OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Europe can have my vaccine. I'm not putting that shit in my body and my company is actually paying every employee that gets it $100. You believe that? That's even more reason not to get it imo.

I don't think being leary of the COVID vaccines puts you in the same camp as your run-of-the-mill anti-vaxxer. These vaccines do NOT have full FDA approval, something you won't find the MSM talking about. The U.S. Military is offering the vaccine to all of their people, but it's on a voluntary basis...know why? Because the vaccine does not have full FDA approval. If it did, the military would make it mandatory.

Currently, 30% of Americans say they won't take it...which is fine. It won't really matter. If 70% take the jab+those already infected+pre-existing immunity and we've achieved herd immunity. You don't need a 100% vaccination rate for herd immunity.

Some countries have halted the AstraZeneca vaccine over safety concerns.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It seems ironic to me that as more people become vaccinated, a higher percentage of COVID victims, both deceased and the "COVID Long Termers" will be those who refuse, for whatever reason, to get the vaccine. Darwin Principle at work here, folks.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
It seems ironic to me that as more people become vaccinated, a higher percentage of COVID victims, both deceased and the "COVID Long Termers" will be those who refuse, for whatever reason, to get the vaccine. Darwin Principle at work here, folks.

Did you just say the dead will refuse the vaccine? :)

I think you have two dynamics at play:
1. A group of people that will change their mind and decide to get the vaccine after 100s of millions around the globe have been safely vaccinated.
2. And you'll have those that refuse the vaccine because the pandemic will have ended and they don't see the need.

Bottom line: either scenario will be fine; the pandemic is on its last legs.

Edit: There's also the never-vaxxer crowd. a different category altogether.

Last edited:

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
I have it right now and will never get the vaccine for it. It’s just a form of the flu. I had the flu shot once and never will again either. Shutting the whole world down for this isn’t justifiable.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Every so often South Park has some lines that just really...fit.

Their vaccination special has Cartman addressing some "junior QAnon" kids and it's a great line, imho - "Look, you have the right to say and believe whatever you want. But what you believe, is really stupid"

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Their vaccination special has Cartman addressing some "junior QAnon" kids and it's a great line, imho - "Look, you have the right to say and believe whatever you want. But what you believe, is really stupid"

I plan on getting the shot when available, but I don't think the concern about the COVID vaccines is unwarranted. The normal vaccine development timeline is 5-10 years. These vaccines received emergency approval in about 9 months. Also, the AstraZeneca vaccine has now been suspended by 19 nations due to blood clot concerns.

While in the military I was ordered to take a certain malaria prevention drug called Mefloquine. It had full FDA approval. In 2013 the U.S. military stopped prescribing it due to potentially severe side effects including neurological disorders. The drug still has FDA approval, but I'd be under close doctor supervision before taking it.

With the COVID vaccines, were not talking about something that's been in use for over 100 years like the smallpox vaccine.

Last edited:

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021

likewise. Haha

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I plan on getting the shot when available, but I don't think the concern about the COVID vaccines is unwarranted. The normal vaccine development timeline is 5-10 years. These vaccines received emergency approval in about 9 months. Also, the AstraZeneca vaccine has now been suspended by 19 nations due to blood clot concerns.

While in the military I was ordered to take a certain malaria prevention drug called Mefloquine. It had full FDA approval. In 2013 the U.S. military stopped prescribing it due to potentially severe side effects including neurological disorders. The drug still has FDA approval, but I'd be under close doctor supervision before taking it.

With the COVID vaccines, were not talking about something that's been in use for over 100 years like the smallpox vaccine.
The technology for the mRNA vaccines is at least a decade old, developed for the rarely used (but soon to be in widespread use if I read the tea leaves correctly) Ebola vaccine. FYI an ebola outbreak was linked to a Patient 0 who had Ebola 5 years ago, and started the new outbreak by spreading the virus through semen to his partner.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
These vaccines are not well tested, they just aren't by any standard. We don't know if there are any side effects long term, short term or not. I'll bet on my own immune system, it is designed to take on any virus. If anyone wants to bet on a vaccine, up to the individual and their own circumstances.

Darwin principle is correct, if you live an unhealthy lifestyle, it catches up with you one way or the other eventually.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
These vaccines are not well tested, they just aren't by any standard. We don't know if there are any side effects long term, short term or not. I'll bet on my own immune system, it is designed to take on any virus. If anyone wants to bet on a vaccine, up to the individual and their own circumstances.

Darwin principle is correct, if you live an unhealthy lifestyle, it catches up with you one way or the other eventually.
Exactly. I have it right now and yes it sucks, especially for my 9 month pregnant wife, but she is managing as well. Our bodies were made for such a time. But to each their own! You do you and I’ll do me!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We are addicted to fear, and social media, the CDC, Fauci etc. know how to put fear into the public. Do exactly opposite of what they say and you will be fine. If my employee's would be wrong as many times as these experts, or so called experts, I would have been fired them long ago.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
We are addicted to fear, and social media, the CDC, Fauci etc. know how to put fear into the public. Do exactly opposite of what they say and you will be fine. If my employee's would be wrong as many times as these experts, or so called experts, I would have been fired them long ago.
How falsely still has a job is beyond me. He must have dirt on all the elites.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
9f3.gif

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

And I'm sure it had its refusers then as well, but, oh, look! We don't need it anymore! Wonder why!

Smallpox vaccine

And now we are having recurrences of childhood diseases thought to have been pretty much eradicated...wonder why!

So, what I imagine we'll see in 2021 is the case numbers fall to a trickle, with the occasional outbreak and the "boy, I sure wish I'd taken this seriously" stories from the doubters that got unlucky and their friends and families, that people like Jakey will as ever downplay and cobra chastise for not taking their vitamins.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
And I'm sure it had its refusers then as well, but, oh, look! We don't need it anymore! Wonder why!

Smallpox vaccine

And now we are having recurrences of childhood diseases thought to have been pretty much eradicated...wonder why!

So, what I imagine we'll see in 2021 is the case numbers fall to a trickle, with the occasional outbreak and the "boy, I sure wish I'd taken this seriously" stories from the doubters that got unlucky and their friends and families, that people like Jakey will as ever downplay and cobra chastise for not taking their vitamins.
I'll eat healthy, exercise and take care of my body, then I will take my chances and can count on my immune system. I am not against anyone that chooses to eat unhealthy, not exercise or take vaccines, its up to you, to each his own, all I am saying. Let everyone choose for themselves what they think is best for them.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
what I imagine we'll see in 2021 is the case numbers fall to a trickle, with the occasional outbreak

I'm trying to trust THE SCIENCE, but THE SCIENCE doesn't know if we can eradicate this virus or if it will be with us forever, requiring annual vaccinations to keep the mutations in check. Funny thing about THE SCIENCE is that there is often much uncertainty, which is why THE SCIENCE continue their scientific studies. Sometimes trusting THE SCIENCE looks more like religion than science.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'm trying to trust THE SCIENCE, but THE SCIENCE doesn't know if we can eradicate this virus or if it will be with us forever, requiring annual vaccinations to keep the mutations in check. Funny thing about THE SCIENCE is that there is often much uncertainty, which is why THE SCIENCE continue their scientific studies. Sometimes trusting THE SCIENCE looks more like religion than science.

But the thing about THE SCIENCE is, it says things like "early indications are" then when they turn out to be slightly, emphasize slightly off, or further evidence is gained, people seem much more prone to say things like "SEE! THEY WERE WRONG! EXPERTS - "SO CALLED" WERE WR0NG!1!!" NEVER TRUST THEM!!!1!!! DOOOOO WHAT U WANT UR FR3333!!!!"

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Trusting people who have dedicated their lives to understanding an issue isn't religion, it's just common sense. Ignoring their advice and going with your own personal feelings aka faith is what's 'more like religion.' There's less uncertainty in dealing with our current understanding than just raw-dogging the virus or being terrified of 5G or thinking the world is flat etc...

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
But the thing about THE SCIENCE is, it says things like "early indications are" then when they turn out to be slightly, emphasize slightly off, or further evidence is gained, people seem much more prone to say things like "SEE! THEY WERE WRONG! EXPERTS - "SO CALLED" WERE WR0NG!1!!" NEVER TRUST THEM!!!1!!! DOOOOO WHAT U WANT UR FR3333!!!!"

Well, I don't react that way, but at the same time questioning science should be encouraged and not result in name calling. Challenging a thesis (to a certain degree) is how we achieve greater understanding. I'm not talking about flat earthers either, who are mostly harmless entertainment, like living, breathing, talking editions of the Babylon Bee.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
When this thing has a long track record of safety, maybe I'll think about it. Until then, I think it's stupid to put some rushed shit into my body. To each his own. My mother gets the flu shot every year since I was a kid and gets sick from it every time. No thanks. I work in retail. I'm sure I've been exposed to everything including my store being shut down for a week because someone tested positive.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Trusting people who have dedicated their lives to understanding an issue isn't religion

I agree to a point, but even infectious disease experts have been silenced on social media for challenging the government's talking points.

While no one likely died from NOT eating cholesterol, it's amazing how medical science was wrong for many decades, and finally had to admit "go ahead and eat those eggs."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gstanding-warnings-about-dietary-cholesterol/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad