The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
yBilK0v.gif

daily reminder that these beauties belong to the leafs.

Loved hearing this part of the video when JT said it as part of his conversation with Auston:

JT: "Hey if I'm coming, are you here for the long term"
Matthews: "100% without a doubt"

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Last month I was on vacation in Walt Disney World and I happen to see someone wearing a Leafs hat. I went up to him and said Go Leafs Go, he responds back to me saying it as well and follows it up with how he got Tavares. I said hell yeah that's for sure.

Reactions: PromisedLand

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
How awesome is it that these 2 guys will learn from each other and drive each other to compete harder.

With Tavares onboard and Matthews a year older... everyone, the goalies, the defence and the forwards are all going to be better Hockey players than they were last year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It would be nice to see Tavares embrace the concept of wrecking the Islanders for the remainder of his career every time the Leafs play him. I'm not sure there's any room for this sentimentality and soft heartedness towards a fanbase that obviously feels wronged and will hate you forever anyway. Just go wreck them and have fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LeaffaninQuebec

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Enough talking about the Isles board. Just take the high road and let them be bitter - it'll be fun to face them in the regular season!

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
90 point season incoming, he’ll be drooling in the slot with Marner feathering him tap ins from the right point on the PP.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

that's okay Lou, I feel the same way about you leaving the Leafs

:laugh: ditto

and again, while i always appreciate Lou's frankness - i think it's very clear. if the Islanders didn't fuss around for 9 years of his life, he would have stayed. and saying there isn't gonna be an aftermath is so dumbo. there will be. There were some here when Kessel, Phaneuf etc left. there'll be some for a bit as they adjust w/o John

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
7 years... let that sink in
Just absolutely glorious.

I agree with the sentiment to just let the bitter be bitter. We've got a crazy good team right now and Tavares locked in for 7 years! This season alone will be crazy but the next several years will be equally so. Before this the most exciting additions outside of drafting guys were trades for guys near the end of their careers. We've got a star signed through his remaining prime. Amazing.

Reactions: WillyC

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
:laugh: ditto

and again, while i always appreciate Lou's frankness - i think it's very clear. if the Islanders didn't fuss around for 9 years of his life, he would have stayed. and saying there isn't gonna be an aftermath is so dumbo. there will be. There were some here when Kessel, Phaneuf etc left. there'll be some for a bit as they adjust w/o John
yeah it's pretty clear he's lying for fan support. two months ago he was offering more AAV and term than the Leafs, now he wants to shit on him on the way out. I'm very thankful Lou is gone

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad