Attachments

• IMG_20180804_102631.jpg
    IMG_20180804_102631.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Here's something I hadn't heard a lot about wrt the Tavares signing. Shanahan used to play lacrosse with Uncle Tavare when he was younger. I would think that connection and sense of familiarity would have helped influence the decision.

Reactions: Garthinater

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Still thrilled. Nothing can convince me this team isn't a cup contender right now.

I've never been more optimistic about this team.

Agree 100%!

The most LOL thing about this place lately is the amount of people who are passionately arguing that the Leafs need to "fix the D first" or "win a round first" or whatever else before they can be considered a serious contender.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Has anyone else noticed that whenever Drake drops an album something amazing happens to the Leafs?

April 29/16 Views, April 30/16 Leafs win Matthews lottery

June 29/18 Scorpion, July 1/18 Leafs sign Tavares

I've pretty much never noticed anything Drake does, never mind how other things supposedly relate to what he does or when he does it or whatever else. The lone exception that comes to mind is the one time when I was watching a Raptor game - they interviewed him during some break, the game started up again and they just kept going on and on and on and on while the game was being played. S T F U and watch the game Drake, how's that for an idea?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Agree 100%!

The most LOL thing about this place lately is the amount of people who are passionately arguing that the Leafs need to "fix the D first" or "win a round first" or whatever else before they can be considered a serious contender.

To those people:

Ottawa Senators were recently one game away from the SCF. Clearly they are contenders now since they won 2 rounds recently. Go support them and not the lowly Leafs who haven't won a round.

I am sure the Sens are a contender right now.

For the first overall pick in the 2019 draft.

Which by the way, belongs to the Colorado Avalanche.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Agree 100%!

I know! How can a 100+ point team add Tavares and not be a contender? This team could win a cup as-is.

They're not the favourite, mind you. That's clearly still Nashville and Tampa Bay. But the Leafs are in that next tier. And it's not like we're forbidden from making changes before the playoffs. We added at the last two deadlines, why wouldn't Dubas make a push again this year?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I know! How can a 100+ point team add Tavares and not be a contender? This team could win a cup as-is.

They're not the favourite, mind you. That's clearly still Nashville and Tampa Bay. But the Leafs are in that next tier. And it's not like we're forbidden from making changes before the playoffs. We added at the last two deadlines, why wouldn't Dubas make a push again this year?

They just need to rest Andersen a lot more. He shouldn't play more than 50-55 games. McElhinney is too old IMO to play 30 games and have good numbers so give Garrett Sparks/Pickard a chance.

If Andersen can play even just .915 in the playoffs like Antti Niemi, we are more than capable of winning a cup.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
They just need to rest Andersen a lot more. He shouldn't play more than 50-55 games. McElhinney is too old IMO to play 30 games and have good numbers so give Garrett Sparks/Pickard a chance.

If Andersen can play even just .915 in the playoffs like Antti Niemi, we are more than capable of winning a cup.
McElhinney could have easily put in 30+ games last year. He played very well for 75% of his games. Andersen's over-usage last year was very puzzling.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Not clear at all IMO. Consider how much better Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson and Dermott should be in April 2019 then they were in April 2018 - no other team has this youth factor going for them and it's potentially HUGE.

There are a lot of really good teams and it's hard to say IMO who belongs or not in that top tier but I'm pretty sure we're in there.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not clear at all IMO. Consider how much better Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Johnsson and Dermott should be in April 2019 then they were in April 2018 - no other team has this youth factor going for them and it's potentially HUGE.

There are a lot of really good teams and it's hard to say IMO who belongs or not in that top tier but I'm pretty sure we're in there.

Ya, I'm pretty sure were just splitting hairs, or even just down to semantics at this point. We seem to agree they're among the top of the league. I won't argue the difference between top 2 or top 5 with a fellow fan. If I get my hopes any higher they'll suffocate from the altitude!

:D :thumbu:

Reactions: Gary Nylund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad