The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Continuation from the Tavares signing thread as it was pretty full.

A note to ensure you're following the rules. There will be limited wiggle room for breaking them as warnings and thread bans may be handed out. Some notable rules:

1) Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

4) Threadjacking/OT: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. All political discussion is to be done on the Political Discussion Forum.

5) Offensive Content: This is a site for ages 13 and up. Minors will be viewing our content, and threads are searchable on the web. Do not post slurs and stereotypes, sexually-oriented material, gore (human or animal), or any other potentially objectionable material. Our users are diverse in all ways so please respect that. Do not circumvent the profanity filter with alternate spellings/characters. Simply type out the word and let the filter handle it. Do not wish injury upon anyone, whether a site member or not.

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

** If you see a post that violates any of the above rules, use the report post feature. Using this can bring it to the attention of all active moderators and it will be addressed as quickly as possible. Once a post is reported, leave it alone and let the mods do their job. Do not respond to the post, tell the poster they were reported, or chide people for violating the rules

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/help/terms

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I’m intrigued to see what type of legacy Tavares can carve out here. It would be so great if he could play equally as well for as long here, as he did in NY. Like Patrick Roy or Al MacInnis.

I still can’t believe we achieved the greatest UFA signing in a decade. This has the potential to rank up there with the UFA signings of Chara and Niedermayer, maybe even better.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Watching some awesome Matthews highlights...this one is an amazing tribute...and I had to slap myself because we have Tavares too! OMG, I'm still grinning about Tavares and Matthews as our centres!

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Im still in shock we signed a player of his Caliber, I loved watching him on the Islanders since 09, its surreal to have a another 1st class Talent on this team! :naughty:

SeanAvery

Apr 13, 2015
My brother and I went absolute nuts when we heard the news. We text each other almost at the same time and then couldn't stop talking about the Leafs future. It's a really exciting time for Leafs Nation. Lets go boyz, can't wait for the season to start!

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I'm still not really sure it hit me. I was on the way to a job site this morning with my boss and I talked about Tavares for a good half an hour. My boss isn't a hockey fan lol.

Reactions: draeko17

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Can someone post that gif of Matthews and marner trading komorov and Martin for tavares on nhl18? Can't find it.

Here you go... ;)

giphy.gif

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Having Marner on his wing and opposition having to split their checkers or get burned by line 1A or line A1. It's gonna be filthy boys.
There are not many teams that can have two d pairings that can handle those lines. Should be fun to watch one of our two first lines take easier competition.

Reactions: Marshy

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
That gif is great! Was it actually from that video, or was it editted in?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm going to give myself a moment of silliness.....Yes! We got Tavares!

This is pretty darn fun honestly. It may not fully hit me until we see him on the ice. What has happened to this team is something I wouldn't have bet on. We got: smart management, Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Babcock, Andersen, Tavares, etc. We got the right people and have assembled a talented squad that I'd never have believed we'd have a few years ago. When we were swimming in mediocrity it all just seemed so directionless.

Now we've got two franchise centers. This is just nuts. Back when were drafting Kadri, just looked up at the top of the draft and thought "it would have been nice to get that guy too." The job of building around this core group is there, but wow we've got an exciting group. Tavares just makes this a so much scarier team. Can't wait till the games get going and he nets that first goal as a Leaf. All becomes real then.

Reactions: Superstar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad