The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc - Another day, another injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
eh, I think Hornqvist's lack of transition game hurts his ability to be a true shutdown guy getting heavy d-zone starts.

Doesn't seem to stop ZAR. Just need to balance the rest of the line around that.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
doesn't this potentially put ZAR and Horny on the same line though? If not, that means ZAR is on a different line, which I don't want either :laugh:

ZAR and Horny on the same line is probably not the greatest idea ever, no.

And ZAR's been fine pretty much everywhere he's played. Or at least, the on ice results have been fine. Him getting 9 minutes or so a game on a 4th line wouldn't be a big issue.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
ZAR and Horny on the same line is probably not the greatest idea ever, no.

And ZAR's been fine pretty much everywhere he's played. Or at least, the on ice results have been fine.
we'll see I guess. We still have a lot of season left and maybe Tanev would be a complete beast in the top 6. But I get the feeling that he can provide more overall as a guy driving a depth line instead of playing 3rd wheel in the top 6. We are winning games with that line playing like a defensive 2nd/3rd line, and I think he's a huge part of that.

Reactions: Peat

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
ZAR and Hornqvist on the same line is nightmare fuel.

Didn't they saddle Malkin with that for a while at some point? Or was that just a fever dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad