The All-Purpose Sven Baertschi Thread/ Sven Hype Train Re-launch

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Very slow disinterested pre-season and it showed in his first game that he wasn't prepared for it. Since then he's gotten better every game and really could have had 3 points in the last one. Just depends if he can keep up the effort he'll have a breakout year.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
That quick reacting, tape-to-tape saucer pass was Baert summed up. He'll be putting up points pretty quickly here.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This should be in this thread somewhere:

UzCp7o9.gif

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
He may not be scoring every game, or at the pace that Monohan is, but he has been the direct cause of several goals he didn't get points on. He is has been a force in both ends of the ice, been physical and tough on his man, and he is creating opportunities to score. It's just a matter of time before the points start to flow for him like they are for Monohan.

Hartley is beginning to trust him more as well, with difficult minutes in important situations. Look at his progression from Washington to where he is today, Hartley is using him in the late minutes, in defensive zone faceoffs, whereas he didn't even step foot on the ice in the overtime of the Washington game.

I think he is just days away from really breaking out, he looks too good right now not to be.

May 27, 2012
Earth
He may not be scoring every game, or at the pace that Monohan is, but he has been the direct cause of several goals he didn't get points on. He is has been a force in both ends of the ice, been physical and tough on his man, and he is creating opportunities to score. It's just a matter of time before the points start to flow for him like they are for Monohan.

Hartley is beginning to trust him more as well, with difficult minutes in important situations. Look at his progression from Washington to where he is today, Hartley is using him in the late minutes, in defensive zone faceoffs, whereas he didn't even step foot on the ice in the overtime of the Washington game.

I think he is just days away from really breaking out, he looks too good right now not to be.

I think the criticism early on by Burke flicked a switch in Baertschi's head to play try and be a more complete player. Burke definitely knows how to push the right buttons. He has been outstanding since.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'm a huge fan of Baertschi, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the best player out of our "rebuild"

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm a huge fan of Baertschi, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the best player out of our "rebuild"

Huge fan of Sven, personally I'd bet all my Vcash on JG that he becomes the most productive player out of the rebuild. But I think Monahan will be our leader and best all around player and Sven will become a Hossa or Eberle caliber player. My 2 cents..

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Huge fan of Sven, personally I'd bet all my Vcash on JG that he becomes the most productive player out of the rebuild. But I think Monahan will be our leader and best all around player and Sven will become a Hossa or Eberle caliber player. My 2 cents..

I am not as high on him as some (like yourself).

I think it terms of potential the prospects go
Monahan
JG
Sven
Poirier
Sieloff
Klimchuck

Totally understandable. I just like how hard Sven works if something doesn't go his way. He won me over in an article that I read about him last season. When he was sent down to the AHL, he said that he was all bitter and mad. When he had time to reflect the demotion, he wondered why he was so mad when kids in Africa don't have enough food to fill their plates. Since then I have had a "man crush" on him. :laugh:

Aside from that, he's a hard worker when something doesn't go his way, he's flashy, creates the majority of plays, and is an extremely fun player to watch. He has all the tools to be a great NHL player.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Worth noting that Bear blocked three shots last night, the most of any of our forwards. Stepping up that defensive play is what tells us he's maturing as a player.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Totally understandable. I just like how hard Sven works if something doesn't go his way. He won me over in an article that I read about him last season. When he was sent down to the AHL, he said that he was all bitter and mad. When he had time to reflect the demotion, he wondered why he was so mad when kids in Africa don't have enough food to fill their plates. Since then I have had a "man crush" on him. :laugh:

Aside from that, he's a hard worker when something doesn't go his way, he's flashy, creates the majority of plays, and is an extremely fun player to watch. He has all the tools to be a great NHL player.

Agree with all that! I think he'll be a more productive player than Monahan personally, but Sean is a more complete overall player.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Worth noting that Bear blocked three shots last night, the most of any of our forwards. Stepping up that defensive play is what tells us he's maturing as a player.

He also created more than any other forward. He had the third assist on Hudler's goal. Only Baertschi could play a game like that and not get a single point. :laugh:

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Seeing Sven blocking shots, back checking battling hard in the corners at both ends brings a tear to my eye. Especially the way RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and Schultz float around for Edmonton every game. He's responding the right way to the early criticism. The points aren't there yet, but I doubt anyone in the organization cares. He's playing the right way and that's going to carry over as he starts to enter his prime in a 3-4 years.

I'm very impressed by his compete, and he's creating scoring chances as well. That's all I ask for out of any Flame.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Despite the point totals he has easily outperformed Sean Monahan to this point in the season, and has consistently been one of our better forwards night in, night out. His work ethic is awesome

On a side note, He really needs to shoot more though! His shot is one of his greatest assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->