Wennberg points estimate for 2019-20

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It's not about whether or not you made the call. It's how you respond to it later and how you carry yourself.

I'm not attempting to call you out at all, actually, altho I can see how it'd look that way. My point was that we've all had those moments where we make silly assertions. …... This is why my position on this stuff is basically one of "**** this rat race". None of us have all the information, none of us will, and so attempting to claim absolutism on these guesses and estimations is absurd.

OK, well you are completely ignoring everything that's said during the "evaluation process" of reality. You don't remember the bullying because it didn't affect you. Not to mention the bullying was based on BS that has BEEN PROVEN WRONG.

Here is but 1 tiny example.

RDriesenUD said:
Wennberg+ for Buff? That is HORRIBLE.
Double-Shift Lassé said:
Also wants to do Wennberg ++++ for Greene.

Mayor Bee said:
And here I thought it was too early in the morning to be drinking that heavily.

Ok knights of the round table... a few questions...

OK, I'll apologize for the knights of the round table comment.

Forgive me, If you dont like my tone and how a carry myself currently also.

You guys quite literally asked for this. You said the things weren't said. Now everybody says wrong things.

Ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
OK, well you are completely ignoring everything that's said during the "evaluation process" of reality. You don't remember the bullying and banning because it didn't affect you. Not to mention the bullying and banning was based on BS that has BEEN PROVEN WRONG.

Here is but 1 tiny example.

RDriesenUD said:
Wennberg+ for Buff? That is HORRIBLE.
Double-Shift Lassé said:
Also wants to do Wennberg ++++ for Greene.

Mayor Bee said:
And here I thought it was too early in the morning to be drinking that heavily.

Ok knights of the round table... a few questions...

OK, I'll apologize for the knights of the round table comment.

Forgive me, If you dont like my tone and how a carry myself currently also.

You guys quite literally asked for this. You said the things weren't said. Now everybody says wrong things.

Ok.

I mean to be fair, you've basically admitted there's no point to all this. I'm just bummed I haven't been quoted yet. :(

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Mason was the worst goalie in hockey his last 3 years here. It was time for him to go. You couldn't even admit to that:laugh:
This is a message board, not a scoreboard.

* * *​
OK, well you are completely ignoring everything that's said during the "evaluation process" of reality. You don't remember the bullying because it didn't affect you. Not to mention the bullying was based on BS that has BEEN PROVEN WRONG.
:dunno: That happens and it's unfortunate. I've been on the receiving end several times myself. Probably most of us have.

My contention as to what was said or not said was in response to an assertion that the consensus, majority opinion was that Wennberg was definitely a #1C. It was not. (It was my opinion at the time, but I'm not always representative of consensus.) The topic then shifted to what my opinion was at the time, presumably on a theory that I was objecting to that consensus opinion in an attempt to hide behind the masses - I wasn't, but I suppose I didn't make that clear, so, yeah, okay, sure, we can have that talk too. The whole "everybody says wrong things" bit was, frankly, something I assumed y'all already knew and understood as part of this; when it became evident that this was turning into a general "yeah, but you said X" free-for-all, I brought that out as a reminder.

But yeah. We asked for citation. Citation was presented. And while it is clear that there are plenty of folks who did indeed say that he was a #1C - myself included - it was not the consensus opinion. And that was what I was objecting to. The idea that it was a consensus, or a majority. I mean, I'm flattered if my having an opinion makes it the "majority opinion", but I don't think I deserve that much credit. ;)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jarmo has now busted out on his first 4 first round picks. Rychel, Dano, Wennberg and Milano.
Dude just stop. He's not a bust. If he never picks up his game and just plataues exactly where he's at he'll likely have a long career in someone's(very well could be our) bottom 6 at the VERY least a depth player.

He wouldn't be getting 15-17 minutes a night in every situation on the division leading team if he was a valueless bust.

He'd be riding the pine if he was a liability. Jarmo wouldn't keep him on the roster if he couldn't hold his own in the NHL...

Of course Jarmo is going to give him every opportunity to succeed, he's a former top 15 pick who showed 3 solid years of progression capped off with a 59pt season. Every GM in the league probably thinks he has SOME potential left in him. He's only 24 years old ffs. Neither Jarmo or Torts are afraid of scratching or benching players to send a message and if he was as useless as some make him out to be we would have seen it by now.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Dude just stop. He's not a bust. If he never picks up his game and just plataues exactly where he's at he'll likely have a long career in someone's(very well could be our) bottom 6 at the VERY least a depth player.

Buddy, you stop.

While other people have been "fighting" and "attacking" each other in here, YOU are actually the 1 that's said some of, if not THE MOST crazy things about Wennberg.

I quite literally left a lot that you have said out, because its SO RIDICULOUS.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Buddy, you stop.

While other people have been "fighting" and "attacking" each other in here, YOU are actually the 1 that's said some of, if not THE MOST crazy things about Wennberg.

Because all signs pointed to him breaking out and then he did with a hot PP. Almost all signs pointed to a player on a upward trajectory with a play style that seemed legitimate.

But to say he's a useless player and not good enough to play in the NHL is asinine. He's good enough to not only be a plus player, but to be on pace for another 35-40 pt season. Like that in itself isn't a hard thing to do. Is he the best player in the league? No, but he still has value and holds his own the ice in the best league in the world.

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Buddy, you stop.

You're gonna be doing this nonstop if "hindsighting" is your new thing.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We'll leave it.

The more pressing issues are the Bob drama and the future Dubinsky buyout.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I find your mention of a Dubi buyout interesting, you're normally a fan. What changed your mind?

Nothing. Its sarcasm.

However, 1 thing is true.

BOTH, Wennberg and Dubinsky are "dragging" the CBJ to the same place, the playoffs.

AGAIN

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We'll leave it.

I asked for citation. You provided some. I asked what it supposedly means. You said - 'that people said it.' I showed you where you said it, too. You stumbled around making excuses. Along the way, I asked a question why no one was warning us about him sucking when he was playing well. It went ignored. I also asked about posters claiming victory at different points in time. Also ignored. I pointed out my own posting history on Wennberg. It was ignored by some, belitted by another.

So we took a whole day to prove nothing and evade questions. Seems like a good time to "leave it."

It is what it is.

Last edited:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Remember, "playing well" is him racking up powerplay and secondary assists. Some people bought into the hype, some didn't. I personally, have said mainly negative things about him, FOREVER.

To say anything negative about Wennberg during his great season, or many other times in the past, would get you chastised and ostracized.

However, If you really want some negative Wennberg comments, I am sure I could find some. I guess I'll ask in advance, what time frame would be acceptable?

I am just glad we could bring in somebody like Panarin, that he could play with.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Im not quite sure whats happening here. Are we really crucifying people for thinking Wennberg could be a number one center after his 59 points in 2016-17 as a 22 year old?

Nope...

THIS became the "issue"/distraction.

Semantics.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
However, If you really want some negative Wennberg comments, I am sure I could find some. I guess I'll ask in advance, what time frame would be acceptable?

I don't know. You set the parameters for the previous "quoted old posts." And never acknowledged my negative post about him from 2013. So I guess, as is typical with your posting, you can make it up as you go.

Nope...

THIS became the "issue"/distraction.

Semantics.

I asked what it was that we were trying to identify, made a post about it, but it was never answered. And since we're done talking about it now, I guess we'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad