The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I wonder if isle fans are really that hurt or are being swayed by TWS and his bullshit. The guy doesnt even get his facts correct. Said that tavares lead the isles to 1 playoff appearances in 8 years. In reality he lead them to 3 playoff appearances and a playoff series win playing with sub par talent. That guy will get exposed soon enough and isle fans will be tired of his constant garbage. Jet fans found out he didnt care for the jets but only for any angle he could mold to show the jets being better than the leafs. That guy is going to be devastated when the leafs win a series and go deep in the playoffs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I wonder if isle fans are really that hurt or are being swayed by TWS and his bull****. The guy doesnt even get his facts correct. Said that tavares lead the isles to 1 playoff appearances in 8 years. In reality he lead them to 3 playoff appearances and a playoff series win playing with sub par talent. That guy will get exposed soon enough and isle fans will be tired of his constant garbage. Jet fans found out he didnt care for the jets but only for any angle he could mold to show the jets being better than the leafs. That guy is going to be devastated when the leafs win a series and go deep in the playoffs.

I think we just need to accept the fact that other fanbases will only continue to grow in the hatred of the Leafs as the Leafs keep getting better and hopefully winning a cup, and that we should just ignore it. There's no sense in discussing with those who are so far against the Leafs. They'll start grasping at more and more straws to discredit the team's success.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I think we just need to accept the fact that other fanbases will only continue to grow in the hatred of the Leafs as the Leafs keep getting better and hopefully winning a cup, and that we should just ignore it. There's no sense in discussing with those who are so far against the Leafs. They'll start grasping at more and more straws to discredit the team's success.

The hatred was overwhelming when we were quiet little mice at the bottom of the standings. I am very excited to see the hate crescendo we are going to get to enjoy over the next 5 years.

I've never been more excited to be a Leaf fan than I am right now. Started watching closely around 2000.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I'd just like to say the Tavares signing has changed my life. I feel better, I have more energy and confidence and let's just say my wife is now happy about the Tavares signing too ;). I fully recommend to anyone watching this that they sign a Tavares as soon as possible and change your life as well.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
did people actually believe LL was going to publicly cry over JT leaving when asked about how it would affect the team going forward ?

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Lou is exactly right. That team never won anything and it's certainly not because of one player, it was because the whole team was poorly built. People are honestly just so sensitive. He did a decent enough job here and did us a favour by taking that Martin contract.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Look at that. One off-season with the Islanders and he's already brought in a gaggle of plugs. I would give my condolences to Islanders fans if TWS wasn't already there to comfort and council them.

Lou is setting up a tank season with plugs who can supervise their kids, kind of like when we had a roster full of guys like Daniel Winnik and Rich Clune.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
yBilK0v.gif

daily reminder that these beauties belong to the leafs.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Faltorvo

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I took Lou’s comments differently when I first read them. I thought he was siding with Tavares, saying something like “there was never a championship team here or in the near future... so I get why he left.”

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Personally I think when reading Lou's comments he expected loyalty from Tavares and assumed he would be re-signing with the Islanders. The reality is from the day he was officially hired which was May 22, 2018 and until July 1, 2018 was 40 days. So it's not like he was the Islanders GM for that long compared to his 28 years in New Jersey or even his 3 years in Toronto.

I also wonder did Lou say anything similar when Zach Parise left the Devils as a UFA in July 2012? I know they went to the Stanley Cup Final that year, however just like Tavares and the Islanders the Devils and Parise never won a Stanley Cup and in the end that's what matters the most.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

do we care?????

are we caring here????

bring on the salt,, by the bloody truck load

leaf fans have EARNED all the goodness that has happened since shanny got here.

other salty fans can suck on my tears of joy.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I wonder if isle fans are really that hurt or are being swayed by TWS and his bull****. The guy doesnt even get his facts correct. Said that tavares lead the isles to 1 playoff appearances in 8 years. In reality he lead them to 3 playoff appearances and a playoff series win playing with sub par talent. That guy will get exposed soon enough and isle fans will be tired of his constant garbage. Jet fans found out he didnt care for the jets but only for any angle he could mold to show the jets being better than the leafs. That guy is going to be devastated when the leafs win a series and go deep in the playoffs.

TWS not getting his facts correct isn't news. And I don't give a flying **** about NYI fans.

The hatred was overwhelming when we were quiet little mice at the bottom of the standings. I am very excited to see the hate crescendo we are going to get to enjoy over the next 5 years.

I've never been more excited to be a Leaf fan than I am right now. Started watching closely around 2000.

I've been watching 30 years longer than you have and I've never been this excited pre-season for sure. I was going out of my mind in 93 when we were one game away from a cup final against MTL but nobody saw that one coming.

I'd just like to say the Tavares signing has changed my life. I feel better, I have more energy and confidence and let's just say my wife is now happy about the Tavares signing too ;). I fully recommend to anyone watching this that they sign a Tavares as soon as possible and change your life as well.

LOL. :thumbu::thumbu:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Personally I think when reading Lou's comments he expected loyalty from Tavares and assumed he would be re-signing with the Islanders. The reality is from the day he was officially hired which was May 22, 2018 and until July 1, 2018 was 40 days. So it's not like he was the Islanders GM for that long compared to his 28 years in New Jersey or even his 3 years in Toronto.

I also wonder did Lou say anything similar when Zach Parise left the Devils as a UFA in July 2012? I know they went to the Stanley Cup Final that year, however just like Tavares and the Islanders the Devils and Parise never won a Stanley Cup and in the end that's what matters the most.

wait is this the same Lou that just dumped the leafs as "his team"? the same Lou that just walked away from us??

the same Lou that was talking to JT on behalf of the isles ,when it was the belief that he was still a leaf? you mean that ole prick? screw em. suck on salt lou.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
When will we first see Tavares? I bet he plays Tuesday, get it out of the way early.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The fact that we signed Tavares is old news but still amazing. Every now and then I picture our team without him (still a very good team) and then think now take that team, and add to it perennially pencilled into the Team Canada lineup bonafide still in his prime experienced veteran John Tavares and think OMG, this really did happen.

20 days until we see him play his first regular season game as a Toronto Maple Leaf. I can't wait!!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
did people actually believe LL was going to publicly cry over JT leaving when asked about how it would affect the team going forward ?

No, not publicly cry. but he could have answered it like this.

"Tavares is gone, and we'll have to adjust, just like every team that loses pieces of their team this summer. I expect the team to do this quickly, and ___ ____ ___." still bluntish like lou, still puts the owness on the team, without it like "Well, John didn't win anything, who cares." which is how it came off as .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No, not publicly cry. but he could have answered it like this.

"Tavares is gone, and we'll have to adjust, just like every team that loses pieces of their team this summer. I expect the team to do this quickly, and ___ ____ ___." still bluntish like lou, still puts the owness on the team, without it like "Well, John didn't win anything, who cares." which is how it came off as .
yea he could have but i guess he didn't feel the need to placate Leaf fans by pumping JT's tires

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yea he could have but i guess he didn't feel the need to placate Leaf fans by pumping JT's tires

what the heck does that mean? what I said has nothing to do with "placating" the Leafs Fans. it was said without sounding sour grapes that he lost out on anything, or doing what a tonne of people do and blame one person for not having success.

Like I said, I generally don't mind ruthless Lou, but if this was said about anyone else, i would have said the same thing. I don't get why if someone points out how unfair/sour grapes this is it's about being a sensitive leafs fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad