Not open for further replies.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
07b4d22736795a14cfb7116651257ed894c9c92f5a6b2f0e219025118dd48517.jpg

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
The only thing I would to object to when I see it on this forum. Is when someone posts a player is untouchable or shouldn't be moved. The only player that I will agree to this is Rielly. As for any of the players on this roster, anyone who says they are untouchable or shouldn't be moved should be asked why? It is a complacent failed core and support players.

Yup, Rielly amd thus years #1 should be the only untouchables till next years training camp, unless dealing the pick means moving up.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Does anyone know how exactly does NHL get the % from the lottery balls?

As in how many balls would be there and what combination they'd use?

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Does anyone know how exactly does NHL get the % from the lottery balls?

As in how many balls would be there and what combination they'd use?

Fourteen balls, numbered 1 to 14, are placed in a lottery machine. The machine expels four balls, forming a series of numbers. The four-digit series resulting from the expulsion of the balls is matched against a probability chart that divides the possible combinations among the 14 participating clubs.

Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=658503

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I hate that term, "untouchable".

There is no such thing, only price tags.
I think it's fine. If you are a good team you should have guys you'd never think of moving. During those conference final runs I never would have said "I'd be fine trading Sundin for [something]." We're a bad team so nothing should be untouchable. But if you are a good team then you can get attached to the guys and not want them gone.

And of course there are guys that are untouchable. The Pens would literally trade Crosby for nothing. The value to that franchise is beyond just an amazing player. It's an existence that literally saved the franchise from having to be moved.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
man you can't win as a leaf fan...yes you want a tank...but knowing our record we won't tank properly...and land again in the 15th spot or 10. not going to be the top 3 even though this draft is damn deep and i've been following it...well i always follow them haha. top 3 another echleon and then super stars i guess till #8ish...we are currently at what? 10?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
man you can't win as a leaf fan...yes you want a tank...but knowing our record we won't tank properly...and land again in the 15th spot or 10. not going to be the top 3 even though this draft is damn deep and i've been following it...well i always follow them haha. top 3 another echleon and then super stars i guess till #8ish...we are currently at what? 10?

Half of it is tank. The other half is moving on from this core.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Currently 24th just one point ahead of NJ and 3 ahead of Columbus who has 3 games in hand. Another week or two of this losing and we're looking at the 5th pick.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
So 14C4 combinations? I only read the quote.

By that, 14C4 = 1001 possible combinations. If he Leafs end up with 8.5%, they get roughly 85 combinations.

That is what I got too. Only thing is that article is from 2013 when NHL used different odds, compared to 2015 where lottery percentage has changed.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
So 14C4 combinations? I only read the quote.

By that, 14C4 = 1001 possible combinations. If he Leafs end up with 8.5%, they get roughly 85 combinations.

I think it's 14P4, so 24024 combinations.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Currently 24th just one point ahead of NJ and 3 ahead of Columbus who has 3 games in hand. Another week or two of this losing and we're looking at the 5th pick.

The 5th pick gets us one of Strome/Marner. Start putting the Kessel/Phaneuf deals together now and move out the UFAs.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Currently have a 1% chance of 3rd last, 6% for 4th last and 13% for 5th last.

Looking pretty good for sliding down, 20% chance of being a bottom five team.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
I think it's fine. If you are a good team you should have guys you'd never think of moving. During those conference final runs I never would have said "I'd be fine trading Sundin for [something]." We're a bad team so nothing should be untouchable. But if you are a good team then you can get attached to the guys and not want them gone.

And of course there are guys that are untouchable. The Pens would literally trade Crosby for nothing. The value to that franchise is beyond just an amazing player. It's an existence that literally saved the franchise from having to be moved.
Yes I would consider trading anyone and yes I would trade Crosby. Let's say kings offered

Quick, Kopitar, Doughty, Toffoli

For

Crosby, Fleury, Kunitz

You wouldn't do it?

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
Has there ever been a case of the players tanking against the wishes of the management, to try and facilitate trades away from a team that they have lost faith in. It just seems that if the owners of a The Leafs are as described by a lot of people on here they would not sanction the team tanking, the management seem to be hanging onto their jobs by a thread so would not sanction tanking, could it be player lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany