Avaland
My facebook pic:

19437658_10209752398102009_9217556882060726912_n.jpg

Reactions: ASmileyFace

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
@RockLobster That is insane and inspirational! Also you got a congratulations tweet from Dixie Carter, you lucky bastard!

I honestly had no idea I had that from her. I mean I knew Mick responded to me, because the guy is great to his fans.

Make no mistake--there's still flab on me, I am still considered "overweight" by BMI standards...but I think I'm okay with that. The next step when I finally reach my 195 will be to work on reducing the flab/excess skin. I've got a bit of a hanging belly, and my chest needs work (to tighten things up), but that's all in due time.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I honestly had no idea I had that from her. I mean I knew Mick responded to me, because the guy is great to his fans.

Make no mistake--there's still flab on me, I am still considered "overweight" by BMI standards...but I think I'm okay with that. The next step when I finally reach my 195 will be to work on reducing the flab/excess skin. I've got a bit of a hanging belly, and my chest needs work (to tighten things up), but that's all in due time.
Great opportunity to transition into heavy lifting at 195.

member 116861

I know some people that have worked with Mick and heard the best things about him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I know some people that have worked with Mick and heard the best things about him.

The following is absolutely all true:

So I met Mick Foley for the first time on a book tour for the release of his first fiction book, Tietam Brown. He did a reading from it and then did autographs and pictures after that. I met him again 2 years later for another autograph signing...for some reason I want to say it was one of his follow-up autobiographies (though I can't remember which one). I mentioned that I met him 2 years prior at his Tietam Brown signing in KC, and I swear to god he remembered what I was wearing because he said "The kid in the hockey hat, right?"

Two years after that he came to Wichita for something, I think he was appearing at a Wichita Thunder game, so of course I went to that and met him again. By that point I'd had his namesake autograph (twice) and a Cactus Jack autograph. So I mentioned to him that I'd met him 2 and 4 years ago, and he f***ing remembered me (of course after I told him), but still somehow recalled the details of what I was wearing. I told him the autographs I'd had and asked if I could get a Mankind & Dude Love autograph, just to sort of "complete the collection" and he happily obliged, and then after I thanked him he joked about seeing a movie in 2 years (since that seemed to by the cycle).

He's without a doubt the kindest celebrity I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with. He was so gracious with his time and just an all-around nice guy.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
BMI is a gross approximation of people, sticking to it as gospel on a person by person basis is silly.

You're fine at 195 I bet, unless you're like a 4'10" dwarf RL.

That being said, nice job man. Good inspiration to keep going myself.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
BMI is a gross approximation of people, sticking to it as gospel on a person by person basis is silly.

You're fine at 195 I bet, unless you're like a 4'10" dwarf RL.

That being said, nice job man. Good inspiration to keep going myself.

Well I'm not at 195 yet, gotta get there first, but I am certainly proud to be under 200 for the first time in...well I legitimately cannot remember when I was last under 200 (even if I'm just under 200 at 198).

And I don't plan to go any lower than that. I'm 5'9, my younger brother is the one who told me that to move from "Overweight" to "Normal/Average" in the BMI scale for a 5'9 person it would be something like 165ish lbs...I told him "f*** no, I can't do that!" which is true, these last 10ish lbs I've been trying to shed have been the absolute hardest. There's been times where I've told myself "Just be fine with the ~200. You've told yourself your 'happy weight' is the 200-210 area, be fine with it". But I don't want to come this far and just give up on myself, for some reason I feel like I'd be letting myself down.

I believe I can get there, it will just take a little more patience, but I also know that time and life will see me put some weight back on, however I believe I have the toolset and strength now to not allow myself to just put all this weight back on.

But I do want to work hard to get in that area, because I want to start enjoying life and see if I can kick this developed habit of not enjoying the food I eat. I'll have my cheat day but then regret it...and I don't think that's good. I don't see anything wrong with having a "bad" meal, so long as it's kept in moderation. If I want to go to Red Robin with my girlfriend and her kids, damn it go to Red Robin, have your fries (with the ranch and campfire sauce!), eat your burger, and be fine with going to the gym the next day to begin working it off! :laugh: That's where I need to cut myself some slack. I can actually *see* my results now, having a cheat day, so long as I stay committed to the gym at least 3-4 times a week, isn't going to wreck what I've done (again, so long as that cheat day/meal is in moderation).

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah, I'm about 5'8.5, I'm a little under 165 and I'm trying to gain. The BMI stops working the second you put on any muscle.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
GUYS....

198.6 as of this morning (post-workout)! I'm 3.6 lbs away from my final goal of 195, and I'm feeling ****ing great!

After an absolutely grueling and relentless last 6 months, I'm on the precipice of moving into "maintain weight" mode that I think will allow me to not have to be at the gym every goddamn day! I can also start doing more with actual weight training instead of focusing solely on cardio work (which I do no with very minor weight training 1-2 days a week). Of course even with the very light weight training I've already seen results...or rather my girlfriend has, as she comments on the tone/definition of my arms/legs all the time.

338 lbs (though pictures I've discovered more recently have me believing I was in the 350 range) just seems like a lifetime ago...I can't believe I'm nearly done climbing this mountain.

You should pick up a sport.

Seriously. That's the biggest motivation in the world for me to keep staying in shape. I haven't played hockey seriously in almost a decade, but I keep telling myself I'm going to start playing again, and every time I feel like I'm getting out of shape I start working out again just to keep the dream alive. :laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yeah, I'm about 5'8.5, I'm a little under 165 and I'm trying to gain. The BMI stops working the second you put on any muscle.

Seriously. I'm a stalky 245 at 5'10" and will never get under 200. Going to keep cutting as long as I can, but my healthy weight would probably be 215-225 depeneding on when I start hitting the weights regularly again.

Stalky, huge legs (watch out MSL) and a wide chest. I won't ever make a BMI chart.

I wish I did more cardio when I was younger and ate better. Instead I ate what I wanted and lifted. Just stacked muscle under fat. I could do dips at 255.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Yea, don't worry about BMI, everyone has a weight that they are going to naturally sit at. I'm 5'9 and used to play cardio-intensive sports (soccer/hockey) almost every day out of the week at 180-185. If you feel good and are eating well I wouldn't worry about the scale.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Ugh. I'm tired of working out every Saturday morning on a few hours of sleep, lots of alcohol still coursing through my body and dehydrated.

Rom Com proceeds forward though. Definitely won the girl last night, too bad she lived with her parents and I wasn't about getting a hotel room. Oh well, bring her to my neck of the woods next time. On my way walking to the train a car full of women were cat calling me, so I fake flashed em and they actually flashed me. What happens at 3am stays... at 3am?

See if this new girl shows up tonight. Always a chance I run into a previous one since it's a more common local bar for me.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
GUYS....

198.6 as of this morning (post-workout)! I'm 3.6 lbs away from my final goal of 195, and I'm feeling ****ing great!

After an absolutely grueling and relentless last 6 months, I'm on the precipice of moving into "maintain weight" mode that I think will allow me to not have to be at the gym every goddamn day! I can also start doing more with actual weight training instead of focusing solely on cardio work (which I do no with very minor weight training 1-2 days a week). Of course even with the very light weight training I've already seen results...or rather my girlfriend has, as she comments on the tone/definition of my arms/legs all the time.

338 lbs (though pictures I've discovered more recently have me believing I was in the 350 range) just seems like a lifetime ago...I can't believe I'm nearly done climbing this mountain.
Seriously, RL. Congrats man. :yo::yo::vhappy::highclap:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just realized I won’t be able to watch the draft this Friday because my wife and I are going to a show at the Performing Arts Center. I had to miss the last Avs regular season game of this past season because she wanted to go see Aladdin at DCPA, and now I’m missing the draft for the same exact reason. Silver lining is we’re seeing Book of Mormon, which I haven’t seen yet. So I guess there’s that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just realized I won’t be able to watch the draft this Friday because my wife and I are going to a show at the Performing Arts Center. I had to miss the last Avs regular season game of this past season because she wanted to go see Aladdin at DCPA, and now I’m missing the draft for the same exact reason. Silver lining is we’re seeing Book of Mormon, which I haven’t seen yet. So I guess there’s that.

I frickin' LOVED Book of Mormon when I saw it out here in Omaha. My wife hated it for some reason, I think it was a little too crass for her. But if you know anything about Parker and Stone you know what you're in for.

That's worth missing the draft for. Besides, you can find the results online during intermission.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I frickin' LOVED Book of Mormon when I saw it out here in Omaha. My wife hated it for some reason, I think it was a little too crass for her. But if you know anything about Parker and Stone you know what you're in for.

That's worth missing the draft for. Besides, you can find the results online during intermission.
I’m a South Park fan, so if it’s anything like that, I’m sure I’ll like it. My parents saw it in New York and they absolutely hated it, haha. They went into it blind, but they’re both pretty conservative Christians, so it ended up not sitting too well with them. Me, on the other hand, I don’t hold anything sacred, so I’m sure I’ll have a good time.

As for missing the draft, I suppose you’re right in that it’s worth it. We managed to get updates throughout Aladdin during the intermissions for the game against the Blues, so I imagine the same thing will happen for the draft. I’m just bummed I’ll miss all of the draft intrigue live, especially the stuff surrounding Ottawa.

Reactions: Pokecheque

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
When you need witnesses during the devorce hearings, you know where to find us.

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Tickets for that are so hard to get. That's actually worth it, you're going to die laughing. Probably their best work of satire in their entire careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad