The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Yea the posts about Tavares actually not being very good anymore are really good. Also like the posts saying we lost JVR + Bozak who had more points than Tavares, so we're actually in a worst position now. Of course the our defense and goalie are awful posts posts out of nowhere are pretty good too.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Yea the posts about Tavares actually not being very good anymore are really good. Also like the posts saying we lost JVR + Bozak who had more points than Tavares, so we're actually in a worst position now. Of course the our defense and goalie are awful posts posts out of nowhere are pretty good too.
There’s so much that pisses me off most about the whole we lost JVR and Bozak thing.

1. If last year we said we’d trade JVR and Bozak for Tavares we would have gotten laughed at, now for some reason those two together are close to him?

2. It’s not just us getting Tavares, it’s also us being able to give Johnsson/Kapanen more ice time. A Kapanen who gets 3rd line minutes all season might put up 40 points playing with Kadri.

3. JVR and Bozak on a line together meant we needed to shelter them non stop. It put us in a pickle if the Matthews or Kadri lines weren’t playing so well.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
People are actually mentioning Leo as an offensive loss as well. LOL.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
My fiancée bought me a Tavares jersey. It’s been a while since I’ve bought a sports jersey, but I had to get his. Seeing his excitement to join our beloved franchise (i’ve watched the blueprint video an embarrassing amount of times), the fact that he took a discount to come home and just how damn deadly it has our lineup looking... I couldn’t help it. I’ve never been this excited for a season to start

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
There’s so much that pisses me off most about the whole we lost JVR and Bozak thing.

1. If last year we said we’d trade JVR and Bozak for Tavares we would have gotten laughed at, now for some reason those two together are close to him?

2. It’s not just us getting Tavares, it’s also us being able to give Johnsson/Kapanen more ice time. A Kapanen who gets 3rd line minutes all season might put up 40 points playing with Kadri.

3. JVR and Bozak on a line together meant we needed to shelter them non stop. It put us in a pickle if the Matthews or Kadri lines weren’t playing so well.

Let me start by saying I'll miss Bozak and JVR. They were loyal players during a dark time and IMO deserved to be the ones kept for some long awaited success.

That said, it's complete laziness or bias to try and compare them against Tavares. JT scored more goals than JVR in a career year and had ~15 less points than both of them combine on a worse team playing tougher matchups. Also, even though his production is compared to JVR, he replaces Bozak on the ice.

So, you have a player to scored more goals than JVR, replaces Bozak on the ice, scored nearly as many points as both of them on a worse team playing against top lines.

This doesn't even take into consideration the defensive improvement or the fact that Johnsson or Kapanen will be replacing Bozaks production. Then there's the job of trying to figure out how much Tavares improves his linemates.

Reactions: draeko17

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Litterally everyone predicted Tavares would get 12 or more per season and now 11 million is too high. LOL. He left millions on the table.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Litterally everyone predicted Tavares would get 12 or more per season and now 11 million is too high. LOL. He left millions on the table.
Which hopefully effects the other signings we need to do. Having a star player do that is huge for the team imo.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Where do you take JT in a hockey pool now?

If Marner was a lock for PPG before you gotta think barring injury both him and JT are a lock for 90+ points maybe even 100 isn't out of the question?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

This is really what Kadri was talking about when talking about JT's work ethic. I've said for awhile (way before he became a Leaf) that Tavares is in the 99th percentile when it comes to dedication to working hard and getting better.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I am still in a bit of disbelief that we have 2 top 10 centers in the entire league (not to mention Kadri who is an elite 30G 2C).

I know the main board crowd doesn't consider AM34 a top 10 C but they are wack.

Reactions: Garthinater and Eb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad