OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Welcomed a new member of my household today, Jasmine. She was my sister’s dog, but a combination of circumstances (my sister went through a divorce, her other dog passed away, mine passed away, kind of a mess) and her working 12-hour shifts meant that Jasmine was home alone with no companionship except when my sister’s ex-husband would come over twice a day to feed her. So, I agreed to take care of her.

(As a plus for my sister, she can now demand her ex’s house key back.)

Got to make another road trip out of it too. Since my sister lives in St. Louis, we met in Calhoun, GA, spent the night, and each drove back home today.

Attachments

• F2822CD3-2B4A-428A-8C06-B2D4FED9F74A.jpeg
    F2822CD3-2B4A-428A-8C06-B2D4FED9F74A.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 8

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anyone know if the Coyotes sell Spanish themed apparel? They don't seem to be pushing the Spanish thing on social as much they used to.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Actually signed the wife and I up tonight for our first round tomorrow afternoon at the State Farm Stadium pod. Beat the over-16 crowd.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting... granted I can only speak anecdotally, but most of the people I know have gained weight over the past year. Both my husband and I, however, have lost weight.

No need to rely on anecdotes, this study says more people got fat during the pandemic. My weight is roughly the same.

200612_gain-weight-pandemic_fullwidth.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The average American is gaining two pounds a month during Covid according to the New York Times. I'm sure once the pandemic ends Americans will immediately change their dietary habits and get gym memberships to lose that 25-30 pounds.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I mean, stress eating is one of the easiest things to do during pandemic, and combine that with WFH.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I mean, stress eating is one of the easiest things to do during pandemic, and combine that with WFH.

I’ve never stress eaten. I actually lose my appetite when I’m stressed. Combined with the lower activity due to the pandemic I’ve probably been eating about half as much as I was before it.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I’ve never stress eaten. I actually lose my appetite when I’m stressed. Combined with the lower activity due to the pandemic I’ve probably been eating about half as much as I was before it.

Me too. I eat less when stressed, but more when bored. I bet more people are bored than stressed.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
My veins are pumping with Mountain Dew and Monster Pacific Punch. On day 1 with no sugar water products and I am blowing my mind up (as Wendy used to say).

No shock that people are gaining weight. Going to a gym is still illegal in many places, no?

In other news I spent part of my $1,400 on The Karate Kid I, II & III scores. Should arrive in 3 days. Pumped.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The pandemic has certainly highlighted global supply chain fragility. I can live without wipes, but don't f*** with my coffee. :mad:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No Anderson, it sounds like Anthony Meruelo making money. :yashin:

Cooper is an idiot, and like other social media people, he needs to pump his ratings and put fear in people, and unfortunately, most listen to this garbage.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Cooper is an idiot, and like other social media people, he needs to pump his ratings and put fear in people, and unfortunately, most listen to this garbage.

What annoys me is the air of superiority from media types like Cooper that have zero skin in the game. He's not a government or business leader that has to worry about the economic impact of millions of people forced out of work. Vegas is tourism, and without it, Vegas dies.

I've seen some preliminary numbers that indicate the U.S. suicide rate since the pandemic lockdowns started is nearly double the usual rate. Simpleton's like Anderson Cooper are incapable of any type of intelligence cost/benefit analysis.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sometimes I agree with Cooper Anderson's opinion, most timesI don't. He is undeniably brilliant and an extremely hard worker. He was right there lending a hand in New Orleans next to my daughter after the hurricane. That part was not put on the air, but he was up to his knees in mud just like the other volunteers, doing his part.

One of our deepest flaws, as Americans, is that we tend to vilify those whose opinions and values differ from our own. Cooper is way liberal, but he is a decent person and merits respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->