The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc - Another day, another injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I got fake twitter’d yesterday on a Chucky trade. Should have picked it right away because he was going to Montreal :laugh:
Can't blame ya really. I'd be jump out of my boots happy to see he got traded.

Not really to see him go - just excited to see who pit gets back.
Bench Galy for all I care I dont ever want to see him again.

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
I got fake twitter’d yesterday on a Chucky trade. Should have picked it right away because he was going to Montreal :laugh:
I was immediately skeptical when I saw that because the return was too great, but I was hopeful enough that I checked it out just in case.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Did it end bad there? Because the Habs are a great trade opponent for us. When looking at possible trades, i keep coming back to them as having the best returns and with their situation. Just about their whole lineup is filled with guys who are UFAs in 21 or RFAs in 20. And They dont have room for the handful of prospects that are just about ready. Suzuki is in there this year. But Poehling is ready yet he is blocked. Cole Caulfield is doing great at Wisconsin in his first year. Already 12g 8a in 20 games. Kotkaniemi was brought up but currently hurt. They have so many good young players now that the guys they did give longer Deals too before drafting these others..are either healthy scratched or buried. Paul Byron, Charles Hudon, Mike Reilly, Alzner(and his bad contract is buried), Wiese, and so on. Spending 5.5 mil this year to have 3 players buried lol. Thats not counting the healthy scratches. So they have to make some moves for sure this year or in offseason.

Drouin would be someone Id love to get. Another whos been traded once and supposedly was an issue in tampa but no doubt he would fit here. Perfect winger for Sid. Could allow us to Leave Guentzel with Malkin(at least for this year, since Sid wont be back til sometime in Jan).

Drouin can finish. Habs gave up a solid young dman for him so that could factor in , but since then they've added alot of quality talent thru the draft. So could be willing to move him. They def cant keep all of these players. Drouin is a good candidate for them to move since hes making 5.5 mil (highest cap hit on the team for a forward...ridiculous that Gallagher is only making 3mil til 2021).

They dont need Schultz. They could take Bjugstad, knowing him alot better facing him while on Panthers. Putting him in their top 6 where he belongs. Hes not a 3C.

But if we really want to get Drouin or another quality forward from them....just take on Alzner's contract lol. 2 more years at 4.63 mil. Sounds crazy but we do have the cap situation to make it possible. If we move Bjugstad(4.1), Schultz(5.5) we are 500k off from fitting in Drouin and Alzner. But then we put him on waivers too, let him clear and down in WBS. Hed be costing us 3.55 for next two years. Idk about others but that's def worth landing a Drouin for Sid. Then we are clearing the 4.9 mil from AG. So its def possible. We should also be able to trade JJ with how well he has played. 3.3 mil isnt an issue with how hes played so far.

Alot get so obssessed with cap space(i can understand wanting 8-9 mil to land that top tier player, but a few mil? JR does bad with that anyway. Hunwick, JJ, etc).

Its a must we get Drouin anyways, hes also 3rd overall. That would make us about 2 players away from having every 3rd overall pick since since 2010.

Drouin and Alzner to Pens

Bjugstad to Habs

Both Drouin and Bjugstad are on IR right now for the same amount of time.

Not your conventional trade proposal but why not get creative this year with this rare situation we are in with the cap? I see some wanting Hall, that wont happen. And I doubt any other top players would come here either after seeing how Brassard, Bjugstad, AG have panned out by being moved out of their typical spots(top 6). So unless its a two way, Simon type player....Sully wont like him anyway.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

That 4th line could do something if given more than 8 mins. And we are playing the Habs. AGs former team...why not give him 15+ mins? Lets see if he steps up. Then have two easier matchups in Jackets (didnt have Rust and Schultz back when we lost to them) and Kings after that. This is a good week to try to get AG going.

Even if we plan on trading. Would you rather get a good return(top 6 winger for Sid or Geno) or end up with a bottom 6 player ?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
"No, we need a LH and RH each pairing. That's why weren't not playing Riikola."

Not said, but certainly what we here interpreted.

And now we have RH-RH; LH-RH; LH-LH. :laugh:

We know why Sully doesnt play Riikola . Hes a Sprong/Kessel on D. Takes chances to try to score. Sully hates it.
Its not "just play your game"....its " play my game".

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That 4th line could do something if given more than 8 mins. And we are playing the Habs. AGs former team...why not give him 15+ mins? Lets see if he steps up. Then have two easier matchups in Jackets (didnt have Rust and Schultz back when we lost to them) and Kings after that. This is a good week to try to get AG going.

Even if we plan on trading. Would you rather get a good return(top 6 winger for Sid or Geno) or end up with a bottom 6 player ?

His trade value won’t really change at this point

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
They’re not and he won’t. Even if they were and he did wouldn’t we just hang on to him.

Yes and yes.

But there are some GMs out there that continue to get fooled into taking a hot player who ends up falling off. You know who they are. Same ones that keep losing trades. Any good GM that wants AG , definitely isn't judging his 20 games here, I agree.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It could. If GMs are like fans and all about what you've done lately(as in ..yesterday). If AG gets 5g 5a the next 5 games for example...you dont see things changing?
If anything, teams will take the Brassard approach on Gal.
Somewhere in there is a decent player, just not a fit for the penguins.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Can't blame ya really. I'd be jump out of my boots happy to see he got traded.

Not really to see him go - just excited to see who pit gets back.
Bench Galy for all I care I dont ever want to see him again.

Why wouldn't you let the guy play out of it? No take him out behind the barn and shoot him in the head. Geez.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We know why Sully doesnt play Riikola . Hes a Sprong/Kessel on D. Takes chances to try to score. Sully hates it.
Its not "just play your game"....its " play my game".

Maybe it’s the fact Ruhwedel has 3 points in seven compared to “takes chances and tries to scores” Riikola’s 1 point in 12.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Sullivan doesn't play Riikola at this point because he sucks and hasn't shown anything to suggest that he will stop sucking. He is the Sprong of the defense, in that he's bad and fans love him despite him being bad.
Saying he sucks is taking it a little far. He hasn't been bad, he's been meh. People want to see him play because he has shown flashes of a creativity that would be great to have on the bottom pairing. I might get roasted for this, but in my opinion he's the best thinking defenseman this team has at the point on the power play. Problem is, he just hasn't been productive enough offensively and there are other defensemen trying to get in the lineup who are more reliable defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad