The All-Purpose Sven Baertschi Thread/ Sven Hype Train Re-launch

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I don't think Sven was rushed really. I mean his junior numbers were very very good he didn't have much to prove there still. And he performed well in that 5 game stint in the NHL and in the AHL during the lockout. I just think when it was time for him to be an NHL player the hype was so high and the expectations were for him to be a solid top 6 player and he just was not ready for it. I guess he was rushed in the fact he should of spent that entire shortened NHL lockout season in the AHL, but I thought he was ready for the step to the NHL, just not for the expectations.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I don't think Sven was rushed really. I mean his junior numbers were very very good he didn't have much to prove there still. And he performed well in that 5 game stint in the NHL and in the AHL during the lockout. I just think when it was time for him to be an NHL player the hype was so high and the expectations were for him to be a solid top 6 player and he just was not ready for it. I guess he was rushed in the fact he should of spent that entire shortened NHL lockout season in the AHL, but I thought he was ready for the step to the NHL, just not for the expectations.

The only thing that was rushed were peoples expectations for him.

#philosopher

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The only thing that was rushed were peoples expectations for him.

#philosopher
That too. But I do think he would have been best served spending a year in the AHL and maybe even the start of this past season. At the very least he should not have come to camp knowing he had a spot, which I believe led to his poor rookie camp and subpar main camp.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That too. But I do think he would have been best served spending a year in the AHL and maybe even the start of this past season. At the very least he should not have come to camp knowing he had a spot, which I believe led to his poor rookie camp and subpar main camp.

Yep agree with you there. I think we can kinda of pin that on Feaster to some extent.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Yeah, the big problem was that he coasted through the camps and made the team anyway. Then he did the same thing the next season. This season I think he comes ready to compete, because by now he has to know that there's competition for his spot.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It is definitely Feaster's fault.

Imo, Sven is behind a year because of the hype we had with Sven. Feaster gave him a roster spot, even though Sven was mediocre at camp. And to make it even worse, (I know I say this every time), but trading out franchise player at the same time when Sven was developing probably didn't help his cause. I have no doubt he'll be an NHLer, but I would like to see him in Adirondack for one year and can be one of the many call ups this year if any injuries happen. He could use top 6 minutes in Adirondack rather than 3rd line minutes on Calgary. I really think he can get a PPG this year, he was on fire towards the end of the season.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Absolutely want him to stay in Adirondack until he can crack PPG pace. He can be a top-line player but that means not rushing him... again. People forget that he honestly has not spent that much time in the AHL, not nearly as much as many other prospects his age.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Absolutely want him to stay in Adirondack until he can crack PPG pace. He can be a top-line player but that means not rushing him... again. People forget that he honestly has not spent that much time in the AHL, not nearly as much as many other prospects his age.

PPG pace?? Do you mean you don't want him to make the Flames until he's a point per game in the AHL? For a whole year?

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
PPG pace?? Do you mean you don't want him to make the Flames until he's a point per game in the AHL? For a whole year?

Not necessarily for a whole year. But Sven is a first round pick with high offensive potential. Yes, I don't want to bring him into the NHL until he is tearing up the A offensively.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
From what I've seen on CP, they said that Sven is doing very well in the camp thus far. Good for him, I am rooting for him!

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
went to the scrimmages today, Sven looked like a completely different player out there, much bigger, different number, battled hard on the boards... he even scored a goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad