to do our camping trip still. Camping without a camp fire kind of sucks and I’m starting to get uncomfortably pregnant. But I need to get outside and away from people really bad

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Yeah these fires are a bummer. We’re trying to decide if we want to do our camping trip still. Camping without a camp fire kind of sucks and I’m starting to get uncomfortably pregnant. But I need to get outside and away from people really bad

Maybe a cabin would be a better bet?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm doomed. Got two women who want me and I want neither. Can't stop thinking about the single mother from before whom I've broken it off with.

Anyone ever recover from an ended relationship somehow? I know not to chase, but every time I go drinking this happens.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm doomed. Got two women who want me and I want neither. Can't stop thinking about the single mother from before whom I've broken it off with.

Anyone ever recover from an ended relationship somehow? I know not to chase, but every time I go drinking this happens.

Focus on being happy to be single. At some point you'll probably end up in a long-term relationship with a woman (hopefully one you genuinely love) and there will be a whole host of things you can no longer do or rarely get to do (being in a successful long-term relationship is all about adapting your lives to each other). So think of things you like to do as a single guy and enjoy them, and remember that no matter how perfect a woman seems, you can always meet another who will be even more perfect.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yep, years ago. It's an absolutely beautiful area.
Is it as nice as it appears? I had a few buddies tell me I have to go. Now I’m trying to plan a little vacation but was thinking of doing more of a driving road trip a little closer to home. Every time I travel I go somewhere far but it’s been years since I’ve actually travelled around the Maritimes aside from the 4-5 times a year I go to Halifax but that’s just a straight flight in and out.

Haven’t been to any part of CB since I was a kid so I think I may get in the car and just go with no exact plans (aside from a round at Cabot).

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Is it as nice as it appears? I had a few buddies tell me I have to go. Now I’m trying to plan a little vacation but was thinking of doing more of a driving road trip a little closer to home. Every time I travel I go somewhere far but it’s been years since I’ve actually travelled around the Maritimes aside from the 4-5 times a year I go to Halifax but that’s just a straight flight in and out.

Haven’t been to any part of CB since I was a kid so I think I may get in the car and just go with no exact plans (aside from a round at Cabot).

Yup. It really is a beautiful area, or at least what I remember of it. A lot of really cool places to check out up there too if scenary and such is your thing. CB in general is a gorgeous spot, outside of Sydney anyways lol

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
So I have a dilemma. I've talked about this with friends and my sister but I still don't know what I should do. Basically I have roughly 2 years left of my undergrad, living in a fairly expensive city, most of my friends are there, I enjoy life in the city. I'm piling up the debt and that's something that I absolutely hate.

However, at a university much closer to home there is a program, or a joint program that is ideal for what I want to get into and would be 100x cheaper as I would be living back at home and just commuting back and forth.

I'm basically really struggling with what is better/smarter, socially and independence wise I absolutely do not want to move back home and find a way to make it work in the city. But.. It would make so much more sense financially and I could focus 110% on my studies now that I know what I want career wise. And also being closer to family, but I feel like I might also lose my mind living back home.

Some of my friends say move back home and focus 110% now that I know what I want, others say it'd be a good challenge to stay in the city and not take the easier route, so yeah.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
So I have a dilemma. I've talked about this with friends and my sister but I still don't know what I should do. Basically I have roughly 2 years left of my undergrad, living in a fairly expensive city, most of my friends are there, I enjoy life in the city. I'm piling up the debt and that's something that I absolutely hate.

However, at a university much closer to home there is a program, or a joint program that is ideal for what I want to get into and would be 100x cheaper as I would be living back at home and just commuting back and forth.

I'm basically really struggling with what is better/smarter, socially and independence wise I absolutely do not want to move back home and find a way to make it work in the city. But.. It would make so much more sense financially and I could focus 110% on my studies now that I know what I want career wise. And also being closer to family, but I feel like I might also lose my mind living back home.

Some of my friends say move back home and focus 110% now that I know what I want, others say it'd be a good challenge to stay in the city and not take the easier route, so yeah.

The answer this, I'd suggest asking yourself where you want to be in the future (say 5 and 10 years from now) in terms of both professional and personal life, and ask yourself which option is more likely to get you to where you want to be. I don't know which one that is, but hopefully you do.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Ehhh I’m more of a middle of nowhere poop in the woods camper. If we go cabin we might as well just vacation in keystone or something. I think we’ll just camp with no fire and hopefully I won’t regret it haha

With no fire you can do more stargazing. Bring blankets to lie on and find a clearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad