OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Decided to say f*** it and shave my head today. Very grateful that afterwards I don't look like Niklas Hjalmarsson.
That is what I did for years before COVID-19. Always thankful that I do not have an odd shaped dome and can pull it off. Eschewed grooming since last March. Now I look like a vagrant that has shower access. Holding out until I go back to the office despite the beard getting annoying and my underlying sadness that I cannot pull off a skullet like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage could. RIP Macho Man.

Reactions: Mosby

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Decided to say f*** it and shave my head today. Very grateful that afterwards I don't look like Niklas Hjalmarsson.
Shaved head in the summer is great. Splash some water on it if you're outside and you'll get a nice evaporative cooling effect.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
^ anyone else read Snicket to their kids? We’re almost done with 10 (of 13) and my soon to be 1st grader loves them (though I do have to “revise” a very few parts, especially in part one and part nine).
Still curious about this. And if anyone else wants to worry about me, feel free to express your concerns here. I’ll be sure to post 100 pictures of mundane daily activities in reply.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just put dinner in the oven. Hope it’s cool if I post for a little while.
2F92F861-3137-4AA6-AF82-51021E2FDB82.jpeg

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
From the depth of that's nuts, it has been hotter this week in British Columbia than Phoenix.
Dang. The Hockey Guy has referenced the heatwave in BC and my thoughts are "silly little Canadian thinks it's hot". Had no clue it was that bad. Did you at least get a night where it dropped a whole 5°?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Dang. The Hockey Guy has referenced the heatwave in BC and my thoughts are "silly little Canadian thinks it's hot". Had no clue it was that bad. Did you at least get a night where it dropped a whole 5°?
Yesterday set the Canadian record for warmest day ever, it lasted one day!!!!! 60% of the Province does not have AC. I do!!!!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yesterday set the Canadian record for warmest day ever, it lasted one day!!!!! 60% of the Province does not have AC. I do!!!!
It reminded me a lot of my annual Sept trip to AZ, like a hair dryer blowing on you.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

One of my compressors at the shop said "no mas' and wouldn't work untill we set up misters. The ambient heat is stretching a fair chunk beyond what the equipment is designed for.
Supposed to be more normal by Thursday.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
New Canadian record set in BC today as the temp went to 121 degrees.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
This happens almost every year in the KC area, despite the fact that every street corner sells large and dangerous fireworks big enough to kill you. For some people, it's not enough.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have seen a couple pics of heat heaving concrete medians but no issues with roads yet.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
121 degrees? Surely hockey doesn't belong in such a hot environment, right?? (Just a comment about the silly things some anti-Yotes people would say to hearing something like that)
The Town that reset the record 3 days in a row just lost 90% of its structures in a forest fire so I don't think they will be playing hockey!!! Nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad