The All-Purpose Sven Baertschi Thread/ Sven Hype Train Re-launch

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm torn. He'd probably net a good return, but he has a pretty high ceiling still. If he can get around the mental game, he should be a solid top 6 forward.

If it came down to Granlund or Sven, I'd keep Sven. Granlund had a great start, but he's been down 2g and 2a in his last 23 games, while getting decent ice time.

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Baertschi for Pysyk makes the most sense. Won't happen though, because both terms don't want to "lose" the deal.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
@ umbertovanek, Larsson is a quality piece but in all honesty he would be a little redundant on our team. We have Colborne, Shore, Reinhart and Arnold already, and Jankowski is still developing, so I'd pass. Plus we have Monahan, Bennett and Backlund. I'd personally only take Stewart if you took back Raymond and we added a little sweetner like a 3rd. Stafford is a good winger, but again we already have so much depth, we're rebuilding and it doesn't make sense for us to trade assets for a player like him. I think Pysyk 1 for 1 is the best option for both parties. I know Zadorov is a no go, but for reasons I mentioned in my previous post I listed him.

Gotcha, we're all just here to have a little fun and indulge in some hockey talk.
That's why I don't understand the heated seriousness some threads tend to take on sometimes, but oh well. And you're spot on about how real-life trades tend to come about. That's why you end up with, say Erat for Forsberg or Seguin for Eriksson, or the Niedereiter trade, which noone on the internet would have done. There's a pretty insightful episode of the Bruins execs behind the scenes, where they show rather openly how things are decided leading up to the Seguin trade. Pretty good stuff.

Yeah probably Pysyk makes sense. Tim Murray is absolutely not gonna trade Zadarov or any 1st rounder picks.

I personally would love McCabe, not sure how high you guys are on him.

Well, if Pysyk's on the table, McCabe would be as well. They are generally seen in the same tier, with McCabe being the more exciting player (in both the negative as well as positive sense), Pysyk the more responsible one. I for one am not super excited about trading away d-prospects, even in the light of Risto, Zads and Myers (re-)emergence. I strongly believe in building a deep and dominant blueline as basis for a winning team.

That being said, a talent like Baertschi, an explosive skilled scoring winger with first line upside, we are currently lacking, closest being Ennis, so you gotta give to get. All depends on whether you believe he's gonna be a player or not. Not sure if Sven is worth it right now, but I'd probably even prefer to put one of our late 1sts on the table, rather than our dmen, to be honest.

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wouldn't mind a Baertschi trade to grab us another 1st. Obviously we'd add, but it'd be worth it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I wouldn't mind a Baertschi trade to grab us another 1st. Obviously we'd add, but it'd be worth it.

I don't know if it would really work.
I also am not ready to give up on Sven, he's been good since his demotion; so, I don't think he's worth dropping quite yet.

Bit two-fold for me (trying to figure out a trade that would merit a first with Sven included and not wanting to let him go yet).

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I don't know if it would really work.
I also am not ready to give up on Sven, he's been good since his demotion; so, I don't think he's worth dropping quite yet.

Bit two-fold for me (trying to figure out a trade that would merit a first with Sven included and not wanting to let him go yet).

But a team like Buffalo is looking for players that are around NHL ready, players like Sven.

I still wouldn't move him unless Buffalo did call about him. Then we could overvalue Sven a bit, not grabbing a 1st, but maybe a their 2nd (and a small + from us). Plus, I still am one that hasn't necessarily given up on him, I am hoping he takes Glencross/Raymond's spot next year (hopefully Raymond).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
But a team like Buffalo is looking for players that are around NHL ready, players like Sven.

I still wouldn't move him unless Buffalo did call about him. Then we could overvalue Sven a bit, not grabbing a 1st, but maybe a their 2nd (and a small + from us). Plus, I still am one that hasn't necessarily given up on him, I am hoping he takes Glencross/Raymond's spot next year (hopefully Raymond).

Trading Sven for a 2nd would be what I call 'pants on head stupid'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->