OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Hey, Kachina at capfriendly! Wasn't it the howling coyote yesterday?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Asking dumb questions from afar again, but I can't hold myself. How is it for you now, has the world normalized again? Is that dumb pandemic over for you? It's basically over here in Norway, except people are still asked to used masks, it's still some restrictions on bars and so on as with less opening time, but basically not emergency anymore. Mask use is going down a little. Still less people on the subway than you should expect, even for the summer. Biggest issues is it's such an issue if you go abroad, as there are long queues when you return, with testing and so on based on what color the country you come from had, and how vaccinated you are, messy and complicated. All kind of colors apparently. Long queues, tedious. So less travelling.

A few people here still wear masks, there are still the acrylic glass shields at cash registers, and some leftover social distancing markers that nobody pays attention to. Signs advertising the vaccine as well, and the Social Security office is still not taking in-person appointments (I don’t want to deal with mailing in vital documents so my last name is still my soon-to-be maiden name once they open back up).

That’s about it around here.

Reactions: Name Nameless

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE

If you haven't heard about or just haven't paid attention to the catalytic converter thefts going on around the country, you might want to be aware it's ramping up here. In the last month, we've had Priuses, Tacomas, full size Ford and Chevy vans, Ford Transits, Ram Promsters and others all with stolen catalytic converters. We don't do that kind of work (where welding is required) so we always have to refer them elsewhere when they come in asking why their vehicle is so loud. Check out some of the videos online. They can take one off a Prius in like 2 minutes. It's not just in bad parts of town either. They are taking them in broad daylight in upscale neighborhoods/work places. If you don't normally keep your vehicle in the garage and have the ability to, I'd suggest start pulling it in.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Maybe it will save one of you some cash.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Commercial breaks 10 times better than skating billboards.

Well, you say that...but if the NHL ever goes to 3 minute breaks instead of 2, or more than 3 per period, or any of a number of similar changes that for an actual basketball fan has made the NBA virtually unwatchable live (meaning real-time, not in person) the last 20 years....tbh I might complain about the billboards but I know I'd prefer it.

To be sure, hockey and soccer do it right. F1 on ESPN with the Sky Sports feed does it right. Football and basketball and NASCAR (and the Olympics on NBC, and, and, and) do not.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This is one of the best cyclists in the world. She thinks she just won gold....nope, it's silver. A silver medal is still cool, but I wouldn't want to be the one to tell her.

Funny story about the winner. Ya know the phrase "she's done the calculus on what it will take to win", well the winner has a PhD in mathematics...so I suppose it's literally true in her case.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Throwing this Coyotes-related post in the Lounge thread, since it's not worthy of its own.

For the past nine or ten seasons, my wife and I have attended a dozen or so games on a partial plan. The plan is great, in that we pre-select all of our games in August. A couple days ago, my ticket rep told me that they'll have 11-game plans, but without the ability to select games. There will be two weekend plans and one weekday plan, in which the game selection is fixed. Since this has zero chance of working with our schedules, they've lost at least two steady customers.

Whatever; the team is going to suck anyway. In 2014-15, we went 1-10 in the games we attended.

Reactions: 0point1

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Throwing this Coyotes-related post in the Lounge thread, since it's not worthy of its own.

For the past nine or ten seasons, my wife and I have attended a dozen or so games on a partial plan. The plan is great, in that we pre-select all of our games in August. A couple days ago, my ticket rep told me that they'll have 11-game plans, but without the ability to select games. There will be two weekend plans and one weekday plan, in which the game selection is fixed. Since this has zero chance of working with our schedules, they've lost at least two steady customers.

Whatever; the team is going to suck anyway. In 2014-15, we went 1-10 in the games we attended.

Doesn't make much sense, particularly since most games are not sold out. Why the lack of flexibility? You could just buy on StubHub as your schedule permits and save money.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Now what are the odds those flex plans will return....... ???

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Doesn't make much sense, particularly since most games are not sold out. Why the lack of flexibility? You could just buy on StubHub as your schedule permits and save money.

Right, and that's exactly what I'm going to tell my ticket rep. I never rant and rave with a person who is only a rep, but I always tell them to feed information back to the policy-makers. He will learn that we would have committed to an 11-game plan if we could choose our own games; now it's more likely that we will buy off StubHub or Craigslist.

Another reason the fixed plan smells bad is that we used to have the control to avoid games vs. the Hawks, Rangers, and other teams with well-represented transplant fanbases. They're only well-represented because they've been living here for decades, and still don't support the home team. Nothing more annoying than them in our section.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Right, and that's exactly what I'm going to tell my ticket rep. I never rant and rave with a person who is only a rep, but I always tell them to feed information back to the policy-makers. He will learn that we would have committed to an 11-game plan if we could choose our own games; now it's more likely that we will buy off StubHub or Craigslist.

Another reason the fixed plan smells bad is that we used to have the control to avoid games vs. the Hawks, Rangers, and other teams with well-represented transplant fanbases. They're only well-represented because they've been living here for decades, and still don't support the home team. Nothing more annoying than them in our section.

This guy posted a list on his front door of people that were not welcome..."Chicago People" made the cut. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Anybody have any experience/advice for dealing with Sundowing in an elderly parent? I have a basic understanding of the condition and its effects but I was hoping someone might be able to suggest some methods to alleviate the condition to some extent and/or suggest some coping strategies.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Anybody have any experience/advice for dealing with Sundowing in an elderly parent? I have a basic understanding of the condition and its effects but I was hoping someone might be able to suggest some methods to alleviate the condition to some extent and/or suggest some coping strategies.
I would take a look at the sleeping patterns of the individual first. Getting onto a more regular schedule can help alleviate some issues. If naps are occurring, perhaps try and shift away from that. Perhaps incorporate a walk into the day's schedule as it helps to promote restful sleep.

Melatonin production may be affected, so you could look to supplement that. I don't know that sleeping pills are the answer if there is poor overnight sleeping and then issues in the afternoon. You can only take those for like 2 weeks before your body adapts and you need to stop using them. I don't know that there is much harm is taking melatonin, as it is not a sleeping pill, but probably look into it first.

The behavioral stuff is potentially easier and more effective.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hmm. On the driveway or stolen from inside his car?

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
All the more reason to attend and help stopping this trend, no? Rags fans are a blast to be around because of how easily triggered they are. All you have to do is ask them "what time is it?"

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
My Cubs are rebuilding too. Just traded Rizzo for a couple of prospects. Who will win a championship first...Cubs or Yotes? I'm not holding my breath on either.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Complaining after you lose your race just looks like sour grapes, but he's probably not wrong. If you want an inside look as to how cyclists avoided getting caught during the Armstrong era check out Tyler Hamilton's book The Secret Race.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
That hair :laugh:
He went to Dorothy Hamill's stylist.

7c3381e07e9c72d871126c40e53609d9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events