OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I thought this board had a COVID thread. Now I have to look at some of these idiotic takes in the Lounge thread?
I shoulda known better. This was my bad. I've been ignoring this stuff for six months and didn't realize it was still such a hot-button. I thought it would be safe to ask for a general update, and temp-check my understanding of stuff from a high-level. I have learned that things are about where they were 11 months ago in terms of heated and varying opinions. I'll go back to ignoring - LOL

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I thought this board had a COVID thread. Now I have to look at some of these idiotic takes in the Lounge thread?

It did.... it was closed due it nearing the post limit and the traffic had slowed to the point where a new one wasn’t justified.

Nobody is required to read every post on the board and there are tools available for limiting what you see.

The Lounge itself is a catch all topic so expect to see a wide variety of things.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'll eat healthy, exercise and take care of my body, then I will take my chances and can count on my immune system. I am not against anyone that chooses to eat unhealthy, not exercise or take vaccines, its up to you, to each his own, all I am saying. Let everyone choose for themselves what they think is best for them.
All well and good until you get a mild disease, and as your healthy and unvaccinated body fights it off, you give the disease to someone's grandma at the local health food store and you kill her.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
All well and good until you get a mild disease, and as your healthy and unvaccinated body fights it off, you give the disease to someone's grandma at the local health food store and you kill her.

The experts say that even if vaccinated I can still contract the disease and spread it to someone else. So if grandma dies, it's either because she's unvaccinated or the vaccine didn't work on her.

After COVID-19 vaccination: Is it OK to visit with friends and loved ones?

rt

May 13, 2004
Are asymptomatic carriers actually a primary driver of COVID-19 spread, or is that a fairly small contributor?

EDIT:
Dangit, I may have hot-buttoned again. I'd say maybe bump the COVID thread but that might not be good for our health. LOL. I guess I'll just use Google for my questions instead of this board. LOL

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Life is full of "what ifs".... It's not worth arguing over.

No argument IMO...just a friendly discussion.

Are asymptomatic carriers actually a primary driver of COVID-19 spread, or is that a fairly small contributor?

My understanding is that asymptomatic carriers can transmit it, but not as easily as someone who's coughing up a lung.

rt

May 13, 2004
No argument IMO...just a friendly discussion.

My understanding is that asymptomatic carriers can transmit it, but not as easily as someone who's coughing up a lung.
That’s why Google hasn’t been helpful. I really don’t care if it’s possible. I care if it happens regularly. Meaning there is a notable segment of transmissions that occur via asymptomatic carriers.

Everything out there is politically motivated hysteria on both sides. Lol

rt

May 13, 2004
Aren't all of these staked claims and hard feelings very fleeting? I mean, this pandemic is ending and it's happening right now. A year from now, should any of us care who was pro-mask and who was anti-mask? Do we think this is something we're going to have to deal with regularly?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I wash my hands, I wear a mask, and I don't associate with others when I am sick. That gramma maybe shouldn't be in that store either or take her own precautions/mask/gloves/whatever.
The thing I like most about this board is reading other Fan's opinions. Personally I don't care what each person thinks about Covid or anything else for the most part. I do fall prey to the testosterone curse when the sheep start being dicks when someone has the nerve to have an opinion they don't agree with. Luckily the mods delete that stuff before we all wind up meeting and murdering each other.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Aren't all of these staked claims and hard feelings very fleeting? I mean, this pandemic is ending and it's happening right now. A year from now, should any of us care who was pro-mask and who was anti-mask? Do we think this is something we're going to have to deal with regularly?
Good point. The only fly in the ointment is getting enough people vaccinated to create heard immunity, so that we can protect those whom we cannot vaccinate.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A year from now, should any of us care who was pro-mask and who was anti-mask?

For some, being asked to wash their hands and put on a mask was the end of the world. For the rest of us normal people it was just Tuesday. I think you have to be pretty far gone to 'both sides' this.

rt

May 13, 2004
For some, being asked to wash their hands and put on a mask was the end of the world. For the rest of us normal people it was just Tuesday. I think you have to be pretty far gone to 'both sides' this.
I just follow the rules. If the sign says do it, I do it...

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I just follow the rules. If the sign says do it, I do it...

I usually obey the signs.

upload_2021-3-16_18-1-30.jpeg

Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know. I was taking some literary license to make the point that we have a responsibility to our society as well as to ourselves.
Tell that to the Gov't, CDC, Fauci and the rest of the science and disease know it all's that change their tune more often than you change your shorts. They don't know what the f--- responsibility means, and they could care less about society, it's all about them and their 15 minutes of fame. Hope all are getting ready for the big tax hikes that these idiots caused. We won't even talk about inflation and all the other bullshit that will follow. rt you should have keep quiet, look what you have done.:)

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
When tax hikes and inflation start to become real in the near future, covid and pandemic will become part of our daily vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad