The Athletic's article questioning favorite player's performance

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
This cat cracks me up.

Wags his finger at other posters for being upset with Sullivan and calls them bad fans, yet wages his own holy war agt Malkin.

Always comical when we have posters who don't even recognize their insta-hypocrisy.

I can't stop laughing every time you post bro.

It's Mike Sullivan's sock account

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I mean, you started a thread here to creatively interpret the content of an article and then are accusing those who disagree of shooting the messenger. What is the message, exactly? Yes, we know that Malkin has started slow. This happens to Crosby too. They are old. Even when they weren't, they both very often started slowly. Yes, he is a Hall of Fame superstar who has won everything in sight. Yes, he always rebounds. Yes, he probably will this time. Yes, he is Russian but no, that doesn't mean he is secretly dying to leave or doesn't care about the team. Have we covered everything? You bring this up every time he looks remotely average and you're nowhere to be found the vast majority of the time he plays well.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's Mike Sullivan's sock account

I think it’s obvious this individual has an unhealthy obsession with Crosby (it’s not that kind of bobble head bro!)

So most of the posters around here are intelligent enough to figure the rest out for themselves.

Hence why this poster gets clowned every time this pathetic Malkin bashing starts back up.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I think it’s obvious this individual has an unhealthy obsession with Crosby (it’s not that kind of bobble head bro!)

So most of the posters around here are intelligent enough to figure the rest out for themselves.

Hence why this poster gets clowned every time this pathetic Malkin bashing starts back up.

"STOP FOCUSING ON ONE GOOD PLAY THAT MALKIN MAKES"

GOOD, NOW LET ME START FOCUSING ON ONE BAD PLAY MALKIN MAKES

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
"STOP FOCUSING ON ONE GOOD PLAY THAT MALKIN MAKES"

GOOD, NOW LET ME START FOCUSING ON ONE BAD PLAY MALKIN MAKES

“This fan base is such a disgrace, but first let me tell you about this devil Russian...”

It’s like a little kid calling someone gross while he eats his own boogers.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I mean, you started a thread here to creatively interpret the content of an article and then are accusing those who disagree of shooting the messenger. What is the message, exactly? Yes, we know that Malkin has started slow. This happens to Crosby too. They are old. Even when they weren't, they both very often started slowly. Yes, he is a Hall of Fame superstar who has won everything in sight. Yes, he always rebounds. Yes, he probably will this time. Yes, he is Russian but no, that doesn't mean he is secretly dying to leave or doesn't care about the team. Have we covered everything? You bring this up every time he looks remotely average and you're nowhere to be found the vast majority of the time he plays well.

first of all I’m sure The Athletic appreciates you bumping the thread.

Secondly, the article goes on to state this is the worst stretch of his career.

if I didn’t post that stat sorry I’m just following rules here.

It’s my feeling that combining his play with the last two playoff series and just the way he looks on the ice and bench...there’s a real problem. You can’t say he’s lazy because he’s Russian (which has nothing to do with my critique of his play) but he’s something close.

People don’t like the videos/stats/my opinion because it’s their favorite player.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
first of all I’m sure The Athletic appreciates you bumping the thread.

Secondly, the article goes on to state this is the worst stretch of his career.

if I didn’t post that stat sorry I’m just following rules here.

It’s my feeling that combining his play with the last two playoff series and just the way he looks on the ice and bench...there’s a real problem. You can’t say he’s lazy because he’s Russian (which has nothing to do with my critique of his play) but he’s something close.

People don’t like the videos/stats/my opinion because it’s their favorite player.

Giving up on a player like Geno who then Pens Org owes so much too, during the worst slump of his career. Is not very endearing to future players who would consider coming to play here or resign here

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
30d995b9d5463c14c3faecd6d956d639.jpg

Reactions: Al Smith

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Feeding no one. Seems a reasonable explanation for any poor play. COVID is causing issues for everyone. This is another case. Guy wasn't able to train in the offseason. He didn't have a training camp. Seems to make all of his issues make sense just fine.

Oh I know that, but a thread predicated by its author's narrative driven misrepresentation of the conclusions of Jesse's fine work at The Athletic isn't exactly what would be called a reasonable forum, is it? :laugh:

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
10/10 doxxed self there lol lol what a maroon

Yep, the tweet refers to Geno in the same idiosyncratic way that ronduguayshair does on here, and then the account is full of tweets mocking HFPens posts. I may not be the supergenius but I was somehow able to connect the dots.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad