OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm usually late to the party discovering new bands, but lately, a few acts out of Australia have caught my attention. Mixed Up Everything has some awesome covers on YouTube, and is just getting started releasing original music. While not an Australian band, The Distillers has the best Australian lead singer since Bon Scott. Most recently I happened upon Amyl and the Sniffers. What is a Sniffer? My American vocabulary is at a loss. Decidedly punk, but this guitar solo has metal written all over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'm usually late to the party discovering new bands, but lately, I've noticed a few acts out of Australia that have caught my attention. Mixed Up Everything has some awesome covers on YouTube, and is just getting started releasing original music. While not an Australian band, The Distillers has the best Australian lead singer since Bon Scott. Most recently I happened upon Amyl and the Sniffers. What is a Sniffer? My American vocabulary is at a loss. Decidedly punk, but this guitar solo has metal written all over it.

Amyl nitrite -> poppers, recreational drug used by inhaling the fumes or sniffing...

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'm usually late to the party discovering new bands, but lately, I've noticed a few acts out of Australia that have caught my attention. Mixed Up Everything has some awesome covers on YouTube, and is just getting started releasing original music. While not an Australian band, The Distillers has the best Australian lead singer since Bon Scott. Most recently I happened upon Amyl and the Sniffers. What is a Sniffer? My American vocabulary is at a loss. Decidedly punk, but this guitar solo has metal written all over it.

My favorite modern band from Australia. Unfortunately they broke up not too long ago. Sounds like the Buzzcocks with a 60's soul singer fronting them.

Then there is the whole New Zealand scene from the 80's on the Flying Nun record label. The Clean being the most prolific.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
^and therein lies the problem...the more people can't (or won't) discern between reliable sources and the unreliable, and adopt a totally cynical "trust no-one" mentality, eventually will by definition find themselves........

....uninformed.
Yup. Follow the money and that’s all you need to know.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I can't access the article. Does it say to expect a decision in 2 weeks?
Heh, yeah.

Says they've been talking to Tempe for 2 years. Idea is sort of described as East Westgate (arena! shopping! dining! entertainment!), but currently houses the city's public works and compost yard, so there's some environmental cleanup work...but then article throws a little cold water (not goldwater, cold water) in the form of "far from a done deal, may not be appealing to residents in the area, taxpayer funded sports arenas, bla bla bla"...

But this was new to me; I'd never heard any rumors about that particular spot

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Oh, you're not throwing a Publix sandwich. You'd throw your car keys before a Publix deli sandwich.

Okay, that's a bit much.

Someone today got a sub and asked for “extra everything” on it. I ended up wrapping it in several wrappers and then a bunch of plastic wrap since there was no way it would fit in a paper sub bag. That would be a hefty sub to throw at someone.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not that pumped to watch most Olympic events, but the surfing competition could be intense.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Asking dumb questions from afar again, but I can't hold myself. How is it for you now, has the world normalized again? Is that dumb pandemic over for you? It's basically over here in Norway, except people are still asked to used masks, it's still some restrictions on bars and so on as with less opening time, but basically not emergency anymore. Mask use is going down a little. Still less people on the subway than you should expect, even for the summer. Biggest issues is it's such an issue if you go abroad, as there are long queues when you return, with testing and so on based on what color the country you come from had, and how vaccinated you are, messy and complicated. All kind of colors apparently. Long queues, tedious. So less travelling.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Asking dumb questions from afar again, but I can't hold myself. How is it for you now, has the world normalized again? Is that dumb pandemic over for you? It's basically over here in Norway, except people are still asked to used masks, it's still some restrictions on bars and so on as with less opening time, but basically not emergency anymore. Mask use is going down a little. Still less people on the subway than you should expect, even for the summer. Biggest issues is it's such an issue if you go abroad, as there are long queues when you return, with testing and so on based on what color the country you come from had, and how vaccinated you are, messy and complicated. All kind of colors apparently. Long queues, tedious. So less travelling.

Some places in the States are mandating masks again, and the protocols in schools are up to local jurisdiction so you'll probably see a wide variety of measures in place or none at all. The biggest impact on my life is that masks are still required for air travel, but the order is set to expire in September. I'm hoping it's not renewed. but based on recent trends I could see it being extended.

Reactions: Name Nameless

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This is one of the best cyclists in the world. She thinks she just won gold....nope, it's silver. A silver medal is still cool, but I wouldn't want to be the one to tell her.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This is one of the best cyclists in the world. She thinks she just won gold....nope, it's silver. A silver medal is still cool, but I wouldn't want to be the one to tell her.

Wow... even without radio, you have good old-fashioned seconding, with people holding up signs. That group of riders she was in must each and every one have really bad coaches.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Wow... even without radio, you have good old-fashioned seconding, with people holding up signs. That group of riders she was in must each and every one have really bad coaches.

I'm wondering how many in the peloton didn't know? Explains why there wasn't much effort to chase down the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->