The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc - Another day, another injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last few posts

So, what do you guys think of that Alexis Lafreniere kid?

He’s no John Marino.

No. They have 53 players under contract and 4 slide so they’re at 49. Addison, Poulin. Legare and Hallander slide and don’t count. Olund signed at 21 so he does count, I think there was some confusion with him before? Everyone else is on the nhl team or in the minors on a two way contract. Haase has probably looked at the 49/50 on capgeek and subtracted 4 a second time but they’ve already accounted for it.

He's got a girl's first name.

Hope it's nothing for Hornqvist...lol! this team man. Talk about injury prone.

I'm positive Ryan Wilson would cry that Jack Johnson has bad possession stats even if he scored the game winning goal of the Stanley Cup finals.

So when is the memorial for Rust then?

NHL Injury Viz: 2019/20 team injury breakdowns (through 16 November)

It isn't regularly updated so it is off by a couple weeks, but even as of Nov 16, Pens had the 4th highest cap hit lost to injury and were 1st if you don't count LTIR "retired" players. Through 20 games, the Pens had lost over $4M in cap hit. If you want a laugh, check the CHIP progression chart.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hopefully Rusty is back soon and not looking like some versions in years past of post-injury Rusty.

Keep the dude on Malkin's wing and I feel like there is less of a chance of that, though.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Letang is already out there playing injured...Schultz will too...Rust as well...I can’t wait to see who will go down in practice today...

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

So we play a more insulated style - where more forwards are blocking shots in sustained zone time (leading to a higher percentage of injuries) - or we go balls out run and gun and pray our "streaky" finishers actually finish.

Should be a fun night in the national spotlight. Certainly no chance of Letang trying to do too much :/

Reactions: Andy99

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
JJ about to ascend his value into a 1st rounder. He is a 1st pairing D locked up on the cheap for 4 more years!

Recchi has looked pretty portly lately. Glad the injuries are forcing him to exercise. Maybe he'll get a shot on the wing if ZAR is out.

If I don't make jokes and laugh...I'll just cry.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Oh no. Not ZAR.

This is insane. If ZAR is also out, this is the lineup that hasn’t missed a game due to injury.

Guentzel - - Simon
- - Noessen (0)
Kahun (26) - Blueger - Tanev
- Blandisi (10) - Lafferty (20)

Johnson (26) -
Pettersson - Marino (25)
Riikola (11) - Ruhwedel (4)

Murray (20)
Jarry (9)

5 skaters who have played every game.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
didn't someone literally post yesterday that if he was used on the 4th line it wouldn't be a proper use of what made him good at WBS?

I know HFB ain't a singular hive mind, but this seems like a DiydDiyd sorta thing

Don't see that irony as mutually exclusive content-

We look to be icing one top line and 3 NHL-level 4th lines. Probably a LOT of chip and chase hockey so I don't think it matters too much what made him successful or not. Then there's the sentiment of Sully playing called up players wherever he pleases - not based on what they necessarily need (every coach does this).

Reactions: Andy99

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The 2020 Pittsburgh Penguins

iu

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Don't see that irony as mutually exclusive content-

We look to be icing one top line and 3 NHL-level 4th lines. Probably a LOT of chip and chase hockey so I don't think it matters too much what made him successful or not. Then there's the sentiment of Sully playing called up players wherever he pleases - not based on what they necessarily need (every coach does this).

They have the ability to create better lines. Galchenyuk-McCann-Tanev would be a quality 2nd line on most teams. After that it's 4th lines so I think they are trying to spread it out a bit so that it's not 2 lines doing the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad