Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Has anyone played Cities on console?

Thoughts?
Sorry mate. Would love to hear about it as well. If you have the machine for it, though, I would go with the desktop version — I don’t know the extent to which one can mod the console version of the game.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Have you played NFL 2K5 or All Pro Football 2k8? Anything better than EA has ever made (minus NCAA Football 14 which I agree is very good).
I wanna get APF 2k8 so bad, there’s a sweet editor you can buy too that adds a franchise mode and current rosters. The gameplay looks so good the animations are so smooth and natural

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
There's always a weird delay with the AHL rosters due to contracts and such.

These days, if I buy the game at all, it's usually on a Black Friday sale. By waiting several weeks I can save $20-$30 bucks, and get the updated rosters from Day 1 of playing.
I can’t wait that long to piss off French Canadians . My friends and I make 6’9 enforcers and kick the shit out of everyone, making them rage quit lol.

Reactions: Edge

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
There's always a weird delay with the AHL rosters due to contracts and such.

These days, if I buy the game at all, it's usually on a Black Friday sale. By waiting several weeks I can save $20-$30 bucks, and get the updated rosters from Day 1 of playing.

Amazon has it for $44.99. You think it will be around $30 on BF? I heard this year's version is not much of an upgrade so I can certainly hold off a month.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Amazon has it for $44.99. You think it will be around $30 on BF? I heard this year's version is not much of an upgrade so I can certainly hold off a month.

It's hard to say, I've had years where I've found it for $30 (along with Madden), but obviously I don't want to say that and have it not happen this year.

I did the Free Play days last weekend and it was more or less the same. The draw for me is the infusion of young talent --- with few exceptions, a lot of the big prospect names will be in the organization this year.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
It's hard to say, I've had years where I've found it for $30 (along with Madden), but obviously I don't want to say that and have it not happen this year.

I did the Free Play days last weekend and it was more or less the same. The draw for me is the infusion of young talent --- with few exceptions, a lot of the big prospect names will be in the organization this year.

Thanks. I rarely have time to play these days, but I'll keep an eye out for a deal. Would be nice to have the updated roster.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Sitting down with The Outer Worlds this weekend.

Starts a little slow, but picks up steam a few hours in.

Recommend it for people who are fans of Fallout and Bio Shock.
It is quite literally Fallout NV with splashes of Bioshock.

It didn't reinvent the wheel either. It just provides a game that we've needed for a long time.

Obsidian rarely disappoints.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

It didn't reinvent the wheel either. It just provides a game that we've needed for a long time.

Just picked it up yesterday afternoon. Loving the initial scenes so far. NV + Bioshock is exactly my jam. Need way more 1-player games like this (also 1 and 2 player fantasy RPGs), and fewer straightup shooters and MMORPGs.

Reactions: Edge

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

That’s what I’m liking about it too.

I don’t need every game to be revolutionary; I need it to be fun. I want to lose myself for a few hours, buy into the universe of that game, and look back fondly.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
That’s what I’m liking about it too.

I don’t need every game to be revolutionary; I need it to be fun. I want to lose myself for a few hours, buy into the universe of that game, and look back fondly.
Good story, good atmosphere, and good gameplay over breaking new ground in technical innovation EVERY time.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

I’ve been thinking about picking it up, but there’s other stuff coming out soon I want to play more, and I’ve been kind of busy in my free time lately, so I think I’m probably going to get it at some time in 2020

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Good story, good atmosphere, and good gameplay over breaking new ground in technical innovation EVERY time.

It’s kind of like people who obsess over graphics. I appreciate good graphics, but prefer story, gameplay and immersion over graphics.

Graphics fade over time, but substance can keep you coming back to revisit a game years later.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’ve been thinking about picking it up, but there’s other stuff coming out soon I want to play more, and I’ve been kind of busy in my free time lately, so I think I’m probably going to get it at some time in 2020

I’m taking advantage of a couple of months of $1 Gamepass. So basically, I’m “renting” the game through November 20th.

I also have a ton of Microsoft Rewards points I am saving up for the holiday season. They always offer discounts on point exchange rates, and I then turn around and buy discounted games with those points. It’s like a double discount. I walk away with several free top tier games every year.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So I am about 24 hours in.

Definitely picks up once you get off the first planet, and hits its stride by Monarch.

I would like to see the crew’s story fleshed out a bit more (DLC perhaps?), and would like greater variety on weapons and clothes.

Definitely more cerebral than it’s getting credit for. This isn’t a game about applying brute force to all situations, but taking a pragmatic approach.

At times it reminds me of Fallout: New Vegas, BioShock, and Mass Effect from a gaming/style standpoint, with elements borrowed from Firefly and Cowboy Bebop.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I hate that I'm being tempted to get the new Star Wars game. Someone convince me otherwise.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I hate that I'm being tempted to get the new Star Wars game. Someone convince me otherwise.
No, I'm with you. The initial reveal looked very generic action game/linear, but it's since then looked like it'll be more metroidvania with a splash of soulsborne.

And I am hype about that.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I'm in the same boat, especially after the cancellation of other projects that held my interest - namely 1313 and the open world project (to say nothing about a proper KOTOR 3).

This game has some promise, and there are elements that remind me a little bit of KOTOR in terms of planet hoping. I sincerely hope they can pull it off, because that universe could use a fresh new entry.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm in the same boat, especially after the cancellation of other projects that held my interest - namely 1313 and the open world project (to say nothing about a proper KOTOR 3).

This game has some promise, and there are elements that remind me a little bit of KOTOR in terms of planet hoping. I sincerely hope they can pull it off, because that universe could use a fresh new entry.
The resemblance to KOTOR is exactly what's drawing me to this game. I still need to play KOTOR 2, but the first is easily one of my favorite games of all time.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Okay, reading this thread has got me wondering, should I purchase a gaming system, if so, which one, and what (3) games would you purchase first? I have been out of video games for about 8 years and have a young baby at home currently so not A LOT of time to sit around playing but wouldn't mind the occasional session when I have the time.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The resemblance to KOTOR is exactly what's drawing me to this game. I still need to play KOTOR 2, but the first is easily one of my favorite games of all time.

Same here on KOTOR 1.

The sequel is good, but falls short of the standard set by the first. However, I do like that is dabbles in more shades of gray and the influence you have over your companions. It's darker game overall and that is also magnified by the fact that series never quite got a proper finale.

Interestingly enough, before the Outer Worlds came out, I was working through a replay of KOTOR. I plan to revist that once I wrap up Outer Worlds.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Okay, reading this thread has got me wondering, should I purchase a gaming system, if so, which one, and what (3) games would you purchase first? I have been out of video games for about 8 years and have a young baby at home currently so not A LOT of time to sit around playing but wouldn't mind the occasional session when I have the time.
I have a switch, ps4, and xboxone. The ps4 and Xboxone are essentially just a preference thing, there’s better exclusives for ps4, but now Xbox has a netflix sort of thing for games. I love the switch, it and it’s games are just light and fun. The next gen consoles are coming out in about a year (probably not a new Nintendo one though) and I think instead of ending up with 3 consoles again I’m just going to consolidate everything build a gaming pc. And it’s hard to recommendation specific games without knowing your preferences, but if you’re going to get a switch, Breath of the Wild is an absolute must play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad