The All Encompassing "Heck yes, we signed Tavares" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Until October we can only dream at what could become.

But here is what we have now in terms of center scoring power.
We have JT 37g ranked #7 - imagine where he will be flanked by Marner and Marleu
We have AM 34g ranked #10 - imagine where he will be if he plays 82 games
We have NK 32g ranked #13 - imagine where he will be if he's not anchored down by Leo Komarov

I'm telling you these boys will have 120 goals between them.

Now if we look at the changes and pro rate
We subtracted JVR, Uncle Leo, and Bozak and added JT, Kapanen and Johnsson

Tavares is +1 goals on JVR
Kapanen (prorated to 82 games) is +8 on Leo
Johnsson (prorated to 82 games) is +7 on Bozak

We just added 16 goals

Last year the leafs were tied for second place in the league over all in scoring with 277 goals.

This year will be threatening to take over first place from Tampa...:scared::banana::cool:

Reactions: slozo and iSophagus

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I just feel when it's really lop-sided there's no real bad blood fan-wise. like. when I entered the scene (see: Leafs sweep Ottawa), it was already the classic "Ottawa dominates in the regular season, Leafs win playoff round."

and I know that in Ottawa you had all the "No leafs gear allowed" and the banning of buying tickets if you were a Leafs fan and here it was like "meh,whatever." I don't think personally it got to a point where Leafs fans hated Ottawa fans as much as it was perceived that Ottawa fans hated Leafs fans not in the regular season anyway. though maybe after the Alfreddson on Tucker hit that changed. to be fair. Imma Old. I don't remember things :laugh:

That hit did it for me too and then when alfie fake threw his stick into the crowd to troll sundin it just re-upped it

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I think JT move to Toronto will be a lot like Kessel's move to Pittsburgh.

Not the number 1 guy anymore, playing with/or sheltered by other stars.

I'm reasonably confident in saying that the next three years will be career years for JT and he might even see Hart consideration in one or two of them.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I’ve actually been insanely depressed the last couple of weeks, and I’m starting to think it’s due to the lack of hockey. Bring me Tavares

Last edited:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
It’ll be extremely tough for teams to shutdown our offence! I don’t imagine we will get shut out much this season at all!

I do think with our skill up front, Babcock will be emphasizing team defense more than befor to compensate for a weak link or two on our backend.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Finally broke. Icejerseys $40 off orders over $150 got me to order a new Tavares. I'll figure out getting a letter on, when the Leafs decide what they are doing with letters.

Reactions: Liminality

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
John Tavares NHL All Time Ranking:

Stat: Number (All-time Rank)
Games Played: 669 (#992)
Goals: 272 (#244)
Assists: 349 (#365)
OT Goals: 11 (#22)
GW Goals: 42 (#219)
ES Goals: 186 (#267)
PP Goals: 83 (#230)

A 82 game season will bring him to the top 800
A 30 goal season will bring him to the top 200
A 35 assist season will bring him to the top 300
A 75 point season will bring him to the top 240
2 more OT goals brings him to the top 10 all-time
5 more GWG brings him to the top 175
25 more ES goals brings him to the top 200
15 more PP goals brings him to the top 175

That OTG stat is impressive :wow:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Tavares is a top player in the NHL who has had some average line mates his value will be shown this year and his point will reflect his value as a NHL Center.
I think it will be eye opening. Tavares had among the toughest matchup against him in the league (demonstrable in advanced stats). Barzal is in for a rude awakening when he realizes what top d's can do when there isn't a shit magnet that can draw them away from your line

Reactions: diceman934

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Its probably been mentioned already, but John Tavares could very well be our next player whose number gets raised into the rafters!!! This just hit me!!!

Will-Ferrell-As-Elf-Excited-For-Christmas.gif

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Because they think Tavares signing with the Leafs was premeditated and he strung them along last season.

It's dumb but that's what they're going with. :laugh:
It is better to have love and lost than to have never loved before:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad