OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That said I'm not sure I even want to do Covid,

Pulled this in from the other thread. :D. I'm also working on the final project for my data analytics class. I think we are at a more basic level than you. I'm going to use MLB stats to try and validate the Moneyball theory.

Reactions: _Del_

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Pulled this in from the other thread. :D. I'm also working on the final project for my data analytics class. I think we are at a more basic level than you. I'm going to use MLB stats to try and validate the Moneyball theory.
That sounds really cool! Do you have to do visualizations too? Our project is actually more about the visualization than the data, specifically our ability to code a visualization (we can't use Tableau, Power Bi or anything like that), but we don't have to do any analysis really at all.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That sounds really cool! Do you have to do visualizations too? Our project is actually more about the visualization than the data, specifically our ability to code a visualization (we can't use Tableau, Power Bi or anything like that), but we don't have to do any analysis really at all.

We did a little bit of rudimentary visualization, but most of the assignments involved using RStudio to run things like Pearson correlation coefficients, t-tests, and ANOVAs to determine p-value. For our final assignment, they just want us to demonstrate that we know how to use these tools to analyze data and defend a hypothesis. I also plan on throwing in some simple charts showing the correlation between runs scored and offensive stats like OPS.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I like Seattle's name. But I'm a fantasy geek. When the Cardinals came I wanted them to change the name to the Phoenix Knights and have a logo of a shield with a Phoenix on it. Instead we got the bird you can't even find until you hit Flagstaff. So I stayed a Steeler fan and only have to suffer one perennial losing Arizona team.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Eh, it seems awfully campy to me for a major league franchise. I still kind of like it. I mean, I'd guess that the "bush league" crowd hates it, but there's more to it than people simply not liking it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Finally figured out an appropriate title change....

96d9e5ebb19c610d1af183a9da0e0bd0.gif

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Eh, it seems awfully campy to me for a major league franchise. I still kind of like it. I mean, I'd guess that the "bush league" crowd hates it, but there's more to it than people simply not liking it.
I dubbed it bush league, but don’t really hate it (strong word there), nor do I care beyond it being a poor reflection on the game/ league itself. Maybe the next expansion franchise can be the “Spidermen” and they can battle the Kraken. Yeah, I don’t care for super hero fantasy either.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Seattle needs to RELEASE THE KRAKEN! S@#!s getting serious.

If people don't like the number police shootings now, just imagine what the numbers of shootings will look like when Maurice the barista (to say nothing of Billy Bob) is put in the position of providing his own protection because the trained police aren't allowed enforce the law.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Imagine if firefighters showed up with trucks full of gasoline instead of water. Then imagine if they threatened to stop showing up to fires if they weren't allowed to pour gasoline on them.
It would make it difficult for one not seriously think arsonists had proliferated throughout their ranks.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Imagine if firefighters showed up with trucks full of gasoline instead of water. Then imagine if they threatened to stop showing up to fires if they weren't allowed to pour gasoline on them.
It would make it difficult for one not seriously think arsonists had proliferated throughout their ranks.

More people would buy fire extinguishers. Not the tiny kitchen size, but the big ones that come in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .223 Remington. Some might want more continuous flow and go with the 30 gal mag option.

A better solution would be to root out the hardcore arsonist firefighter and provide more training to those that unintentionally fan the flames.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
MLB has had to cancel 2 games due to infected players, and their season just started 4 days ago. They are holding an emergency meeting to decide if they need to suspend the season again. A big difference between how MLB and NHL are running their seasons is that MLB is still travelling, but I would assume players are isolated from the general public. Yet somehow are still getting infected.

A second MLB cancellation today puts fragile season into doubt - report (NYSE:DIS) | Seeking Alpha

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
More people would buy fire extinguishers. Not the tiny kitchen size, but the big ones that come in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .223 Remington. Some might want more continuous flow and go with the 30 gal mag option.

A better solution would be to root out the hardcore arsonist firefighter and provide more training to those that unintentionally fan the flames.
I hope that's the case as I think more people should own at least one fire extinguisher!

Totally agree on training, not just more though, a complete change in approach that does not fan the flames unless absolutely necessary. I don't think we need to make the distinction between hardcore arsonist and normal arsonist, if they're an arsonist, they need to go period. That's not an easy task though because the hardcore arsonists run the firefighter union and will fight vigorously to not have to implement any meaningful change, especially anything that might limit their ability to play with fire.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I already own two fire extinguishers and recently have been shopping for the 30 gallon option you speak of. I'm not even a big fire extinguisher guy but thanks to the arsonists I'm becoming one. Especially before the next council comes in and attempts to take them away.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
MLB has had to cancel 2 games due to infected players, and their season just started 4 days ago. They are holding an emergency meeting to decide if they need to suspend the season again. A big difference between how MLB and NHL are running their seasons is that MLB is still travelling, but I would assume players are isolated from the general public. Yet somehow are still getting infected.

A second MLB cancellation today puts fragile season into doubt - report (NYSE:DIS) | Seeking Alpha

Meanwhile, England, Spain and Germany have already completed their soccer seasons successfully and without incident, restarted as early as two months ago. Italy (the original Western Hot Spot) has one more week remaining. Miraculous? Or merely competent?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I already own two fire extinguishers and recently have been shopping for the 30 gallon option you speak of. I'm not even a big fire extinguisher guy but thanks to the arsonists I'm becoming one. Especially before the next council comes in and attempts to take them away.

My wife has been opposed to extinguishers her entire life..fears them, but now wants one! She watches too much Fox News.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Meanwhile, England, Spain and Germany have already completed their soccer seasons successfully and without incident, restarted as early as two months ago. Italy (the original Western Hot Spot) has one more week remaining. Miraculous? Or merely competent?
I think the bubble concept works in most places. Of course MLB refused and the NBA Players may or may not respect the bubble??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad