OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I have next to zero interest in betting on sports and really betting in general but I find it odd that it's illegal here.
Same here. I bet once in a blue moon but that's about it. I also think it could be a revenue windfall for the state. Many of my friends, both Canada and here are tired of Vegas because of how they try to nickel and dime you to death. I go to Vegas once a year for business and I absolutely hate it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Same here. I bet once in a blue moon but that's about it. I also think it could be a revenue windfall for the state. Many of my friends, both Canada and here are tired of Vegas because of how they try to nickel and dime you to death. I go to Vegas once a year for business and I absolutely hate it.
Vegas has been crap since the corporations took over - MUCH BETTER under mob rule!

Reactions: Jakey53 and 0point1

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Meruelo owns the Sahara. Go blow all your money there. :nod:

Not going for gambling. Sounds dumb, but not many options.

I really wanted to go to Paris. Even looked up an old buddy that lives there and Covid said no can do.

P.S.
My buddy became a professional roadie in Paris a few decades ago. He worked just on shows in Paris. His name is Chico, a Portuguese immigrant with a great afro and better dancer.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
We used to port in Marseille, France. Grab a train to Paris, then drink until it was time to go back to the ship.

I knew a band of immigrants in Paris from a personally taken trip. But every time I showed up with friends, we all partied together in Paris. When we went out, it was like 30 deep. They knew every doorman, bartender, bouncer, at every club. We didn’t order drinks, we got bottles. It was crazy.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
HB2772 passed 48-12. The future of legalized sports betting moves on the the senate. Twelve bold men and women fought to protect us from ourselves. May their sacrifice on March 4, 2021 never be forgotten.

Bill Status Inquiry

Edit: Our legislature has a terrible website. Results cannot be linked. You must search for HB2772 in the search field of the link provided above.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Please note: the Chipchura approved GDT was a winner. I have to travel back east this week and may not be able to post. Mom and Dad aren't able to safely take care of themselves so they're moving into a nursing home. Me and my sibs need to get their condo ready to be sold.

I say we go with ghetto Datsyuk until he loses.

(i feel ya man, I've been losing sleep lately for this reason as well. For me it isn't necessarily imminent, but it's coming.)

Moving my parents to the nursing home went a little easier than expected. Mom's dementia worked in our favor, not sure if she remembered the condo she left. I think it was a bit confusing for my Dad too. They're in the same room and we were able to take their bedroom dresser and chest of drawers, along with their sofa and TV. The home is highly rated, only 40 some people in the place.

Thin your crap out while you can. Your children will appreciate you all the more. There were 6 of us working on it and we probably almost filled up a dumpster; half trash, half recycling. Also, go through everything. Mom and Dad left $1300 in cash tucked away and had a few checks that weren't cashed, one being over $9,000. My brother is working on seeing if it can get re-cut.

All in all we're glad there in a place where they can be taken care of. We were having to call in the evenings to remind them to take their pills. They just got their cable hooked up in their room so Dad can watch the Capitals. But it's a different system and he needs to be reminded when they play and what channel it's on. More likely he will be more accepting of a puck drop reminder than a take your pills reminder.

For those of you having to go through this in the near future (DOM), I wish you well.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Moving my parents to the nursing home went a little easier than expected. Mom's dementia worked in our favor, not sure if she remembered the condo she left. I think it was a bit confusing for my Dad too. They're in the same room and we were able to take their bedroom dresser and chest of drawers, along with their sofa and TV. The home is highly rated, only 40 some people in the place.

Thin your crap out while you can. Your children will appreciate you all the more. There were 6 of us working on it and we probably almost filled up a dumpster; half trash, half recycling. Also, go through everything. Mom and Dad left $1300 in cash tucked away and had a few checks that weren't cashed, one being over $9,000. My brother is working on seeing if it can get re-cut.

All in all we're glad there in a place where they can be taken care of. We were having to call in the evenings to remind them to take their pills. They just got their cable hooked up in their room so Dad can watch the Capitals. But it's a different system and he needs to be reminded when they play and what channel it's on. More likely he will be more accepting of a puck drop reminder than a take your pills reminder.

For those of you having to go through this in the near future (DOM), I wish you well.

My mom passed away in Nov and we just moved my dad into an over 55 apt off Scottsdale rd just North of Greenway. I know what you mean about the stuff. My dad didn't do a good job sorting and tossing, and it was not until we unpacked that he decided he didn't need to keep most of it. "Yo dad, it's purge then move...not the opposite" :facepalm:

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Glad to hear it went.... well, as well as it did. Both my parents are suffering from dementia, with possible early onset Alzheimer's. We are not looking forward to the future in this regard.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Sports fans are better conditioned to cope with disappointment, ergo happier with life's realities. We should all send RT a thank you card. :nod:

This guy wrote an entire book on the subject of fandom.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I know we have a bunch of techies on here. Does anyone have an opinion on Google Cert Tng? If you were advising a young person, which of the career paths would you recommend?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just moved. What a shit show. The movers dropped my TV, rendering it useless. Good news - I now have justification to buy that big 75" TV I have always wanted. First night froze as we couldn't find the blankets. Second day - gas leak. Spent 2 hours down the block on the sidewalk as the FD and SW gas chased down the leak and the CO leak that the FD found as well. I'm ready to demand my old house back.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just moved. What a shit show. The movers dropped my TV, rendering it useless. Good news - I now have justification to buy that big 75" TV I have always wanted. First night froze as we couldn't find the blankets. Second day - gas leak. Spent 2 hours down the block on the sidewalk as the FD and SW gas chased down the leak and the CO leak that the FD found as well. I'm ready to demand my old house back.

Welcome back!

Moving is fun. I moved last year right in the thick of covid, that was......interesting.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Welcome back!

Moving is fun. I moved last year right in the thick of covid, that was......interesting.

Meh...

When I was moving to Phoenix I ended up with a 26’ UHaul truck that had a manual transmission (in spite of me ordering one with auto) But after loading it and one of their largest trailers it developed a problem that needed looking at. So I take the whole rig over to where I’d ordered the truck and left it overnight.

Go back the next day after they “fix” it and head back towards my house to head out. The freeway on-ramp right next to the center is light controlled and on a steep bending incline. So I slow roll to the light hoping to time it.... nope. Have to wait.

When stopping I had to have my foot on the brake the entire time otherwise I roll back into the cars stacked behind me (it’s rush hour of course). So you can imagine having to release the clutch while moving my right foot off the brake to the accelerator.... while I start rolling back.

BANG!!

Driveshaft snaps.

So now I’m back literally standing on the brake.... for the next 25-30 minutes until a tow truck can get to me. My legs still ache from even thinking about it.

The rig gets towed back to the center and leave it there one more night while they replace the shattered U-joint.

There was more adventure later after getting into Phoenix but this will always stand out.

Reactions: RemoAZ and MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I could see this happening in Phoenix.

COYOTES IN THE WILD MAULED BY A YOUNG RUSSIAN BEAR....PICTURES AT 6.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I haven’t really been paying attention to COVID stuff the last several months. And I’m not trying to start any political bickering or anything. I’m just trying to understand some things and Hopi by those who’ve paid more attention can help.

Looks like there are roughly 4.5m residents in my county. Looks like about 1m are vaccinated (at least one dose) and about 500k have had confirmed positive covid tests at some point.

Are the following things at least mostly kinda true:

1. Transmission after even a single dose of vax is extremely rare?

2. Asymptomatic transmission is very rare?

3. Transmission from a previously infected individual is extremely rare?

^ of all of that is at least kinda close to reality, this stuff should be over pretty quick, right?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I haven’t really been paying attention to COVID stuff the last several months. And I’m not trying to start any political bickering or anything. I’m just trying to understand some things and Hopi by those who’ve paid more attention can help.

Looks like there are roughly 4.5m residents in my county. Looks like about 1m are vaccinated (at least one dose) and about 500k have had confirmed positive covid tests at some point.

Are the following things at least mostly kinda true:

1. Transmission after even a single dose of vax is extremely rare?

2. Asymptomatic transmission is very rare?

3. Transmission from a previously infected individual is extremely rare?

^ of all of that is at least kinda close to reality, this stuff should be over pretty quick, right?

I think the answer to all three is yes. Also, there have been studies showing a significant portion of the population carries immunity even without the vaccine or a confirmed positive test.

Here's the head-scratcher though: Why is Europe still in deep doo-doo? Is it the lack of vaccinations, or because of a COVID variant, or something else? Brazil is also having a bad time of it.

Overall it seems like the U.S. is doing well with the vaccinations compared to other developed nations.

upload_2021-3-14_10-59-37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad