OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So when I had previously reiterated two politicians platforms / ideals, this is what I was being accused of?
:laugh:

Talk about labeling things you don’t understand!
Trump or Biden, I don’t care. They’re obviously the two best men in the country for the job. I couldn’t imagine anyone coming up with two better options. It’s how we know the system works. You start with a wide field of highly qualified individuals and eventually the voters pare it down to just the absolute very best. And clearly that’s Donald Trump and Joe Biden. The best among us.

The Presidency is obviously important. And you can tell it’s very important by who we’ve selected as the finalists for the position. If the office wasn’t important, would great, great, great men like Biden and Trump be up for the job?

rt

May 13, 2004
Imagine if it comes out that Chauvin had a personal vendetta against Floyd or that they were involved in a criminal conspiracy gone awry and this was a targeted assassination of an individual rather than a random act of racism. That the cop was just a very stupid criminal. Sorry, I have Epstein conspiracy galaxy brain right now.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Trump or Biden, I don’t care. They’re obviously the two best men in the country for the job. I couldn’t imagine anyone coming up with two better options. It’s how we know the system works. You start with a wide field of highly qualified individuals and eventually the voters pare it down to just the absolute very best. And clearly that’s Donald Trump and Joe Biden. The best among us.

The Presidency is obviously important. And you can tell it’s very important by who we’ve selected as the finalists for the position. If the office wasn’t important, would great, great, great men like Biden and Trump be up for the job?

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”
― George Washington

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Trump and Biden were not even part of the conversation I am referring to. I believe it was Cortez and Paul, but I really can't take the opinion of an apathetic too seriously.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”
― George Washington
Excellent quote.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Imagine if it comes out that Chauvin had a personal vendetta against Floyd or ...
Well, they did apparently work at the same place for awhile...

I'm sure that's being investigated, to be honest. When/if the suspect knows the victim, it is definitely going to get a closer look.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
Status quo formula then?
Doesn’t England have three major ones? Full left is the Labor Party, center left is the Liberal Democrat party and center right is the Conservative Party. Full right isn’t big enough to matter, right?

So that would be like it Bernie and Biden and Trump all were about evenly represented. Right?

Not sure it matters much. It just means the a guy like Romney suddenly is the same party as a guy like Obama. Where as someone like Warren probably becomes more in the Bernie party. And then the conservative side is a little more Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul and Trump and a little less McCain, and Kasich?

Basically you’ve got AOC and Bernie in one, the Bush’s and Clinton’s on the other and the very religious right and the TEA Party types in the other.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Doesn’t England have three major ones? Full left is the Labor Party, center left is the Liberal Democrat party and center right is the Conservative Party. Full right isn’t big enough to matter, right?

So that would be like it Bernie and Biden and Trump all were about evenly represented. Right?

Not sure it matters much. It just means the a guy like Romney suddenly is the same party as a guy like Obama. Where as someone like Warren probably becomes more in the Bernie party. And then the conservative side is a little more Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul and Trump and a little less McCain, and Kasich?

Basically you’ve got AOC and Bernie in one, the Bush’s and Clinton’s on the other and the very religious right and the TEA Party types in the other.

Israel has 13 different political parties represented in the Knesset. I'm not sure why the U.S. is stuck in our 2-party system.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

The Lib Dems have fallen off quite a bit in recent years. And their Green party was bigger for a while as well. And although the far right was successful in getting Brexit accomplished, their political parties (think Brexit Party, UKIP) not so much.

2019 United Kingdom general election - Wikipedia

It's more interesting than our system, to be sure. We're in this inertia where anything to the left of D throws elections to R, and anything right of R throws them to D. And anything along a Y-axis gets ignored.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
The Lib Dems have fallen off quite a bit in recent years. And their Green party was bigger for a while as well. And although the far right was successful in getting Brexit accomplished, their political parties (think Brexit Party, UKIP) not so much.

2019 United Kingdom general election - Wikipedia

It's more interesting than our system, to be sure. We're in this inertia where anything to the left of D throws elections to R, and anything right of R throws them to D. And anything along a Y-axis gets ignored.

As someone who does not affiliate with either party, the massive polling failure in 2016 was entertaining.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Just NO! Please, NO! NO! NO!

That would be ultimate hilarity even though I personally feel it would set the Yotes back quite a bit.

Would be maddening to keep hearing the whole "RT is a great coach." thing over and over and then watch the Yotes continue to flounder under his system. I still just don't understand why some in the industry say he's a "great coach" right now. What are they seeing that makes them say that? What stats do they value? Certainly it isn't wins. Is it just because he's likeable? Just would love to see the actual evidence and see if they have any to back it up.

I should clarify... great coach as in "great head coach". He may be a fantastic assistant coach... but that's a different job.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
That would be ultimate hilarity even though I personally feel it would set the Yotes back quite a bit.

Would be maddening to keep hearing the whole "RT is a great coach." thing over and over and then watch the Yotes continue to flounder under his system. I still just don't understand why some in the industry say he's a "great coach" right now. What are they seeing that makes them say that? What stats do they value? Certainly it isn't wins. Is it just because he's likeable? Just would love to see the actual evidence and see if they have any to back it up.

I should clarify... great coach as in "great head coach". He may be a fantastic assistant coach... but that's a different job.

If he were a great coach we'd have more wins and GPG would be top 10 in the league. We're bottom 5 in the league in GPG, so yeah...can't imagine who thinks he's a great coach.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If he were a great coach we'd have more wins and GPG would be top 10 in the league. We're bottom 5 in the league in GPG, so yeah...can't imagine who thinks he's a great coach.
I don't think we have the talent for that. I'm not vouching for RT but we aren't exactly stacked with scoring talent.

Reactions: Jakey53

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Hmmm. I should probably reassess my position on Phil Kessel sucking and RT's future. :rolleyes:
haha actually sports is a good venue for people to get their tribalism fix without much negative consequence (not counting the pain of being a Coyotes fans). The problem is when that same process gets applied to political parties.

Like they say, you tell a lie enough times you start to think it as true yourself.
Yes pretty much. Now imagine everyone else telling you the same lie. Posting articles that "prove" the lie. Consuming media that reinforces that lie. So and so on. You end with a group of dogmatic people.

So when I had previously reiterated two politicians platforms / ideals, this is what I was being accused of?
:laugh:

Talk about labeling things you don’t understand!
Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about but considering you took the post personally there may be something to that.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

Yes and I think the Netherlands have even more.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

How can a post be so hilarious and soul crushing at the same time. You truly have the gift of gab good sir!

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

Exactly! Similiar to four years ago when we had the troublesome decision between two great, overly qualified, and lovable candidates in Donald J Trump and Hillary Rodham Clinton. I was so confused on who to vote for that I almost skipped it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about but considering you took the post personally there may be something to that.
Nah, I just have a good memory and was not familiar with what it was I was being labeled as. Who knows though, I am quite insecure. :scared::(

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The new solution is to simply disband the police departments or defund them. We'll see how well that goes...

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I think that campaign might have gotten more support if they'd worded it in such a way as to imply 'reduce funding (so you can direct those funds towards our underserved community)' instead of a word like 'defund' implying 'get rid of the police force'... but it does make it easy for the pro-cop/anti-black people to froth at the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad