OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Terrible news. Hope the residents made it out.
Just made the news so not much details yet but it looks like everyone escaped. I can't imagine how it must feel to watch your whole existence and everyone you know just go away?? And it's a small town so where do you restart?

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Does anyone work for Amazon? I would love a glimpse to the inner working of Prime deliveries. For the third time I have placed a Prime order. I am told scheduled for delivery such and such date by 9 pm. Delivery date comes but no delivery. Amazon waits until after scheduled delivery by time "sorry for they delay" and informed it will be delivered by a date 2-3 days in the future.

This means it was never going to arrive by the scheduled time. Why even set a date? I understand shit happens and there will be errors and delays but, damn, this is irritating. Especially when my order is a fan. Damn.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Does anyone work for Amazon

No, but I'm a shareholder, so I guess that means they work for me. ;)

I occasionally have packages arrive late even after they tell me at 5 PM that it will be delivered by 8 PM. It seems that modern, IT driven logistic systems would know where a package is at all times and could more accurately predict delivery times. Not just Amazon, but FedEx, UPS, and even USPS.

Bottom line, they could do better. A new CEO just took over, so maybe the situation will improve.

Last edited:

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
So I turned in my final paper Saturday night at 11:30 p.m. As Alice Cooper would say "School's out forever"!!!!

And added this little fluff ball to the house. She is a mitten paw so more claws to hurt you with,

hemi.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Reports say it is unlikely charges will be filed in the death of Kivlenieks, noting that the individual launching the firework had not been drinking; as if alcohol is required to be at fault. I'll bet the instructions say to stay at least 150 ft away from other people. Kivlenieks was reportedly only 10 feet away when struck in the chest. It's not an accident...it's negligence, there's a difference.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
When did the In-N-Out open on 20th St & Highland? I have been going to the Paradise Valley Mall location. Had no clue they opened there. Today was my first trip to that area in a long time. Glad to finally have an In-N-Out near downtown.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Damn. I have been missing out and wasting gas.

On my trip to Arizona, In N Out was the first place I stopped right after getting out of the airport. I devoured an animal style cheeseburger and most of an order of fries in about 10 minutes. Delicious.

Now that I’ve been back home for a bit, I’ve seen my doctor and have been ordered to not consume any alcohol, capsaicinoids, alliums, or dairy to treat chronic gastritis. Ouch. (Avoiding dairy isn’t normal for that but I’m severely lactose intolerant - though I normally would eat dairy anyway and just suffer through it.)

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
If you think $250k is pocket change, would you spend it to go to space? For me the answer is no...even if free. I'm not much of a thrill seeker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Doaner

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Fans of Ted Lasso may recognize this guy. He's Cam Cole, my newest favorite musician. First album released at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad