The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I forgot about Reilly being a Top 5 pick.

Precisely.

They had Tavares, Nino who is good but they traded, and Strome, who sucks and they traded, Reinhart who is a bust that they traded (fair play, they used the pick for Barzal) and Dal Colle, who is a bust and will be traded probably sometime soon.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Someone should enter that thread and reply to the guys who say he's a good poster and say something like 'will you burn his jersey too when he leaves next summer?'

No cups since 1967 is bad...but are four cups over thirty years ago really that much better? They've had five top 5 picks since Tavares was drafted for ****s sake and whiffed all but two of them (and traded one of those guys away). We have had three and nailed them all.

And if Islanders fans think in six years time if they've continued to win nothing (they'll be bad for at least three) that Barzal will be any more loyal than Tavares are gonna be in for a surprise...
Don't think Leafs fans should post in that thread. At this point that thread is basically a support group for all the butthurt losers who have yet to get over Tavares leaving. TWS is addicted to these support groups so he just latches onto the latest one because he is a miserable cretin who has yet to get over this board rejecting him.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Heck Yes! We signed Tavares!

--------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Some fans need to stop talking about TWS and what he's doing please. He's a nobody, and his opinion means shit. He probably gets word from other members that tell him Leaf fans are talking about him. That only feeds him. Let him be. Why give him any reaction to the garbage he spews? Y'all should know how he operates. Some people just want to see the Leafs burn.

Be humble, stay happy and smile. A lot of very tough years have come and gone, but the last 2+ have been a blast. It only gets better going forward with the core we've assembled. You were loyal and believed in your team and it's vision. Time to enjoy the fruit.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Precisely.

They had Tavares, Nino who is good but they traded, and Strome, who sucks and they traded, Reinhart who is a bust that they traded (fair play, they used the pick for Barzal) and Dal Colle, who is a bust and will be traded probably sometime soon.
Still hoping we somehow get Dal Colle cheap to only see him tear it up. I'd love to read the HF conspiracy theories about how Lou is a double agent.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Still hoping we somehow get Dal Colle cheap to only see him tear it up. I'd love to read the HF conspiracy theories about how Lou is a double agent.

Eh...

If we can get him for like a 5th then sure.

Because I've spent the last six and a half years in Asia, where I have only been on the ice when on dates and the only things I've lifted have been cans, bottles, glasses, envelopes full of money, the occasional guitar and Asian women, and I could still beat him in a race around the rink.

And I'm about 13 years older than he is.

Last edited:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

P.S. Some fans need to stop talking about TWS and what he's doing please. He's a nobody, and his opinion means ****. He probably gets word from other members that tell him Leaf fans are talking about him. That only feeds him. Let him be. Why give him any reaction to the garbage he spews? Y'all should know how he operates. Some people just want to see the Leafs burn.

Be humble, stay happy and smile. A lot of very tough years have come and gone, but the last 2+ have been a blast. It only gets better going forward with the core we've assembled. You were loyal and believed in your team and it's vision. Time to enjoy the fruit.
If anything feel sad for the guy, he's going to have to wait a while to find a team he can jump onto that'll win a cup in his lifetime or what he has left.

Leafs are looking good with Tavares. This is going to be a fun time for us fans, no need to let other fans get in the way of that fun.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

P.S. Some fans need to stop talking about TWS and what he's doing please. He's a nobody, and his opinion means ****. He probably gets word from other members that tell him Leaf fans are talking about him. That only feeds him. Let him be. Why give him any reaction to the garbage he spews? Y'all should know how he operates. Some people just want to see the Leafs burn.

He's the Steve Simmons of HF. And is known and talked about for the same reason Steve is. Because both know f*** all, pretend they do, lie, and kiss the right ass at the right moment to be able to continue doing it.

Though I agree with you, there is a certain level of enjoyment in bashing Simmons/TWS because their shtick is so predictable.

They both run and hide when they are smacked upside the head with a fact that shows them they're wrong on something too.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, we basically got him for Lou and their fanbase having to take on TWS who is a Clarkson like albatross. Massive win for the Leafs.

Has anyone pointed out to him the irony and insanity of a former Leafs fan, turned Jet fan, turned Islander fan, constantly spewing terms like “traitor” and “Judas”?

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So what happens if Tavares has zero chemistry with Marner? We can easily put Marner back with Kadri but if we leave Matthews/Nylander together, surely we're not gonna set Tavares up with Brown and Johnsson are we?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So what happens if Tavares has zero chemistry with Marner? We can easily put Marner back with Kadri but if we leave Matthews/Nylander together, surely we're not gonna set Tavares up with Brown and Johnsson are we?

Well... if Nylander/Matthews and Kadri/Marleau/Marner are together, that's two very capable offensive threats as lines.

Then Tavares can be played with some mixture of Leivo/Grundstrom/Johnsson/Kapanen/Brown/Ennis/Engevall..... and end up massively raising their stock.

But chances are, Marner and Tavares will be just fine together.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

I'd imagine they would initially try to change the LW to shake things up.

If nothing seems to work, I could see an attempt with Johnsson - Tavares - Kapanen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Reading through the Islanders thread again, and there's some interesting posts.

One acted like John Tavares putting up over a point-per-game last season is an indication that he's slowing down. Arguing that he had Anders Lee on his wing, who scored 40 goals. As if Tavares wasn't the reason Anders Lee scored as many goals as he did.

The same poster calls John Tavares "judas" "traitor" (even though he isn't even an Islanders fan :laugh: ) "pajama boy" (even though it was his blankets that had Leaf logos on them, not his PJ's - and even then, JT was like 8 in that picture, of couse he has PJ's on) among others.

I mean, what that poster is doing is working, because he's getting the Islanders fans pretty rialed up with those posts. I kinda wonder if he's trolling them.

Fun stuff.

Reactions: Pi

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It still doesn't seem real.

It's going to to be really weird when we see him in about a month!
It'll be weird and awesome especially when we get to some pre-season games and the season opener. It's still mind-boggling that we have Tavares and now have two elite centers and one pretty darn good one all at the same time. From the days we had to transition from Sundin to Stajan and then everything past that point. Now we are locked in down the middle.

Can't wait for next season to start.

Reactions: Garthinater

member 300185

Reading through the Islanders thread again, and there's some interesting posts.

One acted like John Tavares putting up over a point-per-game last season is an indication that he's slowing down. Arguing that he had Anders Lee on his wing, who scored 40 goals. As if Tavares wasn't the reason Anders Lee scored as many goals as he did.

The same poster calls John Tavares "judas" "traitor" (even though he isn't even an Islanders fan :laugh: ) "pajama boy" (even though it was his blankets that had Leaf logos on them, not his PJ's - and even then, JT was like 8 in that picture, of couse he has PJ's on) among others.

I mean, what that poster is doing is working, because he's getting the Islanders fans pretty rialed up with those posts. I kinda wonder if he's trolling them.

Fun stuff.
Yea, I was just there reading stuff. Seems like you are buddy buddy with Isles fans. Are you sure you are not a closet NYI fan?

LOL.

Its hilarious. The signing happened over a month and a half ago and they are still over there bawling.

Poor little sookie babies think Tavares is a traitor. They forget he gave them 9 great years. His contract was up, end of story

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yea, I was just there reading stuff. Seems like you are buddy buddy with Isles fans. Are you sure you are not a closet NYI fan?

LOL.

Its hilarious. The signing happened over a month and a half ago and they are still over there bawling.

Poor little sookie babies think Tavares is a traitor. They forget he gave them 9 great years. His contract was up, end of story

Seems like I’m buddy buddy with them?

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Remember when Burke was all like "I WANT TAVARES, WE WILL GET HIM (AND STUFF)"... well almost 10 years later Burke accomplished the impossible. All while working for another team, good job!! Thank you, Brian!

Reactions: Garthinater

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
egsL4gS.png

daily reminder.

(and yes Bart Simpson is a grumpy Isles fan.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->