The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc - Another day, another injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The problem with Horny is 2 fold.
He has to work with G or the 3C well is top of the list cuz Sid don't want 'em.
The 2nd issue is he's gonna look bad or worse when he's surrounded by the likes of Bjugs, Blueger, ZAR, Simon.
If all or most of those areas were upgraded, he is still fine to keep around.

I'm certainly open to dealing him tho cuz he gets way too injured for my liking now combined with his age.
I figure someone like TOR would highly covet a guy like him that they can slot in with all the skill they have.
I'd try and pluck a Kapanen or Johnsson from them.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Shit I posted in the wrong thread...

So who got injured today???

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
You would think our guys would be more careful in the practice sessions considering all the injuries. But the way things are going maybe it was some freak injury once again.
I don't think it would be tough to trade Horny if his production keeps being low, Simmonds found a new team despite being absolutely terrible for the entire second half of last season. That said I hope we keep him and find a way to fix the damned PP.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
You would think our guys would be more careful in the practice sessions considering all the injuries. But the way things are going maybe it was some freak injury once again.
I don't think it would be tough to trade Horny if his production keeps being low, Simmonds found a new team despite being absolutely terrible for the entire second half of last season. That said I hope we keep him and find a way to fix the damned PP.
He's 10th on the team with 11 points playing mostly 3rd line minutes, with 2 points on the PP.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Can someone make sure T. Harding's boyfriend isn't staying near Pittsburgh?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So many lower body injuries. If it’s a coincidence, it’s one hell of a coincidence.

Who the hell is in charge of this team's off-season training regime? Maybe it wasn't the best idea to hire Sgt. Slaughter to be that guy.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Have we seen anything like this? There have been a ton of seasons where this team is top 3 in man games lost but this feels historic.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Who the hell is in charge of this team's off-season training regime? Maybe it wasn't the best idea to hire Sgt. Slaughter to be that guy.

I think it's more we are just a collection of injury prone players rather anything else. Shits been going on for YEARS! it's a constant habit. Why don't other teams like Caps/Hawks for example go through this? they are a team of healthy players unlike us so this happens every year to the same types of players.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think it's more we are just a collection of injury prone players rather anything else. ****s been going on for YEARS! it's a constant habit. Why don't other teams like Caps/Hawks for example go through this? they are a team of healthy players unlike us so this happens every year to the same types of players.
The answer to your question lies in your question, young grasshoppah.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think it's more we are just a collection of injury prone players rather anything else. ****s been going on for YEARS! it's a constant habit. Why don't other teams like Caps/Hawks for example go through this? they are a team of healthy players unlike us so this happens every year to the same types of players.
Those 2 teams also play more of a cerebral east/west game if you will, whereas our team plays a balls to the wall (for lack of a better term) north/south game. I don't get to watch the practices, so I can't say how intense they are, but if they're anything like the games, I can see how it might be easy to rack up some injuries there too.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Those 2 teams also play more of a cerebral east/west game if you will, whereas our team plays a balls to the wall (for lack of a better term) north/south game. I don't get to watch the practices, so I can't say how intense they are, but if they're anything like the games, I can see how it might be easy to rack up some injuries there too.
I honestly don't see how that translates to team-wide mass injury meltdown scenarios the penguins encounter year after year after f***ing year. It's been going on for good part of a decade now and it's also going on with dozens upon dozens of players every year. The team is constantly changing players and it doesn't matter who, they all get injured.

The only person to not get broken upon arrival are Craig Adams and Phil Kessel.
Somebody should ask those two what they did or did not do.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

I remember an article a few years back where a Pens beat guy was asked by i think it was a Hawks beat guy "is this how hard they always run practices?".
I think Sully was here at that time.

Reactions: canadianguy77

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I remember an article a few years back where a Pens beat guy was asked by i think it was a Hawks beat guy "is this how hard they always run practices?".
I think Sully was here at that time.
I was watching the penguins game the other day and I tripped and sprained my ankle. I was week to week at work... this shit is real.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Simon's been with Jake-G for 2 losses now.
Solid thing to complain about imo.
They have plenty of bodies to make a
Jake-G-Tanev/Kahun
line.
They seem to heavily prefer having Kahun on the left side. Also, he's not as good defensively as Simon, which could be why Sullivan prefers to have Simon up there with Geno.

As for Tanev, I think they'd rather have him and Blueger form the nucleus of a defensive-oriented pairing that coupled with Kahun, isn't a liability in the offensive end. I wouldn't be surprised for the Blueger line to get a lot of time against other team's top scoring lines, simply because they can be a pest. It also frees up the Malkin and McCann lines to get more offensive zone draws.

There is a method to the madness, even amidst the MASH unit currently wearing Penguins uniforms.

If the Pens were only missing a couple centers in Crosby and Bjugstad, Simon would not be with Malkin. But given the current available players, I find it hard to argue against this potential lineup. Ultimately it depends on if it produces, but there's rhyme and reason behind it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can someone make sure T. Harding's boyfriend isn't staying near Pittsburgh?

To be fair, if Tonya, now OR preferably then, wanted on the team I would have said yes well before now. She was a fiesty, gritty girl with some power in them legs. Oh, hello Tom Wilson...have you met our friend, Tonya?

Reactions: EightyOne

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Will noesen draw into the lineup tomorrow? If so, where do you expect him to play? 4th line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad