The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Joined this forum because Tavares is now a Maple Leaf... first post.
we’re about to see history unfolding in less than a month.

This is just the beginning of what will be known as The Tavares Years.

Plenty of time for JT to get his Jersey raised to join the Banners, the Leafs are going to hoist to the rafters over the next 7 years.

It really is happening folks.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Joined this forum because Tavares is now a Maple Leaf... first post.
we’re about to see history unfolding in less than a month.

This is just the beginning of what will be known as The Tavares Years.

Plenty of time for JT to get his Jersey raised to join the Banners, the Leafs are going to hoist to the rafters over the next 7 years.

It really is happening folks.

I share the optimism, they'll be more likely known as the Matthews years. He's basically already better than Tavares.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
I share the optimism, they'll be more likely known as the Matthews years. He's basically already better than Tavares.

We’ll know by Christmas... I see Tavares playing the best hockey of his life in 2018-19... for Matthews, we’re still 3 years away from seeing his best.

Tavares just joined the best team he’s ever played on.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I decided to go back and read all the pre and free agent frenzy posts on the Tavares front. man what a gong show. it was just 1000 pages of pissing contests and then everything turned in to a your doomed with your cap gonna have to trade 1 if not 2 of the big 3. but it gave me a chuckle non the less

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Looking at his career stats he is god-awful due for a 40+ goal year. Tavares will be relying less on his playmaking and more on his goal-scoring on his new line/role.

Reactions: kb

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
2hh6lm.jpg

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

You’ve played for Mike Babcock before. What about him do you admire?

He’s very driven. I like to say he’s always on. He’s always ready for that next challenge, always preparing. He really challenges players to get better at their overall game. For me, I enjoy that part of being a player: How can I get better? Where are the areas I can get better in? When you have somebody with his experience and his success and how many great players he’s had, that will be a great benefit.

Is there anything about Mike Babcock you’d change if you could?

Probably not. Everyone is who they are. They are all here for a reason, and had they success they had for a reason. For me, it’s just being open and being honest and challenging each other to be good every day. We’re all trying to accomplish the same thing. When every one is on the same page, it’s easy to go through the ups and downs. I don’t see any reason to change anything (about Babcock), but I’ve only known him for short-term tournaments. It will be fun to work with him and get to know him more over the grind of the regular season, and hopefully some long playoff runs.”

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Here we have it again folks. John Tavares' stock started sinking the moment he became a Leaf!

June 26th, 2018

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hedman-vs-tavares.2508965/

September 8th, 2018

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/tavares-vs-hedman-redraft.2537823/

Wow, look at that! Hedman must have done something extraordinary to go from losing to Tavares by 11 votes to now beating him 73 votes. No anti-Leafs bias on HFboards though!

Props to our good friend @super6646 for pointing this out.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
From that article, Tavares' comments about what it's like being a captain:

Connecting. Whether it’s with the media or the fans, you’re the first person everyone looks to for what’s going on with the team on a day-to-day basis. It’s just being able to communicate that, and handle those responsibilities that other players maybe don’t have to deal with. Then, with the group, you’re not trying to change who you are and how you do things, but you’re always trying to keep a pulse on things. You’re an important communicator between the group and management and the coaching staff. Trying to keep a pulse on the locker room and how everyone is doing, and how everyone is feeling, have a good understanding of everybody. You have to know when it’s time to be there and support your teammates in any way that comes.

I found that interesting!

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
the salt of the islanders fans mixed in with the canucks is a unsafe amount of sodium intake lol, why do the canucks dis like the leafs so much lol its comical.

Reactions: SnizzMitch

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
the salt of the islanders fans mixed in with the canucks is a unsafe amount of sodium intake lol, why do the canucks dis like the leafs so much lol its comical.
yea i find it strange they hate us so much considering how much love our board showed the nucks over the years

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The hype is only building up with the season closing in. Camp and the pre-season will be fun, but seeing him out there opening night will be something cool.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
one of my favourite moments was when Tavares was giving an interview and dubas sneaks in the background and he just freezes up and is like SHIT SHIT we gotta back up go away. If anyone can find that clip or video or interview...i'd love it but man I loved that day but i dunno something about that interaction made me so happy that Dubas did so great.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Here we have it again folks. John Tavares' stock started sinking the moment he became a Leaf!

June 26th, 2018

September 8th, 2018

Wow, look at that! Hedman must have done something extraordinary to go from losing to Tavares by 11 votes to now beating him 73 votes. No anti-Leafs bias on HFboards though!

lol yup apples called it on Jun 26th:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/147372815/

Reactions: Garthinater

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

June 26th, 2018

September 8th, 2018

Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad