OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
There's usually a hangover with prospects coming from the NCAA and KHL until they play a professional game in North America. They should be in the next roster update, which I'm guessing will happen in the next couple of weeks.

Or you can just create them yourself if you want. I'm going to do that for K'Andre before starting my franchise once they add the other guys

Yea, I did that last year. I guess I'll wait and remake K'Andre. I figured it was an NCAA/KHL thing. However I assumed as soon as they signed they would make throw em in on the 1st update. I'm very intrigued to see where they put Fox, Kravtsov and Shesty's Overall #'s at. I'll have to wait a bit. Wonder if Preseason counts.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’ve been playing Friday the 13th on switch.

The game is buggy as hell but I still like it. I played probably 15 hours or so on PS4 last October. Chad is my go to counselor

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yea, I did that last year. I guess I'll wait and remake K'Andre. I figured it was an NCAA/KHL thing. However I assumed as soon as they signed they would make throw em in on the 1st update. I'm very intrigued to see where they put Fox, Kravtsov and Shesty's Overall #'s at. I'll have to wait a bit. Wonder if Preseason counts.
Not sure, but I'm expecting that I'll end up tweaking them a bit. The game does have a bad habit of weirdly over/under-rating certain prospects.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Been re-playing Chrono Trigger, (We need a reboot of this game!) and the time-based system is something I’m very used to. They do give you an option like I believe most FFs do, to choose Active or Wait which as you know means enemies will either attack you or not, while you are choosing commands, I like Active, gives you more of a challenge and need to think fast, since enemies are attacking you while you choose commands.

But with that said, I did like the system in FF 12 with the Gambits and FF 15. But I think with FF VII I’m happy they are giving that option at least.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Same — but this one takes the cake. It blows Sim City and Tropico right out of the water (and I do love Tropico).
Is this new or from a couple of years back? I was a sim city fan, and while it was implemented poorly I loved the last sim city concept with each person, house, car etc. being one unit and tracked regards to needs, usage, expectations etc. Unfortunately it was so glitchy, always online was a disaster and the individual cities were just too small that the significant investment into the game ensured the series demise.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Is this new or from a couple of years back? I was a sim city fan, and while it was implemented poorly I loved the last sim city concept with each person, house, car etc. being one unit and tracked regards to needs, usage, expectations etc. Unfortunately it was so glitchy, always online was a disaster and the individual cities were just too small that the significant investment into the game ensured the series demise.
Cities Skylines was released in 2015, but the developer (Paradox — the same people who brought you Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron and other quality strategy games) continues to release updates, and there is a vibrant mod and user community. The game is very deep: I’d say building the city is the easy part. Managing a quickly growing population is the real challenge.

To your point, like Sim City, Cities Skylines uses an “agent” system — whereby each person has a house, car, etc. For performance reasons, however, the agent system maxes out at 80K — though the presented population can be much higher (and reflected in tax income, expenses, etc). I would definitely give the game a shot. You also don’t have the frustrations of Sim City — such as my absolute favorite: running out of water.

Reactions: romba

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Cities Skylines was released in 2015, but the developer (Paradox — the same people who brought you Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron and other quality strategy games) continues to release updates, and there is a vibrant mod and user community. The game is very deep: I’d say building the city is the easy part. Managing a quickly growing population is the real challenge.

To your point, like Sim City, Cities Skylines uses an “agent” system — whereby each person has a house, car, etc. For performance reasons, however, the agent system maxes out at 80K — though the presented population can be much higher (and reflected in tax income, expenses, etc). I would definitely give the game a shot. You also don’t have the frustrations of Sim City — such as my absolute favorite: running out of water.
Paradox is not the developer of City skylines but are the publisher. The developer is a finnish company if that helps.

Reactions: CasusBelli

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Is anyone playing the angry goose game?
sxz7p1abfkq31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad