OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Just shelled out big money for a copy of NCAA Football 14. Always loved that series far more than Madden is a shame they had to stop making them. But the servers are still up for that game so its super easy to download current rosters so its like playing a new game but with older graphics. Game still plays far better than the latest Madden games, too. EA used to actually be decent at making games who knew

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
michelangelo-sculpture-MICHELANG118.jpg

I don't even want to know how much money I pumped into TMNT The Arcade Game back in 1989.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really wanted to go, but I've been up in Canada with a client for a few weeks and running to NYC was not going to be an option.

That stinks, sorry man. I went Thursday and Friday. Was pretty crazy but I really appreciated artist alley this time. Even had a commission done..

D7B86956-4191-4E15-8A17-D172E1B10E03.jpeg

Reactions: Edge

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Yup. I've played quite a bit of it, though I've also modded it heavily. It's a really great game and I've burned way too many hours trying to emulate all of the amazing things I see people doing on YouTube.
Do you try to build real world cities or just set your own goals? Most recently, I’ve been aiming for 95% average health, green energy only since inception, all high tech housing and 90% university education. The rest sort of comes with the territory.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Been re-playing Chrono Trigger, (We need a reboot of this game!) and the time-based system is something I’m very used to. They do give you an option like I believe most FFs do, to choose Active or Wait which as you know means enemies will either attack you or not, while you are choosing commands, I like Active, gives you more of a challenge and need to think fast, since enemies are attacking you while you choose commands.

But with that said, I did like the system in FF 12 with the Gambits and FF 15. But I think with FF VII I’m happy they are giving that option at least.
Don’t think they’re giving the option to choose in the remake, it’ll just be more of a hybrid battle system to get the best of both. I don’t know much about it but folks seem satisfied by what they’ve seen and heard so far

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Do you try to build real world cities or just set your own goals? Most recently, I’ve been aiming for 95% average health, green energy only since inception, all high tech housing and 90% university education. The rest sort of comes with the territory.

Lately I've been going for aesthetics for the most part. Trying to learn some new techniques with building mass transit and industry areas. I've also been mucking around with traffic optimization. There's a mod called traffic manager that allows you to set lane configurations, right of way, etc, etc. It sounds boring as hell on the surface but it's a great distraction for me, haha.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Lately I've been going for aesthetics for the most part. Trying to learn some new techniques with building mass transit and industry areas. I've also been mucking around with traffic optimization. There's a mod called traffic manager that allows you to set lane configurations, right of way, etc, etc. It sounds boring as hell on the surface but it's a great distraction for me, haha.
That’s one of the most popular mods I’ve seen on Steam. Haven’t tried it yet — but optimizing traffic is probably the hardest part of the game.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

PS5 info, looks pretty cool. The variable trigger resistance thing is interesting

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Yeah it's a really powerful mod, but it can also slow the game down considerably once the population starts going well over 100k.
I appreciate that warning. Is there a mod to increase the agent limit? Seems like there is — I remember reading that the default limit is 80k.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I appreciate that warning. Is there a mod to increase the agent limit? Seems like there is — I remember reading that the default limit is 80k.

I'm not sure but I would imagine so. There seems to be a mod for just about everything in that game. Honestly I have so many of them going right now that I can't even think about going back to the base game. Road building alone is a totally different experience with mods.

Reactions: CasusBelli

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
What do we think the launch titles for the PS5 will be? They have to have at least one of Horizon 2, Spiderman 2, God of War and GTA 6 no? Would be happy if they revieved Resistance, Motrostorm, Jak and Daxter and Rachet and Clank.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
What do we think the launch titles for the PS5 will be? They have to have at least one of Horizon 2, Spiderman 2, God of War and GTA 6 no? Would be happy if they revieved Resistance, Motrostorm, Jak and Daxter and Rachet and Clank.

I saw that the Shadow of the Colossus dev is working on a game for it.

Reactions: bleedblue94

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
They have turtles in time at the St Marks place and the First arcade game over on 24th street. Already spent tons lol.
My god I was obsessed with Turtles in time for SNES. It was like having an arcade at home. I still remember spending hours with the early Shredder boss before I realized by accident you had to throw the baddies into the screen to hit him. And Alleycat Blues music was the best. The game 'disappeared' after a birthday party and I obsessively looked for months to no avail and was miserable until Spiderman and Venom: Maximum Carnage came out, whatta game that was.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My god I was obsessed with Turtles in time for SNES. It was like having an arcade at home. I still remember spending hours with the early Shredder boss before I realized by accident you had to throw the baddies into the screen to hit him. And Alleycat Blues music was the best. The game 'disappeared' after a birthday party and I obsessively looked for months to no avail and was miserable until Spiderman and Venom: Maximum Carnage came out, whatta game that was.

You can’t appreciate the music in Barcade since people are talking in the background and they have music playing at the bar. I usually like to hit one of the barcades before I head to a Rangers game. I’m Also a big craft beer guy and they get about 20 to 25 craft beers on tap they change daily.

Reactions: romba

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Just shelled out big money for a copy of NCAA Football 14. Always loved that series far more than Madden is a shame they had to stop making them. But the servers are still up for that game so its super easy to download current rosters so its like playing a new game but with older graphics. Game still plays far better than the latest Madden games, too. EA used to actually be decent at making games who knew

Have you played NFL 2K5 or All Pro Football 2k8? Anything better than EA has ever made (minus NCAA Football 14 which I agree is very good).

Reactions: YoSoyLalo

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Have you played NFL 2K5 or All Pro Football 2k8? Anything better than EA has ever made (minus NCAA Football 14 which I agree is very good).

I played 2K5 a bunch back in the day, always said it was the best NFL game ever shame that EA is an evil empire and monopolizes the industry. All the best sports series are not made by EA. Football and NBA= 2k series(SEGA), soccer = PES(Konami), baseball = the Show (Sony). Sadly EA is our only option for NHL games.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I'm not sure but I would imagine so. There seems to be a mod for just about everything in that game. Honestly I have so many of them going right now that I can't even think about going back to the base game. Road building alone is a totally different experience with mods.
So true! Have you tried creating medieval or Renaissance cities? That takes out a lot of the building options, of course, but it makes for an interesting time.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I haven't! I didn't even realize that was an option.
It took me a while to find a few, and they’re not particularly exciting lol, but it definitely adds a new flavor to the game. Stuff like tourism, for example, becomes unrealistic — but it still makes for a fun experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad