OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As in a whole bunch of teams using GRA as their "home" stadium? That would certainly bump up the attendance/revenue numbers, although I'm guessing some of the revenue would go to the teams playing each game.
I think it would increase fan interest.

Reactions: MIG

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This is an old video, but I thought it was like those rigged carnival games tricks that are virtually impossible to win. You expect the hole to be small, but because they are using dirty ice look at how the puck is jumping all over the place. It needs to be completely flat to get through that slot. Funny too that the presenter girl is more excited than he is.

Reactions: 0point1

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
This is an old video, but I thought it was like those rigged carnival games tricks that are virtually impossible to win. You expect the hole to be small, but because they are using dirty ice look at how the puck is jumping all over the place. It needs to be completely flat to get through that slot. Funny too that the presenter girl is more excited than he is.

He's probably just thinking "oh man, the amount of taxes I would have to pay on that if I took it."

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Binge watched a few shows over the last few days. Anyone seen Waco, manhunt or containment? All highly recommended.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's probably only because I'm a fan of a team that had a 0% chance at qualifying for the playoffs, but I'd rather they just erased the whole season and started fresh next year. Focus on starting on-time, and hopefully having a standard, back to business as usual 20-21 campaign.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It's probably only because I'm a fan of a team that had a 0% chance at qualifying for the playoffs, but I'd rather they just erased the whole season and started fresh next year. Focus on starting on-time, and hopefully having a standard, back to business as usual 20-21 campaign.
I share your thoughts, zero interest in summer hockey in a few Cities without fans. Just call it and come back strong in Oct. Figure out a way to not penalize player's salaries too much and give teams a way to address Cap.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

May 13, 2004
I've been a terrible lawn owner. I used to take good care of my lawn and follow the rules. But I did nothing starting last fall. I stopped watering in October and just started again like a week or two ago. I didn't weed and feed. I've been mowing but it's not nice and green and there are many weeds (more than I've ever allowed). Is it even possible to properly weed and feed a lawn when it's 100 degrees outside? Am I beyond the point of no return?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I've been a terrible lawn owner. I used to take good care of my lawn and follow the rules. But I did nothing starting last fall. I stopped watering in October and just started again like a week or two ago. I didn't weed and feed. I've been mowing but it's not nice and green and there are many weeds (more than I've ever allowed). Is it even possible to properly weed and feed a lawn when it's 100 degrees outside? Am I beyond the point of no return?

That's Stage I. Stage II is "screw it, I'm going to xeriscape"...Stage III is "screw it, I'm hiring a company to periodically trim my xeriscape". Stage IV is, "screw it, I'm moving to a townhouse with a turnkey lifestyle - HOA fees be damned!"

For me that was 2000, 2002, 2005, and 2010, respectively.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Winter seed and maintain October through May, the rest of the time just turn the water off as there's not much point. The only "grass" that seems to thrive in triple digit temps is also capable of slicing wood so I figure why bother.

rt

May 13, 2004
Winter seed and maintain October through May, the rest of the time just turn the water off as there's not much point. The only "grass" that seems to thrive in triple digit temps is also capable of slicing wood so I figure why bother.
I’ve typically done both the winter rye and the summer burmuda. Both on a seasonally appropriate weeding/feeding/watering schedule. This winter I decided to give the winter lawn a “rest”. Which is actually recommended. Having said that, I was too lazy to weed/feed/water to get a proper summer lawn going. Now I think it’s too late. I think a weed and feed will fry it. Burn to crisp.

rt

May 13, 2004
Need help from the car guys around here. I want to start doing my own detailing on my vehicle. What are the best products to use for an amateur home detailer? My considerations 1. Preservation of vehicle condition 2. Storage of the items (don’t want them to be huge and want leaving in a million degree garage to be okay 3. Ease of use (so I don’t get lazy and not do it often enough 4. Affordability

I have “auto butler” and I like the way the care looks after it goes through that service but it’s only few times a year. I want the car to look like that always. I also really want really nice small clothes and brushes to keep the little nooks and crannies clear of dust. I have a crappy brush now that leaves fibers. Pointless. Also want a cloth I can safely use on both matte and gloss surface without damaging them. Also the infotainment screen.

Googling this doesn’t help me. I just get a bunch of sponsored content. Amazon is filled with cheap Chinese garbage. I want to know what car enthusiasts who love and baby their cars use to keep them looking brand new forever.

Anyone willing to help point me to legit resources or provide recommendations?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Need help from the car guys around here. I want to start doing my own detailing on my vehicle. What are the best products to use for an amateur home detailer? My considerations 1. Preservation of vehicle condition 2. Storage of the items (don’t want them to be huge and want leaving in a million degree garage to be okay 3. Ease of use (so I don’t get lazy and not do it often enough 4. Affordability

I have “auto butler” and I like the way the care looks after it goes through that service but it’s only few times a year. I want the car to look like that always. I also really want really nice small clothes and brushes to keep the little nooks and crannies clear of dust. I have a crappy brush now that leaves fibers. Pointless. Also want a cloth I can safely use on both matte and gloss surface without damaging them. Also the infotainment screen.

Googling this doesn’t help me. I just get a bunch of sponsored content. Amazon is filled with cheap Chinese garbage. I want to know what car enthusiasts who love and baby their cars use to keep them looking brand new forever.

Anyone willing to help point me to legit resources or provide recommendations?
It was a couple decades ago but I once owned a detail shop. For cloth we always used reusable baby diapers for cleaning the inside upholstery and Terry cloth for wiping off wax on paint. For the nooks and crannies we used an air compressor with a trigger gun to just blow the cleaning product and dirt out of there. Products to use I have no idea after all these years???

Edit: I think misremembering the Terry cloth. It was a really soft cloth, now would be microfiber, can't remember what it was called then?

Last edited:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So I took today through Friday off. Work has been killing me. Any suggestions on Netflix or Amazon shows to watch through this? I'm rewatching stranger things, planning on band of brothers rewatch, but new shows would be nice.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So I took today through Friday off. Work has been killing me. Any suggestions on Netflix or Amazon shows to watch through this? I'm rewatching stranger things, planning on band of brothers rewatch, but new shows would be nice.

Good new shows are tough to find IMO. I enjoyed the Mandalorian, but currently rewatching the final season of the Sopranos.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

let's see...since this all started in mid-march I have watched: a bunch of documentaries, but also all 3 seasons of the first Narcos, season 3 of Ozark, rewatched all of Arrested Development, all 8 (!) seasons of Letterkenny (hulu free trial), was surprisingly underwhelmed by Rick and Morty which based on what else I watch seemed like a good bet, am in the middle of Upload.

Reactions: Mosby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad