The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
kadri is the better defensive player, matthews is better than both...thats why i think hyman, our best defensive forward, and matthews will continue to face number 1 lines
hyman and matthews will be split this season per babs, at least thats the latest info.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Kinda disapointed I haven't seen a Tavares highlight video to this song yet... ;)

Any video wiz's here willing to whip one up!?! ;)

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Lol @ all the internet gangsters on the Isles forum who are talking about beating Leafs fans who show up at Barclays. :laugh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Lol @ all the internet gangsters on the Isles forum who are talking about beating Leafs fans who show up at Barclays. :laugh:
Yeah one or two of them have gone pretty overboard. One doesn't even appear to be an Isles fan. It is pretty funny. But, they are already starting with the victim blaming to condone their own fans acting like felons if it happens. Whatever, we are talking about a fanbase that burned a Canadian flag (despite their best players of all time being Canadian) and booed our national anthem. Now, that is a tiny sample of their fanbase and not representative of their fans as a whole, but if they want to act like attacking Leafs fans is justified because of social media and message board comments, they seriously need to re-evaluate things.

Reactions: Pyromaniac

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Lmaohavent been to the Islanders forum since we signed him. Some of them are just coming to the realization that the Orange and Blue just isn’t as classic or prestigious as the old Blue and White.

A certain former leafs poster is absolutely embarrassing himself with the Judas posts :laugh: what a weirdo

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

I just saw that and yikes.

They've insulted and have tried to degrade Tavares and his fiancee non-stop since this signing and are now not so subtlety hinting at violence at the Leafs-Isles game in Brooklyn. :help:

Remember, we're the bad guys, though. :shakehead

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Yeah, I just wanna go on record with a big call.

Tavares is the Maurice of the Toronto Maple Leafs. The guy is just a buffalo bison, who is going to lift everyone on the team to much bigger heights.

Overnight we become the hardest working team in the NHL. We terrorize everyone.

Callup up two toughies for the playoffs and we smoke everyone.

I have always thought this was the toughest non tough guy in the NHL. Watch what he does for the whole lineup, Dubas and Shanahan really outdid themselves with bringing in this guy.

Every guy on the Leafs is 25% better with this guy in the lineup.

He was wasted, totally wasted, in New York. Watch him now.

You heard it here first .

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I have a hard time believing he will be the top goal scorer on his own team. Let alone the league's top goal scorer.

But I like your optimism.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I have a hard time believing he will be the top goal scorer on his own team. Let alone the league's top goal scorer.

But I like your optimism.
I said he would likely get 50 goals this coming season before we signed him. He is a pure goal scorer who has never played with a talent like Marner and who can get him the puck in prime scoring areas.

I say he leads the Leafs in goals this year and be very close to the leagues best in goal scoring or be the best.

To be the Rocket winner you need a player who can get you the puck in key areas of the ice and not have the puck all the time. JT always had to create offence for himself and his line mates on the Island. People may finally understand just how good Marner really is playing with JT.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
People's expectations are what causes disappointment around here

THIS!

Leafs fans please understand that the Leafs are not a contender yet. They are a great team. but they are missing 1 piece.

The next 7 years are going to be a VERY emotional roller-coaster ride for Leafs Nation. Expectations are through the roof. But the kids arent ready.....YET!

Leafs contention window starts next season.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
THIS!

Leafs fans please understand that the Leafs are not a contender yet. They are a great team. but they are missing 1 piece.

The next 7 years are going to be a VERY emotional roller-coaster ride for Leafs Nation. Expectations are through the roof. But the kids arent ready.....YET!

Leafs contention window starts next season.

Why are you begging Leaf fans to understand something that isn't true?

I keep reading people saying we're not contenders and I feel a little bit sorry for you that you can't see what's going on in this town. I'm glad you're in the minority but I wish you'd keep your unbridled pessimism to yourself and let the rest of us who understand how stacked our team is enjoy the coming season in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad