OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I used to use Audible. I liked it but one minor annoyance was when you finished a book you couldn't delete it from your library. You'd have to go to the site and use the chat messenger and have one of their representatives delete it for you. Funny this is they usually misunderstand and not only deleted it, but credited back the book cost (basically "returned" it, rather than deleted it). Heh. Worked for me! (This happened nearly every time I wanted books deleted. I always liked that otherwise it got cluttered up).

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I don't get it? If the theory is nhl players going home Leaf fans should be happy!!!! They are about to get a lot better. :)

Right. We should do a fantasy league where every team is comprised of players that grew up within 500 miles of the team's city. Special draft for Europeans. The Coyotes would suck.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Right. We should do a fantasy league where every team is comprised of players that grew up within 500 miles of the team's city. Special draft for Europeans. The Coyotes would suck.
500 miles would give players choice of teams in a few places. And Crosby doesn't get a game!!!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
My VCR is set to record. Just kidding, I can't program that thing.

*NASA tweet*
(I worked for NASA as a McDonnell Douglas contractor in the 80s-90s so i gotta represent)

I grew up in the town right next to this (Titusville, FL), there would be hundreds of thousands of people that would show up for Apollo and early Space Shuttle launches, and then leave. The only cool thing about living in an otherwise very dull, nondescript town (we weren't even that close to a beach, because the Space Center was in the way, we had to go north or south of it). It says something that this isn't a bigger deal in 2020, but it's still a big deal.

(it's behind a paywall, but I doubt anyone here has used up the monthly free articles to the Brevard County, FL daily)
5 reasons to watch SpaceX historic launch with astronauts from Kennedy Space Center

Edit: this is also pretty typical - potential of delays for weather (the daily thunderstorms in Florida start right about now and last through September, as opposed to our monsoon which takes all of June to build up the heat and make the winds shift so it arrives from Mexico).
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...top-stories_space-x-1230pm:homepage/story-ans

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I just watched the Waco miniseries. I kind of wish I hadn't. I mean I already knew it didn't end well as I was alive when it happened but I was too young and concerned about my own little world to give it the care I would now as an adult. What a sad and infuriating ride.

Reactions: _Del_

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
I just watched the Waco miniseries. I kind of wish I hadn't. I mean I already knew it didn't end well as I was alive when it happened but I was too young and concerned about my own little world to give it the care I would now as an adult. What a sad and infuriating ride.
Yeah. Really upsetting how they rushed in and did some stupid stuff to get all those women and children killed. Such a shame!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah. Really upsetting how they rushed in and did some stupid stuff to get all those women and children killed. Such a shame!
Have not watched the series, but my best man’s Dad was nearing the end of his DEA career at the time. It’s particularly upsetting that they could have apprehended Koresh in town, days earlier, as I was told by the DEA leader.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Have not watched the series, but my best man’s Dad was nearing the end of his DEA career at the time. It’s particularly upsetting that they could have apprehended Koresh in town, days earlier, as I was told by the DEA leader.

They went bonkers over a misdemeanor charge. Absolutely uncalled for! Even the sheriff wasn’t concerned about the group.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
For all you Apple fanboys here in Phoenix, be sure to keep an eye out on OfferUp for great deals tomorrow. :laugh::dunce:

Reactions: _Del_

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The stage one landing on the drone ship lost feed right at the critical moment....let the conspiracy theories fly!

Didn't notice any glitches on the Discovery Channel feed unless it happened so fast I blinked and then it was just there. :laugh: The camera shots from the booster were great.

Side note..... didn't realize Chris Jacobs was hosting DC's launch show for the first few minutes even though I thought the voice was familiar. Instantly thought we'd see Chip Foose popping out from somewhere and tell Elon they were scrubbing the launch and taking the Dragon out to be "Overhauled".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad