The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc - Another day, another injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Great news on Rust ='s no more Jake-G-Simon.
Thank the LORD Letang was a maintenence day.
And Schultz takes Ruh out.
Things are lookin' up.

I hope JS checks in and JJ is still sick. Wanna see what it looks like.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
While I think Simon deserves a demotion from 1st line mins, I don't think banishing him to the L4 is the correct approach either.
Would you rather him with Tanev and Blueger?

I will say a Chucky-Laff-ZAR line would be hilarious to watch. I'd be interesting to see how they'd jam ZAR's extra minutes in there.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Would you rather him with Tanev and Blueger?

I will say a Chucky-Laff-ZAR line would be hilarious to watch. I'd be interesting to see how they'd jam ZAR's extra minutes in there.

Gonna play that line against Kessel

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Who is starting in net tonight?

It should be a given. It was awesome to see Jarry hold the fort and keep the 1-0 lead in the first half of P2 Wed night. Pens have needed that for the last several games and finally got it.

Reactions: Andy99

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Rust to be back soon? An early Christmas miracle if I ever saw one.

78621972_787744604985332_1874194535358136320_n.png

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
We really need to do something with Horny this dude is broken. Can’t be shelling out this kind of money to a player who is hurt 80% of the time. Loved his contributions but dump that salary.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We really need to do something with Horny this dude is broken. Can’t be shelling out this kind of money to a player who is hurt 80% of the time. Loved his contributions but dump that salary.

As long as hes healthy for the playoffs hes worth that contract. Hes always performed well during them. Not just by agitating goalies by being a Holmstrom and alllowing others to score but he can also score as well. Way more than Holms did. No reason to get rid of him right now. If/when Hallander/Bjorkvist/ etc can come up and play his type of game then fine. But hes the exact type of player we need for playoffs, not his fault the last few years Sid shunned him. And he was on a 3rd line with Simon and Bjugstad.

Reactions: Beauner

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Im also calling BS on a few of these injuries. Obviously not Sid, Bjugstad, and the obvious ones. But as soon as someone came back another would get hurt immediately with a "lower body injury"? Yet we didnt see it? And in two or 3 or them happening in practice? Rust was Fine then hes in a boot and limping. Only misses a handful of games tho. I think both Rust and PH going out for 2nd time was planned. Two vets, taking one for the team. Them wanting guys like McCann, Kahun, Tanev, etc to continue to get more responsibility. Not just by having to move up to top 6 but knowing these games are gonna rely alot more on them now. With us having a depleted bottom 6. Also allowing Malkin and his linemates to take over.

Great strategy. Got the team back to 2015-16 style of play. Whether it's true or not Ill choose to believe this was the case.

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Im also calling BS on a few of these injuries. Obviously not Sid, Bjugstad, and the obvious ones. But as soon as someone came back another would get hurt immediately with a "lower body injury"? Yet we didnt see it? And in two or 3 or them happening in practice? Rust was Fine then hes in a boot and limping. Only misses a handful of games tho. I think both Rust and PH going out for 2nd time was planned. Two vets, taking one for the team. Them wanting guys like McCann, Kahun, Tanev, etc to continue to get more responsibility. Not just by having to move up to top 6 but knowing these games are gonna rely alot more on them now. With us having a depleted bottom 6. Also allowing Malkin and his linemates to take over.

Great strategy. Got the team back to 2015-16 style of play. Whether it's true or not Ill choose to believe this was the case.

bits-signs-hpMedium.jpg

....good one, breh

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018

Might be the funniest thing I have read on these boards. Thank You.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad