The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No, not publicly cry. but he could have answered it like this.

"Tavares is gone, and we'll have to adjust, just like every team that loses pieces of their team this summer. I expect the team to do this quickly, and ___ ____ ___." still bluntish like lou, still puts the owness on the team, without it like "Well, John didn't win anything, who cares." which is how it came off as .

Which is essentially what he was going for. He doesn't care about Tavares or Leaf fans anymore. He cares about the Islanders and and their fans. By saying there wasn't much success with Tavares anyway, gets the fans on his side, and likely some of the players in the room as well.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
what the heck does that mean? what I said has nothing to do with "placating" the Leafs Fans. it was said without sounding sour grapes that he lost out on anything, or doing what a tonne of people do and blame one person for not having success.

Like I said, I generally don't mind ruthless Lou, but if this was said about anyone else, i would have said the same thing. I don't get why if someone points out how unfair/sour grapes this is it's about being a sensitive leafs fan.
see DJ we're back to you not liking how he worded the message than the message itself

he said nothing false and if i was the Leafs GM and someone asked me how we'd move on after the Kessel trade i'd say the same thing , now this doesn't mean he's shifting the blame to JT or i to Kessel it simply means the goal is team success and the focus is to rebuild a weak team

LL is NY's GM now so i don't understand why anyone would think he needs to carefully word his message as to not upset Leafs fans .

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Which is essentially what he was going for. He doesn't care about Tavares or Leaf fans anymore. He cares about the Islanders and and their fans. By saying there wasn't much success with Tavares anyway, gets the fans on his side, and likely some of the players in the room as well.
If Lamoriello really thought that why did he even want to re-sign Tavares with that type of thinking?

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If Lamoriello really thought that why did he even want to re-sign Tavares with that type of thinking?

I think what Cor is saying is not that Lou necessarily believes what he said is true, but that he's saying it in an attempt to get fans/players on his side.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think what Cor is saying is not that Lou necessarily believes what he said is true, but that he's saying it in an attempt to get fans/players on his side.
I think that's basically it. Not that I think Lou desperately wants or needs the Islanders fanbase supporting him, but it rallies them around the team. And ideally it rallies the team together. Get that group fired up to prove Tavares wrong for leaving and such. At the very least I doubt he wants people missing what isn't there anymore instead of supporting the team that still exists.

Regardless I'm still grinning at Tavares being a Leaf and our group having the potential to really make some noise this season.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I completely get that. Although I'm of the belief that Lou is one who follows a strict set of rules and take this for example. On July 9, 2018 he said this about the week UFA's get to talk with other teams.

“I was extremely disappointed with the window of interviews; that was not the intention of how the league and union intended it,” said Lamoriello, declining to go into further details as to what irked him about the process. “I was very disappointed with the way the process was. I’ve never seen it like this one.”

Lamoriello excited about Isles’ future home at Belmont

So based on that out of principal will Lou not meet with any potential UFA's before July 1, 2019 since he doesn't like the process? Chances are if Tavares re-signed he would not have that opinion. After all let's remember he meet with Steven Stamkos in June 2016 before he re-signed in Tampa Bay. Hell Lou also meet with Tavares on behalf of the Islanders while he was still under contract with the Leafs as a Senior Advisor.

I know Lou's recent comments about Tavares leaving and never winning a Stanley Cup is a way to make the Islanders fans feel better and for their current players to also hear. However when I hear him say that I wonder why even attempt to re-sign him if he really believed that?

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
hockey players have more personality than they let them portray in commercials. just awful lol

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

I love how quickly JT has seemingly forgotten about the Islanders. You can literally see the glee of joy sparkle in his eye that he's a Maple Leaf.

I also like to think this video is of him searching for his f***s given about all the Islander fans who threaten they're going to boo him, and hassle him when he plays back in the Island.

Like f*** you guys, I'm a Leaf.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have a feeling someone might have already posted this video, however I don't feel like going through 41 pages to see if that's true. Anyway out of all the Tavares fan made videos on YouTube made after he signed this is my favorite one.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
motherofgod.jpg

Its all starting to sink in now........

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I love how quickly JT has seemingly forgotten about the Islanders. You can literally see the glee of joy sparkle in his eye that he's a Maple Leaf.

I also like to think this video is of him searching for his ****s given about all the Islander fans who threaten they're going to boo him, and hassle him when he plays back in the Island.

Like **** you guys, I'm a Leaf.

Read the replies. Isles fans are still the saltiest bunch on the planet. Pathetic. lol

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I'M SO PUMPED TO FINALLY SEE HIM PLAY TODAY IN A LEAFS JERSEY. Can't imagine how pumped I will be seeing him play a regular season AND PLAYOFFS

I haven't been more excited for a preseason game.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

I also like to think this video is of him searching for his ****s given about all the Islander fans who threaten they're going to boo him, and hassle him when he plays back in the Island.

Like **** you guys, I'm a Leaf.

Yep you can really see it in his eyes and body language how he is where he has always wanted to be, what a breath of fresh air to have a hometown star finally have the courage to come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->