OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This is totally random but the whole gambling license thing made me remember it for some reason.
Way back in the day some poster here kept suggesting we turn the south club section into a strip joint. Ahhh a different era of the internet :laugh:

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
My sister texted me back in April when people were working at home (or not working at all) and asked me about stock trading. She's like, "you know about trading, right? Teach me." My reply was that I consider myself an investor, not a trader. Most traders (especially amateurs) lose money. I highly discouraged her trying to beat the market through active trading. This brings me to the image below. Neither Robinhood nor hedge funds are screwing over the lemmings on WallStreetBets..they are doing it all on their own.

upload_2021-2-20_10-42-54.png

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
My sister texted me back in April when people were working at home (or not working at all) and asked me about stock trading. She's like, "you know about trading, right? Teach me." My reply was that I consider myself an investor, not a trader. Most traders (especially amateurs) lose money. I highly discouraged her trying to beat the market through active trading. This brings me to the image below. Neither Robinhood nor hedge funds are screwing over the lemmings on WallStreetBets..they are doing it all on their own.

View attachment 398298
If you bought GME at $350, you're an idiot. If you're learning about a new trend on the market on the local news, you already missed the boat. Especially that amount lol Noone should put more money into that game than they are willing to lose.

Reactions: 0point1

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Most of you probably saw this when it happened, but I think I was traveling and missed it. Very cool for OEL to flip the script and have Leighton take the faceoff. I'm getting a little misty-eyed.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The state likes their lottery monopoly.
It is more about tribal gaming to my knowledge. All of the states that previously and currently ban sports gaming, even daily fantasy gaming, are all states with deeply entrenched tribal gaming. The legislation here required agreements with tribal gaming when their input should have been zero. Neither the state nor tribes should have ever been granted a monopoly on gaming. One of the politicians currently fighting this is Jamescita Peshlakai. She is concerned that only 18 of 22 tribes support this. I say follow the money and you will probably find that the opposition funds her campaigns. There is also Pamela Powers Hannley that opposed during the house commerce committee because we need to be protected from ourselves.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^That website was a little glitchy yesterday when I tried; I'll try again today.

As fate would have it, I live along her route, and I can report she went through downtown Chandler at approx 10:25am. Least I could do was slap on a Yotes hat and hoodie and walk out to the sidewalk to cheer her on.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
^That website was a little glitchy yesterday when I tried; I'll try again today.

As fate would have it, I live along her route, and I can report she went through downtown Chandler at approx 10:25am. Least I could do was slap on a Yotes hat and hoodie and walk out to the sidewalk to cheer her on.
Try a different browser. I had to use Chrome to get it to work. Firefox cannot pull up the donation windows.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Try a different browser. I had to use Chrome to get it to work. Firefox cannot pull up the donation windows.
Yeah, I do use Chrome, and it did work this time. I think the glitch had something to do with Google Pay trying to step on how I was attempting to fill out the form. Just a hunch as a 30+ year software guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad