The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I really don't understand our blueline management this season, even before the injuries.

Sullivan has his favorites and it's always the more frustrating to see, sometimes he picks guys that are ok, the line they are on, is fine like ZAR with Blueger and Tanev, but then you see Simon with Sid & Zucker and it's not working right now (usual sid and him are fine) and he has no idea what to do, makes the most f***ed up line-up changes and has some f***ed up fascination with Trotman and Ruhwedel.

I feel bad for Riikola, I can't wait to see JR move him so he can be free of that shitty usage.

Maybe liberate Adam Johnson as well, god forbid he gets a chance ever again. Gotta get that AGOf***INGZZINO

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Remember that one week we were at the top of the division?

tenor.gif

Now this team is on a 3 game losing streak that has allowed 14 goals in 3 games and scored 5.

I guess Sullivan can hold his teddy tight tonight knowing his boy Trots played 2 games and the team subsequently gave up 10 goals and scored 5.

He’ll be back don’t worry ;)

EKbRIUmXkAAbfzZ

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
Geno-Hornqvist score at a fantastic rate this season 5.35 goals per 60. That’s pretty amazing. A shorter sample size than the more established lines in the league but enough of a sample size to show that they convert really well and are defensively good.

They also have 14.5 on ice SH% this season. And 7 of those 9 goals happened in last 11 games (when Hornqvist had 10 pts). When Hornqvist cools off he would stop being a good option on that line (as it has happened in the past).

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
What's the rule on trading injured players?

Just asking for my friend Nick.

I thought you couldn’t without their permission but seems like as long as the other team is ok’s with it and there’s full disclosure (I assume a med check up) that it’s ok.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
They also have 14.5 on ice SH% this season. And 7 of those 9 goals happened in last 11 games (when Hornqvist had 10 pts). When Hornqvist cools off he would stop being a good option on that line (as it has happened in the past).

Sure I wouldn’t expect it to stay that high but the last 3 seasons it’s been 3.44 goals per 60 which is still really good and better than without Hornqvist.

Also GF%, SF%, xGF%, HDCF%, HDGF% all increase too. They still work well together.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I thought you couldn’t without their permission but seems like as long as the other team is ok’s with it and there’s full disclosure (I assume a med check up) that it’s ok.
I ask because Hossa, Horton, and Clarkson all got moved while being on the LTIR. So it has to be ok to do it. I really hope he's gone at the TDL. He was such a waste of a pick up.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

This. Hornqvist is not and has never been a good option for Malkin’s line.

When the playoffs come around and games tighten up, Hornqvist will as usual be useless on any line with Malkin on it. Let’s hope Rust/Geno have a different scoring line winger with them before the playoffs roll around...preferably someone JR picks up today.

Reactions: vodeni and KIRK

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
So.......Patty Marleau

I don't know if I've accidentally missed the new Cap/Rumors thread, but if this guy has anything left in the tank I like this move alot.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Too bad the D is still atrocious unless Dumo and Marino are around the corner??

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Listening to GMJRs conference today, he said that he wants team to use all 4 lines, and how 4th line hasnt played many minutes at all. He wants minutes played for other 3 lines to go down, and 4th line to be used more. Lets see if Sullivan does it, or if he still finds excuses and reasons to play 4th line 5 min a game, and overwork other 3 lines.

Reactions: Trade

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Listening to GMJRs conference today, he said that he wants team to use all 4 lines, and how 4th line hasnt played many minutes at all. He wants minutes played for other 3 lines to go down, and 4th line to be used more. Lets see if Sullivan does it, or if he still finds excuses and reasons to play 4th line 5 min a game, and overwork other 3 lines.
The fourth line is playing 5 minutes because it's two borderline NHLers and a guy who's peaked in the AHL.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Honestly, this forward group is very similar to the b2b cup winners. Obviously misses Jake, but still a lot of speed and puck-winning ability. I would be shocked if we didn’t absolutely dummy some teams by overwhelming them with the forecheck, which is something we’ve been missing for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad