The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The one that wins:sarcasm:

but even they trade for players at the deadline every year. Id have to look it up but it feels like every contender adds at least one player before the deadline each year even if its a 7th D its still a player who wasn't on the opening night roster

edit: Washington added 2 last year

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
My desired outcome is for us to win the cup but I'm also a realist and understand that no one team can expect to win the cup this season. Off the top of my head, I'd guess no one team has better than a 15% shot this year but that has nothing to do with whether or not we're a contender (and yes, we absolutely are a contender). As for theory of progression, see what Vegas did last season.

Better give that crystal ball of yours a good cleaning, it's not doing a very good job.

VEGAS was a fluke. As you will see this year. They will miss the playoffs.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
VEGAS was a fluke. As you will see this year. They will miss the playoffs.

I doubt that. Though I'm sure that even if Vegas wins the cup this year there will still be people predicting they miss the playoffs next year.

mccabe2424

Jul 28, 2013
Toronto
Last 2 Canada day weekends we've added 2 gold medal Olympions but this signing shows how far we've come as an organization in relatively short time

Reactions: Dio666

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
THIS!

Leafs fans please understand that the Leafs are not a contender yet. They are a great team. but they are missing 1 piece.

The next 7 years are going to be a VERY emotional roller-coaster ride for Leafs Nation. Expectations are through the roof. But the kids arent ready.....YET!

Leafs contention window starts next season.

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

ArtRoss

Jun 25, 2004
That Islanders Tavares thread is worth a good 10-15 minute read. The salt level is ridiculous.

Reactions: Dio666

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Honestly good for TWS that he finally found a new anti-Leaf circle**** group.

Which team will he latch on to next? Before it was the Sabres and the Jets. Before even that, he claimed to be a "neutral fan."

I feel bad for the Islander fans that actually think he means well.

His obsession with pumping up Barzal and trying to diminish Tavares is also laughable.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Which team will he latch on to next? Before it was the Sabres and the Jets. Before even that, he claimed to be a "neutral fan."

I feel bad for the Islander fans that actually think he means well.

His obsession with pumping up Barzal and trying to diminish Tavares is also laughable.

He's also spent time as a Canucks fan due to Boeser vs Marner. :laugh:

It's embarrassing how fan bases let him do this.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
He's also spent time as a Canucks fan due to Boeser vs Marner. :laugh:

It's embarrassing how fan bases let him do this.

I peaked the Islanders board and they straight up don't care that he switches teams. One even admitted that as long as TWS is a Leaf hater, it's all good.

I can't wait until Tavares kills it this season. Such bitter, bitter folks.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I peaked the Islanders board and they straight up don't care that he switches teams. One even admitted that as long as TWS is a Leaf hater, it's all good.

I can't wait until Tavares kills it this season. Such bitter, bitter folks.
Basically any other forum on the internet would've perma banned him by now but there's a reason why so few if any people in the industry post on this site.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Basically any other forum on the internet would've perma banned him by now but there's a reason why so few if any people in the industry post on this site.

Someone should enter that thread and reply to the guys who say he's a good poster and say something like 'will you burn his jersey too when he leaves next summer?'

No cups since 1967 is bad...but are four cups over thirty years ago really that much better? They've had five top 5 picks since Tavares was drafted for f***s sake and whiffed all but two of them (and traded one of those guys away). We have had three and nailed them all.

And if Islanders fans think in six years time if they've continued to win nothing (they'll be bad for at least three) that Barzal will be any more loyal than Tavares are gonna be in for a surprise...

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Someone should enter that thread and reply to the guys who say he's a good poster and say something like 'will you burn his jersey too when he leaves next summer?'

No cups since 1967 is bad...but are four cups over thirty years ago really that much better? They've had five top 5 picks since Tavares was drafted for ****s sake and whiffed all but two of them (and traded one of those guys away). We have had three and nailed them all.

And if Islanders fans think in six years time if they've continued to win nothing (they'll be bad for at least three) that Barzal will be any more loyal than Tavares are gonna be in for a surprise...

Who is the third top 5 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad