OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
1) I'm happy to say I have no idea who the hell any of those people are haha
2) I will forever hate the "Occupy Wallstreet" morons for their shortsighted 1% slogan. I mean for f***s sake a couple that were both doctors would be "1%'ers" but those types are hardly the f***ing problem, it's the people who make more money than god that have disproportionate influence and those are not 1% they are .01% yet somehow own the majority of the world.
Now are you talking USA only?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
You are conflating simple news reports with their editorial
There is a difference between news and opinion pieces, but news reporting also reflects biases. News editors have discretion on what to report (or not report) and how to report it.

The NY Times took 19 days to run a story on Tara Reade's allegations that Joe Biden sexually assaulted her. Their reasoning was that they wanted to wait until there was enough information for readers to make their own judgment.

I'm OK with that logic, but do they apply it evenly?

E. Jean Carroll first accused Trump of sexual assault on June 21, 2019. The NYT ran the story on June 22nd. Did they apply the same due diligence to both accusations?

Consider this NYT news headline: Ivanka Trump, Disregarding Federal Guidelines, Travels to N.J. for Passover

and from the NY Post: Hunter Biden still listed on board of Chinese company he was to resign from

The Times did not report on the Biden story and the Post did not report on the Trump story. It doesn't take much research to realize news outlets are more likely to run stories with a particular slant and not run others.

Bottom line: “News” reporting also contains bias, but is often subtle and not immediately apparent.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobra427

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Media-Bias-Chart-Flagship-PDF-unlicensed.jpg

This site is good as well, and exhaustively comprehensive rating 2000 media sources. Media Bias/Fact Check - Search and Learn the Bias of News Media

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not secure enough in my manhood to wear that sweatshirt. :laugh:

What...no "again" bag skate review?

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Definitely getting identity thieved. Two hard inquiries on my credit report today. "OneMain Financial" in Gilbert (I live in Gilbert) and "Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago" in LaSalle (I do not live in Illinois). Both for installment loans. I did not do that.

So where do I start? Call OneMain and Amalgamated first? Apparently I can't dispute the inquiries online, I have to call (with Experian anyway). Then I guess if the companies don't give me good info, or maybe even if they do, I should report the fraud to the FTC? Do I need to file a police report? What next? Credit freeze?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Definitely getting identity thieved. Two hard inquiries on my credit report today. "OneMain Financial" in Gilbert (I live in Gilbert) and "Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago" in LaSalle (I do not live in Illinois). Both for installment loans. I did not do that.

So where do I start? Call OneMain and Amalgamated first? Apparently I can't dispute the inquiries online, I have to call (with Experian anyway). Then I guess if the companies don't give me good info, or maybe even if they do, I should report the fraud to the FTC? Do I need to file a police report? What next? Credit freeze?

Credit freeze ASAP, and I'd call my bank to tell them and ask for a recommendation. Probably cancel and reissue all credit cards as well. Did you already notify the IRS? Reporting Identity Theft | Internal Revenue Service

Police report probably not needed unless funds have actually been stolen.

I didn't read all of it but this looks good: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0009_identitytheft_a_recovery_plan.pdf

rt

May 13, 2004
Credit freeze ASAP, and I'd call my bank to tell them and ask for a recommendation. Probably cancel and reissue all credit cards as well. Did you already notify the IRS? Reporting Identity Theft | Internal Revenue Service

I didn't read all of it but this looks good: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0009_identitytheft_a_recovery_plan.pdf
Thanks! Seems like I need to get ahold of those companies before they actually open an account though right? Seems like that would be the worst thing. Then I probably need to add a fraud alert to the three bureaus so the thieves have a harder time trying to open any other accounts?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Also, I attempted to call my bank once per hour yesterday because of the issue with my TrumpBux. They don’t answer the phone anymore.

Might want to get a new bank. My bank (USAA) has a 24/7 fraud hotline. They also provide this resolution guide:

upload_2020-4-16_9-51-16.png

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Did anyone else know you can buy a house on Amazon? And FREE shipping!!! Only one in stock...better hurry.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

I had to file a police report when this happened to me. But the other "me" was living in AZ and working at Fudruckers, so I'm not sure if I needed to because everything was happening on one city.

rt

May 13, 2004
Had to sign up for Experian paid account to be able to get someone on the phone. Have to get the member services number. LOL. They added a fraud alert for all three bureaus. They froze my credit for just Experian. They said Equifax and TransUnion have to freeze those themselves.

I finally got the lenders to call me back. They verified someone other than me did attempt to take out loans with my social security number. They did flag those so they won’t be processed. They also submitted the appeal for the hard inquiry that hit my credit report for each.

So now I need to get my credit frozen with Equifax and TransUnion.

Not sure what else. I guess I should probably go change my passwords everywhere? And somehow notify my bank? Not sure.

rt

May 13, 2004
That identitytheft.gov site is very helpful but it seems like most of the actions would be if they had successfully got the loan. I guess maybe I’ve got it a little easier since I caught it early and got it shut down before any accounts actually got generated?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That identitytheft.gov site is very helpful but it seems like most of the actions would be if they had successfully got the loan. I guess maybe I’ve got it a little easier since I caught it early and got it shut down before any accounts actually got generated?
Good on you for being diligent and catching it early, I've heard dealing with identity theft after the fact is a horrible experience!

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

All banks have a fraud department. Go to your bank's web site. There has to be a number to call for that. There should at last be an option when you call the 800 number on the back of your card. They can freeze everything and issue you all new account numbers in minutes. They should also walk you through any other steps you need to take to protect yourself.

The thing that sucks about having your credit locked down is it's a pain in the ass to apply for anything like a card for a store. We have a credit card where I work and you get a discount when signing up and an interest free period. It can save you a bunch of money. People that have their credit locked down never want to go through the effort to get approved and even if they did, it takes too long to use it for the work they came in for.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

As in a whole bunch of teams using GRA as their "home" stadium? That would certainly bump up the attendance/revenue numbers, although I'm guessing some of the revenue would go to the teams playing each game.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
As in a whole bunch of teams using GRA as their "home" stadium? That would certainly bump up the attendance/revenue numbers, although I'm guessing some of the revenue would go to the teams playing each game.

Talking Stick has an ice plant as well. But might be out due to renovation. Then there’s also Prescott and Tucson.

I don’t think they’re looking to allow fans in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad