OT: The Avalounge: Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Got beat 35-0 in Madden. My first loss in 3 years.

nNgiAVz.gif

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So, I've been watching this new show my buddy introduced me too, it's called "new girl" I'm about 10 episodes in. Pretty good so far.

Okay you've redeemed yourself. That show is really good. The guys are so funny together. It only gets better too.

Ah, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who like New Girl here...it is a great comedy, and as Shermy says, gets better as it goes along.

I personally think the change out of Coach for Winston, I think Winston is the funnier of those two characters.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I have the EA Sports Season ticket....

I'm gonna have to buy Madden now. I downloaded it and played it. I love the options on the "Connected Franchise" mode, I wish they'd bring that to the NHL Series!

You can play as an existing player, a coach (made up or real I take it) or an Owner (made up or real)! As the Owner (you get all the controls of the Coach, plus Ownership stuff) you can go through a Relocation, which I know has been in other Madden games, but they really did it up right this time.

I took over the Jacksonville Jaguars and immediately moved them to London, England...after a really great draft and an alright Free Agency, I went to the Conference Championship in the first year in London and the next year I won the SB. And the announcing was talking about the Lombardi Trophy being in England and all that stuff.

Truly fun stuff for those who are into that kind of stuff.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Do you recommend it over the NHL franchise? I like building teams and stuff like that but NHL 13 has made me want to punch small children.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I have the EA Sports Season ticket....

I'm gonna have to buy Madden now. I downloaded it and played it. I love the options on the "Connected Franchise" mode, I wish they'd bring that to the NHL Series!

You can play as an existing player, a coach (made up or real I take it) or an Owner (made up or real)! As the Owner (you get all the controls of the Coach, plus Ownership stuff) you can go through a Relocation, which I know has been in other Madden games, but they really did it up right this time.

I took over the Jacksonville Jaguars and immediately moved them to London, England...after a really great draft and an alright Free Agency, I went to the Conference Championship in the first year in London and the next year I won the SB. And the announcing was talking about the Lombardi Trophy being in England and all that stuff.

Truly fun stuff for those who are into that kind of stuff.

Madden is pretty rad but for some reason I always prefer NCAA (which won't be NCAA after this year).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Do you recommend it over the NHL franchise? I like building teams and stuff like that but NHL 13 has made me want to punch small children.

It's laughably bad how little resources EA seems to put into the NHL Series. Madden is their money-maker (that and FIFA because of global sales of that one), but you'd think that with ALL of the money that they make from the Madden/FIFA sales that they could "spread the wealth" so to speak so that the other series (mainly the NHL and NBA) could receive some much-needed attention.

To answer your question, it's hard to recommend one over the other. Hockey is my favorite sport, so I'll always recommend a hockey game over a football game. But yes, Madden was really fun this year, and I'm anxiously awaiting the Early Release (for EA Sports Season Ticket holders) of NHL 14 so I can see some of their new features put together.

But if you're looking at the "create-A-team" and things like that, I've never done that stuff with the NHL series because they have been so terrible that I've just given up on it with them.

I'd LOVE for the NHL team to be able to do what the Madden team does with the franchise stuff. They revamped (last year) the Madden franchise mode where the "Hub" is sort of an "All-News" catch-all complete with fake tweets from NFL Reporters on the side. And they talk about different things like Injuries, Pro Bowl Voting, Signings, Trades, Win/Losses and Draft Prospects. I love the Draft Prospects because they are randomly inserted into the Main News hub with blurbs about how they've done in recent games, and some of the "Top Prospects" will even encounter season-ending injuries that will either hurt their draft stock, or cause them to opt-out of the draft that year and come back next year.

Man...just typing it makes me mad when you truly see HOW LITTLE resources the NHL Team are given over at EA.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm actually debating buying Madden for the first time in 6 or 7 years. It is that good. I'm just trying to wait until I get a xbox one or PS4 to get the game.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I just downloaded the demo so we'll see where that takes me. I am debating on not buying the NHL game for the first time since 98.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was going through some of your followers on twitter and it is basically the whole Disney Corporation plus One Direction. :laugh:

Though thanks to you I did follow Hillery Duff and Carrie Underwood. :nod:

SEPH is a creeep. j/k bud

I'm starting to wonder if JWK actually enjoys the kids stuff he posts.:(

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Debating between buying a new Mazda CX-5 or a used Honda Crosstour after Christmas.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
There's a team in one of the local hockey leagues called Free Candy. They're an A level team playing in a C league. It's funny because you're like "heh free candy" and then they just completely destroy you.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Finally my ten page report of the mutation rate (both beneficial and non-beneficial) of influenza is done!!!!!!!

Now time to go and watch some Arsenal oh yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad