Pittsburgh
Are we talking the same #71 ?

Wrong Russian I assume...

season-player-konstantin-koltsov-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins-picture-id52319274

Reactions: Hamurai and Giskard

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Double shame, considering he is playing with Jason "THE BEST SHOT ON THE TEAM" Zucker!!11!

In terms of release and explosiveness, Zucker has as good of a shot as anyone on this team, and I can't think of anyone who has consistently shown that over the past 3 years like Zucker. Minny also used him as a net front presence a lot on their PP last year, a major hole on this team right now.

You saying Zucker is a 'meh' player is as ridiculous as someone making a thread saying Malkin is single handedly going to destroy this team. Both are not playing well right now, both are also very good players and will rebound sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empoleon8771

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
This cat cracks me up.

Wags his finger at other posters for being upset with Sullivan and calls them bad fans, yet wages his own holy war agt Malkin.

Always comical when we have posters who don't even recognize their insta-hypocrisy.

I can't stop laughing every time you post bro.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It's ridiculous how quickly people will rag on Malkin (or Crosby to a lesser extent) after like a few weeks of poor play or whatever. I'm not saying to pretend he's been good, but a lot of the criticisms to me feel like whining after how much he's done. How many players in the league don't go through bad stretches? He's half the reason this organization has been the most successful in the league since he got here. He's getting old, he's been through an insane amount of injuries and the teams we've had the last few years have been deeply flawed.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really don't get why people feel the need to make jumps to the extremes of the other side when they feel that people are being too extreme the other way. It's always Malkin, Letang, Sullivan and the goalies from Penguins fans. I myself have gone down into that rabbit hole too, mainly with the goalies, so I'm certainly not innocent here. But I don't really see a point with this.

Malkin's playing bad right now, and I think it's because the lack of a pre-season that is causing a lot of teams to be sloppy out of the gate. I fully expect that he'll get out of this slump sooner than later. I don't get why we can't just leave it at that.

So why do we care what Malkin is doing right now if we are winning and are in a playoff position?

I agree, but you also have the opposite side of the spectrum who act like the Penguins suck because they look bad despite winning.

It's ridiculous how quickly people will rag on Malkin (or Crosby to a lesser extent) after like a few weeks of poor play or whatever. I'm not saying to pretend he's been good, but a lot of the criticisms to me feel like whining after how much he's done. How many players in the league don't go through bad stretches? He's half the reason this organization has been the most successful in the league since he got here. He's getting old, he's been through an insane amount of injuries and the teams we've had the last few years have been deeply flawed.

Eh I don't really agree with this. I don't think any player, coach or GM should be above criticism, no matter what they've accomplished up to date. I think you can fairly criticize Malkin's play right now, just don't be dumb about it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Eh I don't really agree with this. I don't think any player, coach or GM should be above criticism, no matter what they've accomplished up to date. I think you can fairly criticize Malkin's play right now, just don't be dumb about it.

Like I said, I don't think it's unfair to say he's been bad. But people questioning his commitment, effort or calling for a trade, to me are overreacting. Almost the entire team stinks right now, change the coach, then see if Malkin's still looking this bad.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Like I said, I don't think it's unfair to say he's been bad. But people questioning his commitment, effort or calling for a trade, to me are overreacting. Almost the entire team stinks right now, change the coach, then see if Malkin's still looking this bad.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This cat cracks me up.

Wags his finger at other posters for being upset with Sullivan and calls them bad fans, yet wages his own holy war agt Malkin.

Always comical when we have posters who don't even recognize their insta-hypocrisy.

I can't stop laughing every time you post bro.

@Jesse wrote an incredible article addressing the WHY question that provides context for Sullivan's tone and emphasis on finding the right combination for Malkin.

What the article leaves you with, then, is a choice with respect to how you view Malkin and, for that matter, Mike Sullivan:

Choice A: Malkin is pressing too hard because instinctively that's why he does when he's snakebitten and the cheating offensively and forcing plays leads to him being in bad position defensively all over the ice. Mike Sullivan recognizes this, which is why he's taking the approach he is and why he keeps reinforcing the keep it simple approach to counter the instinct to do too much.

Choice B: Russian Man Bad, and Sullivan is an idiot not to see it.

As others have noted, the intelligent conversation of this article is going on in the OFF DAY thread, which leaves me to conclude here by noting one the great irony about this take on the article:

By casting Malkin as Russian Man Bad, the super genius junior who started this thread is simultaneously admitting that Sullivan is so hopelessly out of touch that he also needs to go. :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
@Jesse wrote an incredible article addressing the WHY question that provides context for Sullivan's tone and emphasis on finding the right combination for Malkin.

What the article leaves you with, then, is a choice with respect to how you view Malkin and, for that matter, Mike Sullivan:

Choice A: Malkin is pressing too hard because instinctively that's why he does when he's snakebitten and the cheating offensively and forcing plays leads to him being in bad position defensively all over the ice. Mike Sullivan recognizes this, which is why he's taking the approach he is and why he keeps reinforcing the keep it simple approach to counter the instinct to do too much.

As others have noted, the intelligent conversation of this article is going on in the OFF DAY thread, which leaves me to conclude here by noting one the great irony about this take on the article:

By casting Malkin as Russian Man Bad, the super genius junior who started this thread is simultaneously admitting that Sullivan is so hopelessly out of touch that he also needs to go. :laugh:

The Holy War must go on... the heathens must be stopped.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

This isn't true. If you want the truth buy a subscription, read the article and decide for yourself. This has nothing to do with the fact the player is Russian.

Chasing a narrative...that's what lazy fans do.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Holy War must go on... the heathens must be stopped.

One interesting tidbit from the article, by the way:

Malkin's best defensive partners, analytically, have been Pets and Ruh.

The worst: John Marino (who was Malkin's best last year), most especially so in the last two games when, coincidentally, he's been playing on the left side with, wait for it, your boy Cody Ceci.

Bet you never saw that one coming. :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
One interesting tidbit from the article, by the way:

Malkin's best defensive partners, analytically, have been Pets and Ruh.

The worst: John Marino (who was Malkin's best last year), most especially so in the last two games when, coincidentally, he's been playing on the left side with, wait for it, your boy Cody Ceci.

Bet you never saw that one coming. :laugh:

I can’t take you seriously man.

I heard a rumor you are lazy.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This isn't true. If you want the truth buy a subscription, read the article and decide for yourself. This has nothing to do with the fact the player is Russian.

Chasing a narrative...that's what lazy fans do.

Your conclusion from reading @Jesse's article was that Malkin is broken.

@Jesse specifically concluded otherwise.

That said, I do appreciate that specifically citing @Jesse's conclusion to his article to question your narrative driven interpretation of his article may hurt your feelings and for that I do sincerely apologize.

EDIT: I do have to add this. This whole Super Genius Junior Junior angle you're working. It's not too bad. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad