OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We're in a drought...waahhh. Now it's raining to much...booohooo. Can't please you desert dwellers. :)

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Not possible for the car to do that on its own. It was the only one floating down the river? No way!

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
It’s a Prius. Or…. slightly heavier than a SmartCar.

It’s also on a hill. Once it broke loose it takes next to nothing to keep it moving.

there was a Dodge Ram it hit. You’d think that would lodge it loose, but then again, it would be like a feather hitting it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was fully vaccinated against COVID back in April. I tested positive yesterday. I’m getting sick currently. Anyone know anything about what vaccinated people can expect when infected with covid? I haven’t been able to find anything interesting to read about it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I was fully vaccinated against COVID back in April. I tested positive yesterday. I’m getting sick currently. Anyone know anything about what vaccinated people can expect when infected with covid? I haven’t been able to find anything interesting to read about it.
Everything I have ever read says that the vaccine prevents serious illness, hospitalization, and death in really high numbers. Over 90% for most vaccines.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Well that’s encouraging. Especially since I’m a hypertensive type 1 diabetic.
Not sure how different risk factors effect the percentage?? But I did read that the latest stats say 95% of deaths from covid lately are unvaccinated. Hopefully with your age and vaccine it should be more of a minor illness. Good luck.

Reactions: rt

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

My understanding is that the vaccine helps hold down the viral load which means the symptoms are less severe. But don't trust us layman; I'm assuming you've seen a doctor.

rt

May 13, 2004
My understanding is that the vaccine helps hold down the viral load which means the symptoms are less severe. But don't trust us layman; I'm assuming you've seen a doctor.
Yep. Did a video visit with my PCP.

My wife and my six year old have it too. My three year old hasn’t shown any signs.

I’m just bummed because i was supposed to leave for camp tomorrow. I was going to be a counselor at a foster kids camp for kids 7-11 years old who are living in group homes. Nice little 6 day vacation for kids from tough backgrounds. Archery, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, swimming, arts and crafts.

I was really excited to go. I had my camper assigned to me (it’s 1:1) and did all my training (16 hours) and bought all my gear. Now, stuck at home with a fever. Haha.

Oh well. I guess there’s always next year. And it’s just important that my own family is okay. Still pretty disappointed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yep. Did a video visit with my PCP.

My wife and my six year old have it too. My three year old hasn’t shown any signs.

I’m just bummed because i was supposed to leave for camp tomorrow. I was going to be a counselor at a foster kids camp for kids 7-11 years old who are living in group homes. Nice little 6 day vacation for kids from tough backgrounds. Archery, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, swimming, arts and crafts.

I was really excited to go. I had my camper assigned to me (it’s 1:1) and did all my training (16 hours) and bought all my gear. Now, stuck at home with a fever. Haha.

Oh well. I guess there’s always next year. And it’s just important that my own family is okay. Still pretty disappointed.
You a good man for doing that rt. :thumbu:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I didn’t do it. Lol. It’s stolen valor. Haha.
Nah, you took all the steps to make it happen. Maybe double-up next year. In the meantime, hope you feel better and soon.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This is why I got the vaccine. If I ever get lost in the desert it will be easy for the satellites to find me. Who's the smart one now? :dunce:

Reactions: Kaizen

rt

May 13, 2004
This is why I got the vaccine. If I ever get lost in the desert it will be easy for the satellites to find me. Who's the smart one now? :dunce:

The microchip does NOT seem to be helping me too much. Despite being fully vaccinated in late April, late last night was just about as sick as I’ve ever been in my life. Felt human again by 10am. or so, and standard “sick” the rest of the day. But over the last hour I’m sliding back down into it. Not looking forward to tonight.

Hopefully that vaccine relief I’ve been reading about kicks in at some point soon and saves my bacon. I had a fever for three days after my 2nd dose of Moderna. Felt awful the whole time. That was two and a half months ago. I would have thought I’d be doing a better job of fighting this off. :dunno:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The microchip does NOT seem to be helping me too much. Despite being vaccinated, late last night was just about as sick as I’ve ever been in my life. Felt human again by 10am. or so, and standard “sick” the rest of the day. But over the last hour I’m sliding back down into it. Not looking forward to tonight.

Hopefully that vaccine relief I’ve been reading about kicks in at some point soon and saves my bacon. I had a fever for three days after my 2nd dose of Moderna. That was two and a half months ago. I would have thought I’d be doing a better job of fighting this off. :dunno:

Did your doc prescribe any meds, or just say to tough it out with over the counter treatments?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The microchip does NOT seem to be helping me too much. Despite being fully vaccinated in late April, late last night was just about as sick as I’ve ever been in my life. Felt human again by 10am. or so, and standard “sick” the rest of the day. But over the last hour I’m sliding back down into it. Not looking forward to tonight.

Hopefully that vaccine relief I’ve been reading about kicks in at some point soon and saves my bacon. I had a fever for three days after my 2nd dose of Moderna. Felt awful the whole time. That was two and a half months ago. I would have thought I’d be doing a better job of fighting this off. :dunno:
2nd Moderna kicked my azz for 24 hours and was then nothing??? Really quite a weird experience. Good luck with the battle.

rt

May 13, 2004
Did your doc prescribe any meds, or just say to tough it out with over the counter treatments?
When I talked to him I was not yet symptomatic. I got tested because of exposure. I didn’t even know there was treatment for covid. I’ve just been taking Tylenol to keep my fever down. I can’t take steroids because I’m a type one diabetic.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Oh my. It’s like people want to believe in a conspiracy so badly, they’ll latch onto the ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad