The Athletic's article questioning favorite player's performance

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Your conclusion from reading @Jesse's article was that Malkin is broken.

@Jesse specifically concluded otherwise.

That said, I do appreciate that specifically citing @Jesse's conclusion to his article to question your narrative driven interpretation of his article may hurt your feelings and for that I do sincerely apologize.

EDIT: I do have to add this. This whole Super Genius Junior Junior angle you're working. It's not too bad. :thumbu:
Haha, you just know this guy has a plethora of tweets like “...freedom of speech is dead!” “...what happened to free speech?!” All while completely not knowing what “freedom of speech” actually means or entails :) so edgy

Reactions: Beau Knows

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I can pretty much guarantee that if Sullivan moved Guentzel down with Malkin and Zucker up with Crosby that both would produce fine.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I was probably talking about him being ineffective during the past playoffs (what really matters). Then look what happened.

So last year you didn't care how good Geno was in the regular season because only playoffs matter, but this year you care how he looks the first 6 games of the regular season?

You can see why people might question your motives, right?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I'll say the same thing I said about concerns about Dumoulin -- give them 10 games (4 more) before it's panic time. Who knows what kind of an impact the lack of a camp and pre-season has on guys early on...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So last year you didn't care how good Geno was in the regular season because only playoffs matter, but this year you care how he looks the first 6 games of the regular season?

I've also heard that maybe the guy has been a PPG+ in every playoffs barring like two. And much of the time even one of their more committed forwards, structurally. But IDK Russian bad and stuff.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Evgeni Malkin's slow start and the troubling truth: Marshall

Uh Oh. The video doesn't look good (see replay of Ranger's goal #2) and now the number aren't looking good by the number people (Jesse Marshall).

Here's a highlight:

Screen-Shot-2021-01-25-at-3.42.42-PM-890x1024.png

Screen-Shot-2021-01-25-at-3.42.30-PM-896x1024.png

If you think this makes me happy as someone who has questioned and has been critical to favorite player for over 3 years...It doesn't.

A broken uninspired #71 will sink this organization. Not the coaching. Not the GM.

Way to early to worry about that. How about trying different linemates first. Malkin had one of the best PPG's in the NHL last season. Put him with Guentzel and Rust and then evaluate Malkin because last season with them he was as good as any forward in the NHL. People making much too much out of 6 game start with no preseason games.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

It sure looks like a continuation to me.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
If favorite player has a breakout game please don’t use this thread to attack to author of the Athletic piece.

You should be able to criticize star players when they’re not playing to their contract.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If favorite player has a breakout game please don’t use this thread to attack to author of the Athletic piece.

You should be able to criticize star players when they’re not playing to their contract.

Nobody is attacking the author of the Athletic piece. He wrote an intelligent article with an intelligent conclusion. The only thing anyone here is attacking is your narrative driven misrepresentation of what the author wrote. I can understand how a Super Genius Junior Junior might not catch the difference, and again I apologize on behalf of everyone for having offended you by calling you out for misrepresenting the conclusions of the Athletic article.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Nobody is attacking the author of the Athletic piece. He wrote an intelligent article with an intelligent conclusion. The only thing anyone here is attacking is your narrative driven misrepresentation of what the author wrote. I can understand how a Super Genius Junior Junior might not catch the difference, and again I apologize on behalf of everyone for having offended you by calling you out for misrepresenting the conclusions of the Athletic article.

hard to misrepresent when you post a quote and video from the article. Learn to take criticism of your favorite player.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
hard to misrepresent when you post a quote and video from the article. Learn to take criticism of your favorite player.

Your Conclusion:

A broken uninspired #71 will sink this organization. Not the coaching. Not the GM.

@Jesse QUOTE:

"This isn’t to say that Malkin is shunning his defensive responsibilities. I don’t see a lot of evidence of that on video, though there is some, which is true for every player at this juncture. What I see is a player desperate to generate offense and willing to try just about anything to do so. These defensive issues are less tied to an absence of defense and more about a desire to create an attack that often comes at the detriment of the defense."

If you don't comprehend how your conclusion is a misrepresentation of what the author of the article wrote, then I'd be happy to sign you up for an ESL class that I teach in my spare time.

Last edited:

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Yeah man I quoted a portion of the article and my opinion you know was not in quotes.

stop wasting my time. Put me on mute. It’s sad for you.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
So is it the linemates fault or the coach?

holy excuse mongering with a net

Both, but it's more on the coach.

That's not an excuse, it's a fact. Zucker didn't work with Malkin back in August, why on Earth would it work now? Guentzel, Malkin and Rust were a great line. Zucker worked well with Crosby. It makes absolute sense. Even if Sullivan swapped Kapanen and Rust, it'd work. I'd have no issue with Rust moving with Crosby so long as Zucker did.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
This thread gets better and better.

Well maybe favorite player should become a youtube star because the sure does like to create content.

Here he is with another youtube content creator:

If you like mindless, non winning hockey plays don't forget to hit the subscribe button below.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad